Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The IQD, which has been static on ForEx, miraculously went live today

davidsto

It appears to me that its doing like it has since it appeared, somedays it updates about all day sometimes 10 minutes. I don't believe there is anything different. I check Forex, XE, and the CBI daily, since those are the ones that matter. I better end this with," This is in my opinion." JJ

While it remains frozen on forex when comparing to the USD the IQD does appear to be moving when you pair it with the EUR. If you click "Live Currency Rates" and then choose the pull down menu and select Euro/Middle East you get:

http://www.fxstreet.com/rates-charts/currency-rates/?id=euro6%3beuraed%3beurbhd%3beurils%3beurirr%3beurkwd%3beurlbp%3beursar%3beuriqd%3beuryer%3beurpkr

But then, what do I know. It's my first post.

Prior to the markets closing on Friday night, the IQD was live streaming. The eastern markets have been open for about 4 hours now and the IQD along with several other currencies, including Chin, are still showing the close of business rate.

Looks like we will not really know if it is still in real time or not until all markets have opened.

I was referring to netdania. If you look on fxstreet.com and click on live charts, it coms up as 'no data available'.

i am not trying to be a negative nelly, but this means nothing

Sonny, always appreciate what you bring.

Can you tell me why you think this is nothing?

The IQD pairings never updated but once or twice a day, now all of the sudden they are updating like the majors???

You dont find any significance in that??

Why would Forex track a worthless currency (that isnt even tradeable) like this?

Is there another example of a currency tracked live, that is untradeable and virtually worthless??

Just looking for your insight.....

B)

• Upvote 1

I copied this from another site. Please read and lets talk about the implications together. Thanks

A unique occurrence happened today. The IQD, which has been static on ForEx, miraculously went live today. This means it is being traded internationally by ForEx houses across the world. Rather than being updated at the static rate of 1170:$1, it is updating every few seconds, just like every other currency, meaning it is being traded live. Here is a link to one of the major ForEx trading charts, make sure you click on the refresh button, if your browser does not update it automatically.

http://www.forex.tradingcharts.com/quotes/index.php?sym=usdiqd&Submit=Go&tz=GMT

This means either one of two things, to me. Medic, Frank, Nighthawk and all the other “educated” (I use that term loosely) dinar people were shocked by this occurrence, it was unexpected. They believe that the RV, thus, is imminent because banks are trading their stocks of dinar now (removing 3 0′s, as they get back to Iraq). It implies that the ForEx people know something we don’t know. The other option is one that is not popular (in fact, I’m the only one who’s ever had this opinion), that the IQD could be placed on ForEx and allow the market to drive up the rate (removing 3 0′s as it gets back to Iraq). While this is a possibility, I do not think it would be Iraq’s interest to do so, because without an ERM (which requires a declared international value) in place, the rate can skyrocket (or nosedive) on a day to day basis, similar to what happened with the Kuwaiti dinar. It is in Iraq’s best interest to set the rate (at whatever they will) and allow the ERM to pure float the dinar at the ceiling/floor thresholds (for most currencies this is 4% either way, up or down, in a 24 hour period of trading.)

Either way, the rate will go up exponentially based on the speculation. For any of this to occur, to me, precludes that the CBI has stopped auctioning the dinar (i.e., dirty floating the rate at 1170) and has allowed the dinar to go to a pure float, or will in the immediate future. I am eager to see what the CBI does when it opens on Sunday. It would, to me, imply an RV this weekend, again no one knows for sure, but what is the logical conclusion of allowing the dinar to trade freely? To me, this means the ForEx houses are anticipating the dinar to be traded internationally by people like you and me, and they are currency swapping on these small pips in that anticipation. This could also be a tactic of the CBI to further remove the large denoms in a staged manner — still meaning an RV is nearly upon us. This is not something the CBI could allow for months, not even weeks, maybe a matter of days. The value of the dinar could not be kept under with a pure float, and it costs Iraq too much to purchase the dinar back under a dirty float — they lose thousands of dollars at every auction by keeping the dinar “stable” at 1170:$1. So with a free-for-all in the ForEx houses, Iraq could virtually lose control of the dinar’s value in a matter of days, without declaring a value and an ERM. Further logical assumption that they plan to RV, not allow the currency to be completely market driven, unless, of course, they declare the value at 1170 — which every article from the Ministry of Finance said would be absurd, requiring at least a 1:1 exchange (we get a buck for every dinar, in other words.)

