Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CONTEST TIME! "How a stimulus package works"

Adam Montana

Well if u consider the tourist to be the Fed Reserve. The tourist would probably want more then his $100 back in return for leaving it on the counter. Otherwise he has no intensive of leaving it on the table. So that would require the Hotel manager(US Gov) to barrow from the butcher(China in the form of T-Bills) in hopes that another tourist or same tourist would come in and do the same thing allowing them to use the money. Eventually the butcher would quit lending to the hotel manager.

The greatest flaw in this so-called stimulus program is that the money was stolen, with no guarantee that it would ever find its way back to its owner before it was discovered missing. The fact that it somehow did miraculously make the rounds, and "retire" everyone's debt is a farce.

The hotel owner is a thief who should have been discovered immediately. The error of this entire scenario is that we are to presume the sequence of events to be realistic, when in fact they would never ever happen this way. The theft was never intended to be a stimulus program, but instead was based on the presumption of the hotel owner that the traveler would most certainly find one of his rooms to be satisfactory, and thus become his customer. He therefore "spent" the proceeds of this presumed transaction before it ever actually was consumated.

That, my good dinar investor friends, is stealing, which is a crime where I live.

the whole thing is BS...it's like ghost money/ a $100 bill enters town, is passed around through the local merchants. All debtors (merchants) absolve all their debts with it, and then that $100 bill leaves town. It erased everyone's debt and never entered or stayed in the local economy since the traveler left Dodge. Fascinating. Not all that much different than a Bankruptcy really.

I like your thoughts on this. I thought about adding something like this to my answer. Gotta love the IRS. I think the traveler was an undercover IRS agent who watched the entire circle from the window upstairs and documented it all for a stimulus package later to be introduced called the "Government Always Gets Theirs".

the hotel owner is still in debt because the motel owner is the one started the pay off debt.

The hooker recieved nothing for her services like everyone else did. She used the money to pay the hotel bill. The hotel clerk got pork, the farmer got grain, the co-op got the love muffin, and the hooker got screwed.

• Upvote 2

This was sent to me via email. I get a LOT of these, obviously... I mean, over 35,000 people have my email address. :blink:

I almost responded... but then I thought it would be better if the level headed, intelligent members of DV took a crack at it!

I mean, let's be honest. I can say a lot, but as a group you can all say MUCH MORE. (That's the premise of VIP and getting a better rate to cash in, but I digress...)

So, let's have some fun with this!

Please read the following... and I implore you to find the one serious flaw in this email.

What's at stake?

A FREE VIP MEMBERSHIP FOR TWO PEOPLE.

Yep, that's right! FREE VIP.

I am going to sponsor a 3 month VIP membership to two people:

1. The highest rated response
  2. The first person to point out what I personally think is the biggest flaw in this "theory".

(Yes, this is a completely biased contest that could be considered rigged... whoever plays their cards right the fastest could end up with a HUGE benefit from a free VIP membership!).

On the other hand, you also have a chance to blast a tank sized hole in the logic of whomever wrote this piece of garbage... I think we ALL win here!

WARNING!!!! This is a "Thinking Person's" contest! Ignorant, blind, bleating sheep need not apply!

Here's the email:

Have fun, and may the best and highest rated answer win!

Contest ends in 48 hours.

:tiphat:

The money ended up in the same place it started and not out in the economy.

This was sent to me via email. I get a LOT of these, obviously... I mean, over 35,000 people have my email address. :blink:

I almost responded... but then I thought it would be better if the level headed, intelligent members of DV took a crack at it!

I mean, let's be honest. I can say a lot, but as a group you can all say MUCH MORE. (That's the premise of VIP and getting a better rate to cash in, but I digress...)

So, let's have some fun with this!

Please read the following... and I implore you to find the one serious flaw in this email.

What's at stake?

A FREE VIP MEMBERSHIP FOR TWO PEOPLE.

Yep, that's right! FREE VIP.

I am going to sponsor a 3 month VIP membership to two people:

1. The highest rated response
  2. The first person to point out what I personally think is the biggest flaw in this "theory".

(Yes, this is a completely biased contest that could be considered rigged... whoever plays their cards right the fastest could end up with a HUGE benefit from a free VIP membership!).

On the other hand, you also have a chance to blast a tank sized hole in the logic of whomever wrote this piece of garbage... I think we ALL win here!

WARNING!!!! This is a "Thinking Person's" contest! Ignorant, blind, bleating sheep need not apply!

