Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wow! Phone call from Bank. No speculation just what happened.

jte70

Yesterday a friend of mine told me our bank will no longer sell VND. I just got an unsolicited phone call from the same bank telling me that they will no longer be able to sell IQD. Now, I think it's a cover-your-butt thing because they said that they didn't want to be involved in what may be a scam or unsafe investment. I thanked them very much for the call - HMM. Anyone else getting word like this?

I'm not saying anything about what it means. It is not "news," but isn't "rumor" either so I put the topic in the rumors section.

Edited by jte70
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

My local bank stopped selling IQD as of 10:30am yesterday. They are giving absolutely no explainations as to why. This was BB&T in Tennessee and Alabama, they said that Regions Bank has quit selling them as well. The only bank I know of that is still selling is 5th 3rd In Murfreesboro, Tn. I called yesterday and they said they are still selling but you have to open an account with them in order to purchase IQD....don't know if this means anything or not but IMO, they would need to cut off purchases at least a day before the RV, maybe?

My local bank stopped selling IQD as of 10:30am yesterday. They are giving absolutely no explainations as to why. This was BB&T in Tennessee and Alabama, they said that Regions Bank has quit selling them as well. The only bank I know of that is still selling is 5th 3rd In Murfreesboro, Tn. I called yesterday and they said they are still selling but you have to open an account with them in order to purchase IQD....don't know if this means anything or not but IMO, they would need to cut off purchases at least a day before the RV, maybe?

The deal with 5th/3rd in TN sounds like here in Michigan. The Lansing area banks as of yesterday were still selling IQD, even to non-account holders....while banks in say Howell area were requiring to have an account...while a couple FLA 5th/3rd banks that family members went to were no longer selling IQD, and no explanation.

CAPITAL ONE BANK IS SELLING THEM LIKE ITS POPCORN .. WHY SHOULD IRAQ RV HECK THEY ARE MAKING MONEY LIKE CRAZY BY SELLING DINARS:lol: :lol:

• Upvote 4

Interesting......mind stating the bank?

I agree....bank, in what city, state and a phone number wowuld be nice. Thank you B) I'll be happy to make a call.

The deal with 5th/3rd in TN sounds like here in Michigan. The Lansing area banks as of yesterday were still selling IQD, even to non-account holders....while banks in say Howell area were requiring to have an account...while a couple FLA 5th/3rd banks that family members went to were no longer selling IQD, and no explanation.

It's probably just a matter of supply and demand vs their business model....is it worth it for them from a profit margin standpoint. It would make sense that smaller market banks to quit or never start because they just don't think they make enough profit to justify the work......visa versa, big market banks may find the profit sufficient to warrant the effort? JMO B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm sorry, but I have never had an unsolicited phone call from my bank about anything and I have been with them for 15 yrs now. I find it difficult to believe. Sorry.

Its not unheard of. I have had it happen twice. With two different banks. One bank was BBVA Compass Bank and the other was Suntrust. This is was years ago though....

I'm sorry, but I have never had an unsolicited phone call from my bank about anything and I have been with them for 15 yrs now. I find it difficult to believe. Sorry.

I don't know about the original poster, but my info did not come as a result of a call from the bank. My brother-in-law went to pick up his latest order of IQD and was told by the teller we usually deal with that they were told as of yesterday they were not to sell any more. Here is the address and phone number, please feel free to call and confirm.

BB&T Branches Cool Springs

(615) 771-4809

1175 Meridian Blvd

Franklin, TN 37067

• Upvote 1

Do you think it could have anything to do with the "don't take dinar out of Iraq" embargo thing that Iraq instituted? (or whomever instituted it?

It's possible, but BB&T was getting ours from the Federal Reserve in NY. We go in, purchase say $1000.00 worth of IQD, they send the order off to the Federal Reserve and the IQD came in about 2 weeks later. So, unless the Federal Reserve ran out of IQD, I doubt that the embargo would have any effect on the bank not selling them anymore.