Concerning the GOI, the budget is moot at this point. The government is more concerned that the people are beginning to riot, there is an increase in violence, bombings, bloodshed, that Sadr will not be able to hold back. Parliament stripped certain powers from Maliki today, namely his ability to name the security people, and it appears that Parliament now has control over this. Barzani, the President of Kurdistan, is in Baghdad to oversee the security situation — to me, a huge slap in the face for Maliki. This was at the request of Joe Biden. We have seen two articles that Parliament is calling an emergency session to address this. However, it doesn’t say when. We assume either Saturday or Sunday. To me, one of two things will happen: one, the Parliament will overrule Maliki and place the security positions themselves (thereby stripping Maliki of most of his powers and making him a political figurehead, a “scapegoat”) or two, they will vote “no confidence” in Maliki and throw him out entirely. Allawi has said if that was to occur, he will leave the vast majority of the cabinet in place and will have his government seated in 24-28 hours. According to his website, his first order of business before anything else is to revalue the Iraqi dinar and begin reconstruction. They are attempting to head off a coup here.

If they do not call an emergency session, then they will meet at their regular schedule on January 30, and we will see what might happen.

No matter what happens, I maintain an RV will occur by January 31, if not sooner. Remember, Baghdad is hosting the Arab Summit which begins March 2. To go into February without security, without an RV, without even the basics for their people is the height of stupidity, and if there is no civil war, the people of Iraq deserve what happens to them. Personally, I think we’ll see Sadr’s group hang the “ten people” in the street. But we pray this does not occur, and it doesn’t have to, as long as the ten people do their duty before the 30 million.

Seems Static to me???

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

davidsto - what's the difference between a dirty floating rate and a pure rate? did not understand that part

Hi sage449! im not an expert but this is what i found:

dirty float DefinitionFloating currency exchange rate system which is not controlled entirely by the market forces of demand and supply. Instead, it is at least partially controlled by government intervention that limits appreciation or depreciation of the currency within a range. Also called managed float.

floating exchange rate DefinitionSystem in which a currency's value is determined solely by the interplay of the market forces of demand and supply (which, in turn, is determined by the soundness of a country's basic economic position), instead of by government intervention. However, all central banks do try to defend these rates within a certain range by buying or selling their country's currency as the situation warrants.

I copied this from another site. Please read and lets talk about the implications together. Thanks

A unique occurrence happened today. The IQD, which has been static on ForEx, miraculously went live today. This means it is being traded internationally by ForEx houses across the world. Rather than being updated at the static rate of 1170:$1, it is updating every few seconds, just like every other currency, meaning it is being traded live. Here is a link to one of the major ForEx trading charts, make sure you click on the refresh button, if your browser does not update it automatically.

http://www.forex.tradingcharts.com/quotes/index.php?sym=usdiqd&Submit=Go&tz=GMT

This means either one of two things, to me. Medic, Frank, Nighthawk and all the other “educated” (I use that term loosely) dinar people were shocked by this occurrence, it was unexpected. They believe that the RV, thus, is imminent because banks are trading their stocks of dinar now (removing 3 0′s, as they get back to Iraq). It implies that the ForEx people know something we don’t know. The other option is one that is not popular (in fact, I’m the only one who’s ever had this opinion), that the IQD could be placed on ForEx and allow the market to drive up the rate (removing 3 0′s as it gets back to Iraq). While this is a possibility, I do not think it would be Iraq’s interest to do so, because without an ERM (which requires a declared international value) in place, the rate can skyrocket (or nosedive) on a day to day basis, similar to what happened with the Kuwaiti dinar. It is in Iraq’s best interest to set the rate (at whatever they will) and allow the ERM to pure float the dinar at the ceiling/floor thresholds (for most currencies this is 4% either way, up or down, in a 24 hour period of trading.)

Either way, the rate will go up exponentially based on the speculation. For any of this to occur, to me, precludes that the CBI has stopped auctioning the dinar (i.e., dirty floating the rate at 1170) and has allowed the dinar to go to a pure float, or will in the immediate future. I am eager to see what the CBI does when it opens on Sunday. It would, to me, imply an RV this weekend, again no one knows for sure, but what is the logical conclusion of allowing the dinar to trade freely? To me, this means the ForEx houses are anticipating the dinar to be traded internationally by people like you and me, and they are currency swapping on these small pips in that anticipation. This could also be a tactic of the CBI to further remove the large denoms in a staged manner — still meaning an RV is nearly upon us. This is not something the CBI could allow for months, not even weeks, maybe a matter of days. The value of the dinar could not be kept under with a pure float, and it costs Iraq too much to purchase the dinar back under a dirty float — they lose thousands of dollars at every auction by keeping the dinar “stable” at 1170:$1. So with a free-for-all in the ForEx houses, Iraq could virtually lose control of the dinar’s value in a matter of days, without declaring a value and an ERM. Further logical assumption that they plan to RV, not allow the currency to be completely market driven, unless, of course, they declare the value at 1170 — which every article from the Ministry of Finance said would be absurd, requiring at least a 1:1 exchange (we get a buck for every dinar, in other words.)