Here's the email:

Have fun, and may the best and highest rated answer win!

Contest ends in 48 hours.

:tiphat:

The co-op owner is paying off a personal debt with co-op money. The IRS will not allow that and his debt won't be wiped out. Probably penalties and interest will be added also. Poor dude!

MLL

First off, the place is a Hotel since it has an upstairs, thus more than one story and cannot be a motel. It says Hotel in the beginning, but the FIRST person to use the $100 was the motel owner. mellow.gif Probably just a typo, but if not, then motel owner would STILL owe the Hotel Operator $100, since he technically took it from him, and didn't personally return it.

Secondly, in this scenario, nobody was truly in debt to begin with... unsure.gif on each of their ledgers they would have $100 in Assets (money owed to them) and $100 Liability (money owed by them), a simple Accts Receivable = Accts Payable for each "business". So the stimulus only brought in cash flow, a way to clear the books of each business, but did nothing to stimulate the economy as there was no "real" money introduced to the town. Naming the Tourist our Government, the only goal was to "trick" the people into believing things were better, when in reality, nothing changed, everyone's income level remained the same and the Government left with all the $$.

Wow... that sounds eerily familiar! blink.gif

Besides the ridiculous name, Pumphandle, ND. Which is actually spelled separately, which makes it more ridiculous, Pump Handle, North Dakota. The fact that the matter is, no one gained anything. Much like the system of the stimulus package. Money is passed around to pay off debts but no one honestly makes back what is due.

• Upvote 1

It is all a dream..... A dream that someone from the outside would ever actually come in the middle of a failing situation that had no foundation and lay their hard earned cash down for a mere peak.... to be so vulnerable and unwise... a poverty dream that there is a magical way out of a lifestyle of poor decisions. Nobody could have ever continued to exist without actual cash value coming into the system somewhere.

well let me start by saying i wonder why a Motel owner would owe the butcher $100 if he doesnt serve food to his customers! also the prostitute payed her bill to the motel owner however when the traveler took back his $100 then that would make the motel owner still in the hole for $100 because the he didnt get to keep the money from the prostitute! There is a little confusion in the text as far as if he drives thru then he is not stopping, and is it a HOTEL or MOTEL beause that would justify the upstairs portion of the story!!!!! also as a side note most of the motels in the United States are owned and operated by people from the middle east so he should have DINAR either himself or someone in his family therefore he could make all the troubles in this little town go away when the RV happens!! :D

Just my Opinion..GO RV !!!!!! Im ready to get out this sand box and go home...lol

• Upvote 1

The traveller first off goes into a MOTEL

At the end of the whole town running around paying everyone else the $100 bill ends up being placed on the counter by a Hotel PROPRIETOR

The Hotel Proprietor has gone in to the MOTEL to pay his DEBT to the MOTEL Proprietor but the traveller believes that the $100 bill is what he placed on the counter in the first place.

It’s all about the juggling of words

Same as maths

3 blokes have a steak, bill comes to $30.

Each man pays $10, waitress rings in the amount finds they have been charged $5 more than should be.

She sticks $2 in her pocket goes back gives each man $1 each

Each man has paid $9

Waitress has $2

3 x $9 is $27 plus the $2 in her pocket equals $29

Where is the other dollar gone?

Now Adam give me that VIP mate

That dollar must be on my ship which has not come in! By the way the waitress and the prostitute both work "undercover" for the IRS so everybody gets @'43# but women rule.

I wish the stimulas plans played by our government worked as well. Think about it even though no money was kept all parties involved retired their debt even though none used any of their cash. With the government stimulas we've added almost 2 trillion dollars of debt (which the interest is now at 4 billion dollars a day) and with the exception of some unoins we realy don't have much to show for it. THAT'S SAD

Apart from the obvious typographical error in the use of the word hotel and then motel. The stimulus package only worked for the community that was in debt everyone was paid out from the $100 . However as the hotel owner had to give back the $100 to the traveller because he used money that was not his in the first place to get out of debt. At the end of the day he was still in debt/ the community was not, but he was still in the same position as when the traveller came to town because he uesd the money that was not his, and the rest of the community could not use the new money for anything that would stimulate their local economy because it only went to pay existing debt and not create any new ventures that in turn would truly bring about stimulus

I stimulas package depletes money from the government. The government just prints more money. In this scenario, the money is earned by the hotel by another person in the "paying" chain. The tourist is not out his money but the hotel didn't get his sale.