Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MY CONVERSATION WITH BB&T BANK

I have been looking for a bank to open an account that sells and exchanges dinar as I just found out recently that some bank are able to do this. When I heard the rumor of BB&T yesterday morning I decided to call a couple of local branches just to see what I could find out. I had 2 VERY interesting conversations. One with a currency exchange officer and one with a teller. Here is a short description of my phone call with the teller.

TELLER: Gm, BB&T

Me: Gm, does your bank sell Iraqi dinar?

TELLER: Ummm…..currency? yes we exchange currency…

ME: Iraqi Dinar?

TELLER: Umm…let me check….(several seconds)…I need to get with a supervisor and call you back.

(call back)

TELLER: I wanted to call and let you know that we received a corporate email stating, “effective immediately the bank will no longer sell Iraqi Dinar (she pronounced it “Dighner”).

ME: Really?? Do you know why?

TELLER: No they just said effectively immediately we can’t sell Iraqi Dinar Dinar (Dighner). But….(now heres the interesting part) …it does say you can exchange them back, BUT you are not gonna get an instant credit on your account. We have to send it off to corporate for approval.

ME: Approval?? What for?

TELLER: Well idk, they just have to make sure everything checks out. But you can exchange them you just won’t get credit on your account right away. It may take a while.

I found this conversation to be very interesting. Obviously the teller was clueless pronouncing it “Dighner” and was just relaying information. The very interesting part, is apparently the corporate email was very direct in regards to stopping the selling of IQD immediately. Why so sudden makes no sense at all to me. Why not send a corporate email to stop the selling in a week to give your customers a “heads up”???? Then the MOST INTERESTING PART IS: apparently this corporate email gave at least partial CASH IN instructions to relay to their employees, not sure if they were technically supposed to share that to the public. Nonetheless they did. BOTTOM LINE: THE CORPORATE EMAIL STATED TO STOP SELLING IQD IMMEDIATELY AND INSTRUCTED EMPLOYEES HOW A CASH IN WOULD BE PROCESSED.

This is my true life experience. To me it sounds like someone knows something. BB&T is the 10th largest holding company in the USA FYI. Thoughts?????????

Edited by FINANCEGUY
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

don't read to much into that statement. it could be interpreted by the teller to mean they will exchange your dinar at todays buy rate. which could be as low as 1150 to the usd.

The main thing that i find interesting is that the email included cash in intructions. the instructions sounded somewhat specific. may not be that significant. but i have a hunch that being this is the 10th largest holding group, that theres more than meet the eye. there usually is.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

don't read to much into that statement. it could be interpreted by the teller to mean they will exchange your dinar at todays buy rate. which could be as low as 1150 to the usd.

Yes that could be, But it could also mean that they are getting ready for RV and that the money has to be sent out to make sure it's not counterfit. Before they deposit millions into your account.

GO RV

God Bless Everyone

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Heres my dealings with my local 5th 3rd bank, yesterday and today.. The last part is kinda interesting also. ( i am in Florida)

My 5th/3rd bank called me yesterday to inform me that my order was in and could be picked up today. I ask her yesterday on phone if they were circulated or UN-circulated bills, she replied that she did not know because they are not allowed to open the packages until I ( the customer) is present.

I went to the bank this morning, the lady asked the manager to please get my order out of the managers vault. they brought it out, It was in a FED EX envelope. she opened it and counted it out to me. It was all Circulated Bills (25k Denom).

Another Interesting thing happened while I was at bank,

Last week, I asked both 5th/3rd bank and my personal bank (first america Bank) by the direction of my attorney, if they had an account where the FDIC has unlimited protection.. The answer from boths banks was NO.

However today while at 5th 3rd bank, the manager reconized me, and with a smile on her face showed me a flyer she received in a bank training, meeting yesterday that states:

EFFECTIVE 1-26-2011

All NON INTEREST bearing Checking Accounts of 5/3 Bank will have FULL FDIC INSURANCE to unlimited Amounts.