Likely story banks would make an out bound call other than to collect money gfto

Right well since you just got here, you'd really know that I don't spread lies.

If I wanted to make up a lie, I'd be a bit more outrageous than that.

I'm probably one of three people where I live who has bought dinar from that bank. It's a regional small town bank in N. Florida which does its business based on relationships and reputation. I know the person who called me but I still think it was a CYA maneuver.

Don't believe it, but I don't much appreciate being called a liar by a bunch of total strangers.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Right well since you just got here, you'd really know that I don't spread lies.

If I wanted to make up a lie, I'd be a bit more outrageous than that.

I'm probably one of three people where I live who has bought dinar from that bank. It's a regional small town bank in N. Florida which does its business based on relationships and reputation. I know the person who called me but I still think it was a CYA maneuver.

Don't believe it, but I don't much appreciate being called a liar by a bunch of total strangers.

We have smaller banks here (TN) selling too. Wilson Bank and Trust, Mount Juliet, TN is selling like crazy. I wish everyone luck...whether buying or selling...

• Upvote 1

You want me to give out my location? No thanks. I've been posting here for months and I get flamed. Sorry, this is my last post. All I did was offer some interesting information and ask if anyone else had gotten similar information. As stated above it's a small bank but sorry ******, figure it out for yourself.

Edited by pleasantvalleySunday
expicative deleted and he has another chance :)
  • Upvote 3

We have smaller banks here (TN) selling too. Wilson Bank and Trust, Mount Juliet, TN is selling like crazy. I wish everyone luck...whether buying or selling...

WBT is selling too??? I had no idea! We used to live in Mt.Juliet :) I wonder if the WBT branch in the Boro is selling them too? Guess I will be making a call in the morning.

Yesterday a friend of mine told me our bank will no longer sell VND. I just got an unsolicited phone call from the same bank telling me that they will no longer be able to sell IQD. Now, I think it's a cover-your-butt thing because they said that they didn't want to be involved in what may be a scam or unsafe investment. I thanked them very much for the call - HMM. Anyone else getting word like this?

I'm not saying anything about what it means. It is not "news," but isn't "rumor" either so I put the topic in the rumors section.

"I just got an unsolicited phone call from the same bank telling me that they will no longer be able to sell IQD

Read more: I'm so sure the bank is making unsolicited phone call about the dinar. Come on Really?

Edited by whodat1

It is a fact that sooner or later CBI will be gathering up the 0000s and at the least not keep letting them out of Iraq, as I believe is happening now. Slowly putting on the brakes.

On another point, most of these 'brokers' are having to buy the dinars from coyotes in Jordan and such. It is also a fact that there were at least 2-3 bank robberies at Iraq where around 800 millions of dinars were stolen, most probably by subversive groups looking to fund their activities and are scalping those same dinars in Jordan. Very possible that the flow has been slowed by powers that be to make these insurgent incomes a bit harder to come by, reflected in the lack of supply here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You want me to give out my location? No thanks. I've been posting here for months and I get flamed. Sorry, this is my last post. All I did was offer some interesting information and ask if anyone else had gotten similar information. As stated above it's a small bank but sorry *******, figure it out for yourself.

Please don't let the "bad apples" spoil this for you ... and please do not use language that is not fit to use in front of your grandmother!

pvS

• Upvote 5

SonOfAtomicVet:

I, also, have never been called by my bank (wait a minute - I was overdrawn a few years back, and I believe they called) - but I have never been called by an Attorney like Athena was, not do I have any high level sources that I can tell you about (I'd have to kill you if I told you) to quote. (My dog does really jump high, though!) Maybe I'll be able to quote what he is telling me about the RV.

I would love to see the number of Dinar being sold through all the dealers (I am guessing there is a real spike in volume from November through January), with all of this "churning of information". I have only been listening for the last 3 months, and it really seems to be at a crescendo! Lots of Dinar on reserves expiring! Maybe that what all the information churning is about.

Hope and pray that Iraq gets their democracy together and brings prosperity to its people!