Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

America-Why I love her - The Duke- John Wayne

Tiffany23

My two grandfathers, one American and one Irish, my father and myself all have the same favorite Actor...can you guess who? When I was growing up, this song was played at all of the Rodeos in Montana and Wyoming when the Colors were presented. To this day, it still brings a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye...I hope you all enjoy it as much as I. :)
  • Upvote 8

I love all the John Wayne YouTube stories. The Flag and Taps are awesome as well. Every 4th of July they play all of his stories while the fireworks are going off. It gives me chills every time.

When I was pregnant with my 3rd child I told my other children they could choose the name. They chose John Wayne if it was a boy. Well it was but I told them that a name like that would be impossible to live up to, so they named him Chisum, after their favorite John Wayne movie :D

GP,

I often heard the same thing. I always wondered why. Perhaps it is because in most of his Western films he fought against the Native Americans, but from the one's I've seen (which I think is 99.9% of them), he always treated them with respect. I found this clip that may provide some additional insight:

Edited by Tiffany23
  • Upvote 1

Thank you Tiff, his Patriotic Endeavors have always touched our hearts.

John Wayne a true and Genuine American!

God Bless America!smile.gif

It is certain, he lifts the heart of every American just as this does!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=quZTdeUgiV8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I loved that video clip!

It gave me the chills!

I love my country!

Edited by Capital stack

Tiff,I'm a big John Wayne fan,and grew up believing him to be what a "real" man was/is. Of all of his great movies my personal favorites are "Big Jake" & "The Man who shot Liberty Valance".............Thanks for the post!!!!..........................GO RV 2011 BABY!!!!!

• Upvote 1