I Immiediately called my Bank( First America Bank) and asked them, I got the same reply from the Manager, That As of Today 1-26-2011 , All non interest bearing checking accounts will carry Unlimited proction by the FDIC.

Kinda weird how both different banks has same info starting the same day. Does anyone know anything about this??? Maybe something put out by the FDIC???

AJW

• Upvote 2

Heres my dealings with my local 5th 3rd bank, yesterday and today.. The last part is kinda interesting also. ( i am in Florida)

My 5th/3rd bank called me yesterday to inform me that my order was in and could be picked up today. I ask her yesterday on phone if they were circulated or UN-circulated bills, she replied that she did not know because they are not allowed to open the packages until I ( the customer) is present.

I went to the bank this morning, the lady asked the manager to please get my order out of the managers vault. they brought it out, It was in a FED EX envelope. she opened it and counted it out to me. It was all Circulated Bills (25k Denom).

Another Interesting thing happened while I was at bank,

Last week, I asked both 5th/3rd bank and my personal bank (first america Bank) by the direction of my attorney, if they had an account where the FDIC has unlimited protection.. The answer from boths banks was NO.

However today while at 5th 3rd bank, the manager reconized me, and with a smile on her face showed me a flyer she received in a bank training, meeting yesterday that states:

EFFECTIVE 1-26-2011

All NON INTEREST bearing Checking Accounts of 5/3 Bank will have FULL FDIC INSURANCE to unlimited Amounts.

I Immiediately called my Bank( First America Bank) and asked them, I got the same reply from the Manager, That As of Today 1-26-2011 , All non interest bearing checking accounts will carry Unlimited proction by the FDIC.

Kinda weird how both different banks has same info starting the same day. Does anyone know anything about this??? Maybe something put out by the FDIC???

AJW

Heres a link to address the FDIC change. this was planned. http://www.bankaholic.com/finance/fdic-offers-unlimited-coverage-for-non-interest-bearing-accounts-in-2011/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just got off the phone with the main Branch of BB&T . I was told that they aren't selling dinar at this time because they are 3 1/5 weeks back on orders they can't full fill at this time, due to lack of Iraq currency in the Federal Reserve, and Iraq is not shipping any currency to the US at this time. They will be selling Dinar when they can get caught up full filling they orders they all ready have , and get dinar in a descent time frame with out getting back lodged . wink.gifcool.gif I find this very Interesting myself rolleyes.gif

Interesting stuff.

As for the FDIC, as of 1-1-2011, banks can offer unlimited deposit protection on non interest bearing accounts only.

So it's been available, it was up to each bank to decide when and if they were to use it.

TPR

I can confirm PhantomRider on this. I actually read the announcement of this in November 2010 and then confirmed with our business's bank in December. They had offered unlimited FDIC coverage for low interest bearing checking accounts, but as of 1/1/11 the account needed to be totally non-interest bearing to receive this unlimited coverage. The purpose of this legislation was to reduce the unwarranted movement of money after the country's financial melt down. People were splitting their account balances among different banks to insure FDIC limits were not exceeded. It amounted to a run on the banks they were trying to calm.

Hunington Bank is also participating in the FDIC unlimited coverage for noninterest baring accounts. One their website it says that they are only insuring the unlimited amount from 1-01-11 until 12-31-12. I wonder why onliy 2 years? I'm not speculating just find it odd.

I find this very interesting since I just spoke with my BB&T bank and they have No knowledge of any corporate email. I spoke with the Bank manager and also a college friend who works in finance at the bank, both have had no corporate email received. They are not and have not selling/sold any Dinar. So i ask what institution did you call (BB&T Branch) as I would like to inform my friend about this corporate email.

