Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama Talking about IRAQ

why dont you try doing a search.. these topics have been discussed time and time again!!! obviously its a good thing!! (no news is bad news)

look man/woman - i really am not a guru or political mind. I am asking what the "smarter" people thought about the speech. not you. if anyone else had a legitimate perspective on it I would love to hear it!

go rv!!

• Upvote 4

Look to Iraq, where nearly 100,000 of our brave men and women have left with their heads held high; where American combat patrols have ended; violence has come down; and a new government has been formed. This year, our civilians will forge a lasting partnership with the Iraqi people, while we finish the job of bringing our troops out of Iraq. America's commitment has been kept; the Iraq War is coming to an end.

This was his comment on Iraq. I like the part about "our civilians will forge a lasting partnership with Iraq". That is a huge statement IMO.

Edited by tjmunson
  • Upvote 5

This is the quote from his speech, not to mention I heard it with my own two ears. Very excited. Go RV

Look to Iraq, where nearly 100,000 of our brave men and women have left with their heads held high; where American combat patrols have ended; violence has come down; and a new government has been formed. This year, our civilians will forge a lasting partnership with the Iraqi people, while we finish the job of bringing our troops out of Iraq. America's commitment has been kept; the Iraq War is coming to an end.

• Upvote 2

This is the quote from his speech, not to mention I heard it with my own two ears. Very excited. Go RV

Yep, thats what the man said alright.

I TRULY WHOLE HEARTED BELIEVE THAT HE DOES NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT THE DINAR. :( PLEASE GO RV!!!!!

oh he knows alright and he is waiting for the RV to happen so he can claim full responsibility for the war paying for itself when we all know he had noting at all to do with it... just like he has claimed tonight all of his new ideas... strange thing is the libs where bashing the conservatives for having ones that sounded eerily similar just a few weeks ago... hmmmmbiggrin.gif

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

look man/woman - i really am not a guru or political mind. I am asking what the "smarter" people thought about the speech. not you. if anyone else had a legitimate perspective on it I would love to hear it!

go rv!!

Now looks whose being rude. The original post is in the wrong section anyways. I actually saw nothing rude about philly just them saying to try a search and maybe youll get a legiitiate answer and much quicker at that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

He also has stated change for the better, the recession being over and that he was a natural born citizen of this country. When news report after news report saying that the cabinets aren't filled then the govt isn't formed in Iraq. It has been "voted" on and is forming but forming isn't a good speech text. Will it happen yes will it happen soon who knows. I hope so but I put no faith in our Govt.

• Upvote 1

I saw another comment saying that Obama MUST know something we do not know about the GOI, or otherwise he would never have been stupid enough to actually say the GOI was formed. YES, he would be that stupid. He regularly says all kinds of things that are not true and there is no one in the MSM that checks him on any facts (which are few) or falsehoods (which are many)!!! This is my HUMBLE opinion ... LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

oh he knows alright and he is waiting for the RV to happen so he can claim full responsibility for the war paying for itself when we all know he had noting at all to do with it... just like he has claimed tonight all of his new ideas... strange thing is the libs where bashing the conservatives for having ones that sounded eerily similar just a few weeks ago... hmmmmbiggrin.gif

Why would a Democrat want to claim responsibility for anything regarding an invasion of a country that was not a threat (even Bush has admitted this), thousands of soldiers killed and maimed, countless civilians killed, millions of refugees fleeing the country, trillions of dollars spent when we are going broke......and now you say President Obama wants to say he is responsible for paying for it. I don't think so.

You need to get your hatred out of the way so you can grasp some logic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

IMHO,

The SOTU was well spoken. It was eloquent and filled with the 'hope, and ambition' that serenaded a torn nation with a wounded spirit and jaded conscience. Much like a patriarchal figure who soothes a younger sibling that everything is going to be okay. Then comes the wind up, "the world has changed and the rules hve changed". The pitch, "We have to out build, out teach, and out produce"... the world? That may be a bridge too far but okay... While Mr. President gave us a lovely lullaby he forgot to mention on how we're going to pay for it? :blink: Take the Healthcare issue. If Health Care is 'double tapping' already active policies, THOSE policies should be removed from one or the other, which ever is to the lesser benefit of the nation. Sputnik.... Sputnik.... to praise a former communist regime for beating us into space during the SOTU probably wasn't the brightest moment. Going green and realigning banking policies and bussiness reforms, cutting government spending all sound good but where's the money now and where is it going? Oh and the experssion from the Joint Chiefs when he mentioned DADT, priceless. Personally, I was watching the two people behind him. VP Biden and Mr. John Boehner. While one was almost sychophantic in nature, the other couldn't have been less engaged during the speech. Civility, my backside. So rather than give the impression that the nation is engaged and moving forward, these two show indications of being paradoxically opposed to each other. So much for change. How about Capitol Hill figure out what the new rules are and how to play by them and then we, the American people, will make our way from there. Here we go again....

• Upvote 2