Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New members - how long until they can post?

Adam Montana

How long should a new member wait to post?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a waiting period:

• 24 hours (1 day)
    • 72 hours (3 days)
    • 168 HOURS (1 Week)

You should figure that anyone who is looking to become a productive member of this site would sit back and research and read a bit before they start a post. Sure you can respond to existing posts but if you really want to be informed, sit and wait a bit.

Maybe you should start a "Newbie Questions Area" with easy to attach links to selections that would give them the answers....

I don't know, I try to treat "innocent" newbies with some restraint, not jump on simple questions, but newbies that post as know it alls right out of the gate are suspect...

TPR

Thank you TPR! I appreciate you since you actually came to my rescue when I tried to ask an innocent question as a newbie!

I don't think it would be a big problem to wait a few days before a newbie can post, but I will say that I had been reading these forums for quite sometime before I even joined. It seems to me that people probably do the same unless they are actually coming in here to start a ruckus!

Hi everyone, I think three days is good but that won't stop people from slamming each other. I think everybody should have at least one chance, and if they keep slamming everybody then bar them. Granted they can start a new identity but they'll show they're true colors soon enough.

A lot of people try to bring info that they think is good granted it might be a double post or shady info , but they are wishing and praying it happens just like all of the rest of us.

There is no real "correct" answer. Some posters who join and post right away are great contributors, while others may have been a member for several months, become disgruntled and create site issues. I feel the Mods have been doing a great job, so this should be an issue for them to discuss.

JMHO, pp

• Upvote 2

Sometimes I feel like a child and that my 7 brothers and sisters are all fighting. I keep waiting for my father to come into the room and take control! Adam, please take control of all those that just hate, bash, ridicule, and embarrass others, as well as those that continurally post blatant lies. This should be a forum for as much truth as we can get. I may not be able to be a part of this much longer, I log in because I want to read the latest developments,, not the latest fantasy, or lie. or basher...I would rather read that there is NO news yet, then read garbage....And, if a newbie has something intellegent to say, let them post right away. Maybe, just maybe, they may have a bit of info that we dont...

I don't know if a time is really appropriate I think a positive reputation is more in the realm of determining the good from the bad, so I agree on them posting but not starting a new topic there are plenty of questions already that people can find their answers I agree with the positive reputation portion of it. I think the reputation should be sat at +25 and then you can start your own topic... not too hard to reach that goal and when a user drops below that after passing it they should be placed on the naughty list and not able to post till they are back above that... it would save a lot of heart ache and keep negative attitudes out of these forums...

just a thought because we have a lot of negative newbies and a lot of negative vets out there who should be kept in check I think this is a great way of doing just that

by the way how can someone be called a VET if they haven't even went through basic training just saying... thanks again adam and it is good to see that you are taking up our concerns

Edited by Soldiering4U
  • Upvote 2

I voted three days. However, I would find it best if we were able to reduce creating new topics until a certain post-count had been hit. Like, 20 post would be maybe within reason.

I am not sure if the forum-based app allows for such a situation.

Other solutions: Create a newbies section a newb is allowed to post in up until a certain time-frame or post count

You may not wish to scare away potential contributors, but you also may want to find a way to thin out the one's causing a ruckus.

I have been a member for a while. I rarely post and have only contributed a couple of news articles. And then, only after searching to see if the article was already posted. I do however, read and read and read. Many times I notice that new posts are added on the same article it doesn't appear as if newbies or whomever is posting actually reads what is on the site already. I like the FAQ for newbies. Tori

Keep in mind that many members only join to ask a question,

but I also want to keep in mind that many members join just to

harass people.

DinarVets.com has long been and will probably always be the

most popular, most visited, most respected, and most searched

Dinar Forum on the internet. It is only natural that we get the most troublemakers!

With that in mind, how long should someone have to wait to be

able to post and throw those red or green rocks?

Thanks for the feedback, all... and thank you for understanding

that an innocent new member shouldn't be punished for the

intentions of a not-so-innocent new member!

- Adam

Keep in mind that many members only join to ask a question,

but I also want to keep in mind that many members join just to

harass people.

DinarVets.com has long been and will probably always be the

most popular, most visited, most respected, and most searched

Dinar Forum on the internet. It is only natural that we get the most troublemakers!

With that in mind, how long should someone have to wait to be

able to post and throw those red or green rocks?

