Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CONTEST TIME! "How a stimulus package works"

Adam Montana

The biggest flaw of this e-mail is equating the scenario with how a stimulus package works. The definition of a stimulus package is;

A package of economic measures put together by the government to stimulate a floundering economy. The objective of a stimulus package is to reinvigorate the economy and prevent or reverse a recession by boosting employment and spending. The theory behind the usefulness of a stimulus package is rooted in Keynesian economics, which argues that the impact of a recession can be lessened with increased government spending.

In this example, no one is reinvigorating the economy ~ the $100 bill is being used to pay off debt, it's not going back into the economy by means of purchasing goods or services. Of course, this affects the economy and employment. Businesses are unable to hire and unable to grow.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, as a matter of fact I was stimulated by the prostitute... stimulated by the thought of having a nice thick center cut butterfly chop... stimulated to know that I might even have a roof over my head when the sun goes down on this winter evening... stimulated to know that the town is still in business... stimulated to have a feel good feeling that I did right by each and every person that touched a $100.00 bill and stimulated that an RV just might put some money into all of our pockets and the Debt of this country will be cleaned up... Which came first the Chicken or the Egg? :blink: What goes around comes around...

Just imagine a poor person standing on the corner with one leg and a sign that says, "I'm on my last leg!"... hmmm :o

I believe the purpose of a stimulus IS to pay toward debt to free up personel cash flow

But, does it? In this example, it sure didn't!

Stimulus packages don't work, as intended, when the economy is bad ~ people have a tendency to either pay down debt or bank it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

But, does it? In this example, it sure didn't!

Everyone fulfilled agreements , although no growth occurd directly future profits would be free and clear (in this simple scenerio) perhaps the co-op man can pay cash next week! providing the hotel boards and the butcher,......... butchers???

Edited by estephan

I haven't read the other post, but I see it like this. I agree that the inn keeper(government) takes the money from prospective renter(tax payer) and pays off the towns debts( BOA,General motors, ect) and then when they pay it back (as in a stimulus), the inn keeper(government) keeps it. In a stimulus the money never makes it back to the prospective renter(tax payer).

The traveller first off goes into a MOTEL

At the end of the whole town running around paying everyone else the $100 bill ends up being placed on the counter by a Hotel PROPRIETOR

The Hotel Proprietor has gone in to the MOTEL to pay his DEBT to the MOTEL Proprietor but the traveller believes that the $100 bill is what he placed on the counter in the first place.

It’s all about the juggling of words

Same as maths

3 blokes have a steak, bill comes to $30.

Each man pays $10, waitress rings in the amount finds they have been charged $5 more than should be.

She sticks $2 in her pocket goes back gives each man $1 each

Each man has paid $9

Waitress has $2

3 x $9 is $27 plus the $2 in her pocket equals $29

Where is the other dollar gone?

Now Adam give me that VIP mate

Well, it's not plus $2.00 = 29, it's - $2.00 = 25 which is what the bill was. The blokes paid 27, the bill was 25 plus the 2 dollar tip is 27, that's what they paid, not $30.00

Now, I get that VIP for figuring out your riddle... LOL

Edited by Riverdawg