Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Clunker Math

Qman

Clunker Math - The Obama Plan

Clunker Math "Lucy .... you've got some 'splainin' to do" ... !!!!!

The person who calculated this bit of information is now and has been a professor at The University of West Virginia in Morgantown,West Virginia for the last forty some years.

A clunker that travels 12,000 miles a year at 15 mpg uses 800 gallons of gas a year.

A vehicle that travels 12,000 miles a year at 25 mpg uses 480 gallons of gas a year.

So, the average Cash for Clunkers transaction will reduce gasoline consumption by 320 gallons per year

The government claims 700,000 clunkers have been replaced so that’s 224 million gallons saved per year.

That equates to a bit over 5 million barrels of oil~5 million barrels is about 5 hours worth of US consumption.

More importantly, 5 million barrels of oil at $70 per barrel costs about $350 million dollars.

So, the government paid $3 billion of our tax dollars to save $350 million....

We spent $8.57 for every $1.00 we saved.

I’m pretty sure they will do a better job with our health care, though.

• Upvote 4

Sounds like more of those very economical $600 dollar hammers they used to buy. The US government, all governments for that matter should shop at wal-mart, thus killing two birds with one stone, they save a little money AND can watch out for all the terrorists that are there saving money tOO.I pray for the day when just ONE MAN with commom sense runs the show. I know I'm a dreamer.

Thank you for the post.....Bless our trOOps Father, protect them and return them home safely and quickly! Be what you want the world to be.....love, praise and gratitude.....GO RV!

Sounds like more of those very economical $600 dollar hammers they used to buy. The US government, all governments for that matter should shop at wal-mart, thus killing two birds with one stone, they save a little money AND can watch out for all the terrorists that are there saving money tOO.I pray for the day when just ONE MAN with commom sense runs the show. I know I'm a dreamer.

OK I will run!!!

• Upvote 1

it is funny you bring it up when cash-4-clunkers was going on this was my argument:

you know this is all good news... but... the MRAP and HUMVEE both get under 15mpg and my Bradley gets under that too.... guess what... we drive them a lot and we also just let them set and run so we can thaw out in the winter and stay cool in the summer.... so... if the government isn't looking at saving fuel or even giving it a try themselves why should I go trade in my 03 F-150 that gets around 18 mpg in town...?mellow.gif

sounds again like they have a double standard for the American People

Edited by Soldiering4U

OK I will run!!!

Maintain yourself Q...don't get too excited yet...we have to vote first...heeheehee....this all seems to make 'perfect' sense to me...not!....isn't our government a real peach....and on and on it goes...Thanks Q...God Bless...

Maintain yourself Q...don't get too excited yet...we have to vote first...heeheehee....this all seems to make 'perfect' sense to me...not!....isn't our government a real peach....and on and on it goes...Thanks Q...God Bless...

OK I may be to old and to fat, not all that smart but the one thing I can say that a lot of other politician cannot say is I am honest!

• Upvote 1

it is funny you bring it up when cash-4-clunkers was going on this was my argument:

you know this is all good news... but... the MRAP and HUMVEE both get under 15mpg and my Bradley gets under that too.... guess what... we drive them a lot and we also just let them set and run so we can thaw out in the winter and stay cool in the summer.... so... if the government isn't looking at saving fuel or even giving it a try themselves why should I go trade in my 03 F-150 that gets around 18 mpg in town...?mellow.gif

sounds again like they have a double standard for the American People

I never understood the reasoning behind the CFC's program. I wanted to trade in my late 90's F 350 one ton, talk about a gas hog. I tried to trade it for a 1/2 ton and tried both the Toyota and Nissan dealerships. Neither of them could make me a deal. According to the way the CFC was written up I could only trade my gas hog for another gas hog (had to be same tonnage) and not for anything more has efficient :blink: and again :blink:

To this day it still baffles me ..... but I still got my Toyota :P .

Just didn't get the same kind of deal others did. <_<