Thanks for the feedback, all... and thank you for understanding

that an innocent new member shouldn't be punished for the

intentions of a not-so-innocent new member!

- Adam

I'm thinking 3 weeks.......Then they should be required to pass a quiz

:lol: :lol: on passing the quiz. How many of us could? :lol:

Difficult question IMO.

Some people are maybe used to other forums, where they can speak as they wish. I just don't know. Time as a limit, could be a good thing or a bad thing. I cant give a time.

Maybe we should, instead come up with some guidelines to help those that have yet to make their first post, as well as some guidelines, for those of us that have been here a while.

For those of us that that have been here a while I would say, don't be so quick to jump on a new poster, some times they just don't know better, but we do. Be nice, and keep your comments polite. We were all new here at some point in time. Remember that.

Also remember that just because they have not made many posts, does not mean they lack knowledge about our investment.

For those that come here to harass, I say get out the ban hammer. For everyone else, the welcome sign.

JMO

Dave

• Upvote 1

Adam... thanks for all you do. I am glad this is a concern of yours and you see the trend. I know that I have reduced my posts and threads substantially. Maybe that's a good thing for everybody :D who knows. Anyway...we had a bad batch of inconsiderate people that were of the mindset they would make a quick buck and instead just made pot shots. I didn't get a lot, but I saw others I respected that got hit by the drive-by'ers.

Can I make a couple suggestions? Consider limiting or capping the red rocks to say 3 or 5 on any post or thread. Perhaps even getting rid of the red ones altogether? It may diffuse the "blood in the water" shark mentality. Also.. I think a lot of the Drive-by'ers were many of the meatheads that defected and came back through other names to cause trouble. Can the mods cross reference and trace some of the bad ones through their email address and just ban that email address completely?

Enjoy your site... thanks

I say they/we shouldn't have to wait at all. That's why you pay.......bought the right to read and post. I know.........charge 49.99 to join.......for another 9.99 you get to post!!!!!!

Two levels of VIP.......one' s with a voice and one's without a voice.

To recap: No time limit, IMHO!

How many have come in here to disrupt with rumors of late. We see them everytime. All experienced can shoot it down point blank. Im not a big time player, as a matter of fact I deal with people every day that could be considered "customers". Most of them are LIARS !! They are dishonest and will voluntarily bear false witness in the midst of there own children then boast of that conquest against the very institution that would even attempt to help them to be respectable. Those Institutions are the STORES that bring us goods and services. If the element persist, We will fail.

• Upvote 1

I say they/we shouldn't have to wait at all. That's why you pay.......bought the right to read and post. I know.........charge 49.99 to join.......for another 9.99 you get to post!!!!!!

Two levels of VIP.......one' s with a voice and one's without a voice.

To recap: No time limit, IMHO!

I believe the paying VIP'ers shouldn't have to wait.

But I think the regular non paying ones should. I am sure some join for legit reasons but I believe some join up just to start false rumors and mislead others.

I think some join up and ask questions that the very answer to that very same question is just 3 post's below. :blink:

I think 3 days, that will keep them from getting on and bashing or throwing stupid comments in the heat of the moment. If they have a legit question or opinion they will still be interested in 3 days. If it is just a waste of time, they will have forgot about it by the 3 days. JMO

I'm considered a NEWBIE myself and I've been a member since Nov., That having been said....I feel a message should be sent to each person signing up that states, That they should read all post, and listen to all messages and then feel free to ask their questions and post. Explain to them upfront, what should be common sense: That there are thousands of folks on this site and if the same questions are ask over and over it just takes up time from the important issues. Just my thoughts!!!!

Question for Senior members,Junior members,or who ever, If you were a "Newbie" now, how long would it take you to post?

Considering what I know now I would get a VIP right off the bat and not worry about it... I would not "Post" till I had exhausted all of my efforts in finding answers to my questions... and if I could not find an answer I would probably ask one of the mods in a PM or righting on their wall... they are real good about answering those...

And since I just got bashed on yesterday by a negative newbie I still stand firm on my aforementioned statement of it being on a rating system as apposed to a standard date or time... I love everyone but their is always one in the crowd that farts and makes everyone stinkbiggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

Soldering4u,

That was an excellent reply! I aslo joined the VIP right away,watched the videos,researched,read quite a few posts in Dinarvets. It is all very informative, sometimes even funny (not always lol).It has been a fun ride so far & hopefully it will be till the end. GO RV