I just got off the phone with the main Branch of BB&T . I was told that they aren't selling dinar at this time because they are 3 1/5 weeks back on orders they can't full fill at this time, due to lack of Iraq currency in the Federal Reserve, and Iraq is not shipping any currency to the US at this time. They will be selling Dinar when they can get caught up full filling they orders they all ready have , and get dinar in a descent time frame with out getting back lodged . wink.gifcool.gif I find this very Interesting myself rolleyes.gif

interesting... Interesting how the 5/3rd banks are having problems getting the orders, but DT is not only up to date on being able to ship within 24 hours, but also reduced his pricing. (Along with buy-back of un-ciruclated dinar).

Now, could Ali be reducing his pricing to draw in new customers who have accustomed using a 5/3rd bank for currency exchange???

A change/reduction in price could help him here by drawing more customers (not to mention, free advertising from those on the forums).

Or.. Maybe Ali went to Iraq, bought up a bunch of dinar, and now the 5/3rd banks can't even get supplied.

Who knows...

I bought some a week and a half ago, they just called me today to tell me it was in. This is a 5/3 in dayton ohio. they said it could take up to 2 weeks, they were right on the time. The last 2 times i have bought they told me the same thing and the time has been right on or under 2 weeks.

F35vtarPosted Today, 05:29 PM

I just called 1st National Bank in Omaha, Ne where I bank and they told me that I can purchase Dinar thur them for .001099 with no fee as long as I have an account with them

Interesting I am in sales and live in Omaha and handle this account I had no idea that they sold dinar we need to talk

Without seeming to be bashing this but please tell me how you got this

Then the MOST INTERESTING PART IS: apparently this corporate email gave at least partial CASH IN instructions to relay to their employees, not sure if they were technically supposed to share that to the public. Nonetheless they did. BOTTOM LINE: THE CORPORATE EMAIL STATED TO STOP SELLING IQD IMMEDIATELY AND INSTRUCTED EMPLOYEES HOW A CASH IN WOULD BE PROCESSED.

This is my true life experience. To me it sounds like someone knows something. BB&T is the 10th largest holding company in the USA FYI. Thoughts?????????

From this conversation, just cant see how this email was discussed within the conversation you had

TELLER: Umm…let me check….(several seconds)…I need to get with a supervisor and call you back.

(call back)

TELLER: I wanted to call and let you know that we received a corporate email stating, “effective immediately the bank will no longer sell Iraqi Dinar (she pronounced it “Dighner”).

TELLER: No they just said effectively immediately we can’t sell Iraqi Dinar Dinar (Dighner). But….(now heres the interesting part) …it does say you can exchange them back, BUT you are not gonna get an instant credit on your account. We have to send it off to corporate for approval.

TELLER: Well idk, they just have to make sure everything checks out. But you can exchange them you just won’t get credit on your account right away. It may take a while.

From this conversation, just cant see how this email was discussed within the conversation you had

• Upvote 1

I have been looking for a bank to open an account that sells and exchanges dinar as I just found out recently that some bank are able to do this. When I heard the rumor of BB&T yesterday morning I decided to call a couple of local branches just to see what I could find out. I had 2 VERY interesting conversations. One with a currency exchange officer and one with a teller. Here is a short description of my phone call with the teller.

(call back)

I found this conversation to be very interesting. Obviously the teller was clueless pronouncing it “Dighner” and was just relaying information. The very interesting part, is apparently the corporate email was very direct in regards to stopping the selling of IQD immediately. Why so sudden makes no sense at all to me. Why not send a corporate email to stop the selling in a week to give your customers a “heads up”???? Then the MOST INTERESTING PART IS: apparently this corporate email gave at least partial CASH IN instructions to relay to their employees, not sure if they were technically supposed to share that to the public. Nonetheless they did. BOTTOM LINE: THE CORPORATE EMAIL STATED TO STOP SELLING IQD IMMEDIATELY AND INSTRUCTED EMPLOYEES HOW A CASH IN WOULD BE PROCESSED.

I appreciate ya! Thanks! Hang tight! I's coming. I can feel it.

Thaks for the Post , and I just confirmed it wow wink.gif

Nice coming from you.

Edited by Slaydadea