Concerning the GOI, the budget is moot at this point. The government is more concerned that the people are beginning to riot, there is an increase in violence, bombings, bloodshed, that Sadr will not be able to hold back. Parliament stripped certain powers from Maliki today, namely his ability to name the security people, and it appears that Parliament now has control over this. Barzani, the President of Kurdistan, is in Baghdad to oversee the security situation — to me, a huge slap in the face for Maliki. This was at the request of Joe Biden. We have seen two articles that Parliament is calling an emergency session to address this. However, it doesn’t say when. We assume either Saturday or Sunday. To me, one of two things will happen: one, the Parliament will overrule Maliki and place the security positions themselves (thereby stripping Maliki of most of his powers and making him a political figurehead, a “scapegoat”) or two, they will vote “no confidence” in Maliki and throw him out entirely. Allawi has said if that was to occur, he will leave the vast majority of the cabinet in place and will have his government seated in 24-28 hours. According to his website, his first order of business before anything else is to revalue the Iraqi dinar and begin reconstruction. They are attempting to head off a coup here.

If they do not call an emergency session, then they will meet at their regular schedule on January 30, and we will see what might happen.

No matter what happens, I maintain an RV will occur by January 31, if not sooner. Remember, Baghdad is hosting the Arab Summit which begins March 2. To go into February without security, without an RV, without even the basics for their people is the height of stupidity, and if there is no civil war, the people of Iraq deserve what happens to them. Personally, I think we’ll see Sadr’s group hang the “ten people” in the street. But we pray this does not occur, and it doesn’t have to, as long as the ten people do their duty before the 30 million.

it's work now check it out http://www.forex.tradingcharts.com/quotes/index.php?sym=usdiqd&Submit=Go&tz=GMT

The IQD is indeed not static and it is listed (although not traded from what I can find) on certain forex platforms. I have included a link below that shows the activity on the dinar and if you go to the "Daily" chart and zoom in, you can see that the activity really started around 1/9/11. To me, and this is all conjecture, the activity is a precursor to something happening and none of us knows what that something may look like. No matter who says they know, or that they heard something from a cousin's barber who heard it from his sister-in-law who works at the bank, nobody knows when or how. We need to be patient because, whether it is a market driven RV or a forced RV, it will happen. Some of the rumors are fun to read though.

Two things we do know;

1. There is an increasing amount of activity surrounding the IQD and international awareness as represented by things like mis-posted IQD rates and forex activity. (See the chart via the link below)

2. Iraq appears to be trying to contain their currency through increased buy backs and constricted ability to take currency out of the country. Look at some of Doc's recent posts (thank you Doc) over the last week for the buy back levels and we have all heard the rumors surrounding limitations on taking money out of the country although that still seems relatively lax. I would be interested to know if anyone has had trouble taking dinar out recently.

This is all JMHO and my own two cents.

http://www.forexpros.com/currencies/usd-iqd-advanced-chart

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

WHATTA LOTTA CRAP... the IQD is not trading on Forex, and won't even after it RV's.

Whoever wrote the article at the start of this thread is ill informed... totally. Just another nutter who likes seeing his crap rumors answered to on the internet... a legend in his own mind.

Regarding jpphilips post with a link to his "platform" LOL... forexpros is NOT a forex broker, and it DOES NOT have a forex platfor, It is an advertizing website built to generate money from affilliate programs listed in its sidebar and Google Ads.

Noobs who know nothing about forex trading assume these types of sites are actually forex brokers but they are not.

I concede that they do have live streaming charts available but that doesn't make it a trading platform. You can get similar charts at Yahoo Finance for instance.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

PVS,

Absolutely perfect!!!

Sorry gang, but I've been focused on the new business on a critical project and will be back to normal in about a week.

Best regards,

Scooter

In the words of Scooter "Sit back and let the market come to you!" (did I get that right Scoot????)