Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IQD Changes on FOREX overnight !

diligent1

Chill hopefullbk I wasn't discussing the VALUE!!! As you put it, I can't open the link again for some reason and I thought someone had mentioned something about an old date for that link. So chill out dude, don't have a heart attack - take a valium or something lol :lol:

Oh im chill bro. Its just that with all the bashers, if someone doesnt keep some of these threads on point, by the end the topic is lost in never never land.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Well.. If the last pegged rate was Jan. 18th, of 2008, we're over due for some changes since we're right around a 3 year anniversary date of the last change.

What needs to be watched also is if this is hitting other trading sites (i.e., XE.com).

• Upvote 1

this happens alot... i havent seen whats on forex because the link supplied is not working but for the past few months on XE it has been fluctuating from 1160 to 1178 which is fractions of a penny in difference. but what is the number it is saying on forex now?

AGAIN.. its not the VALUE that is important, its the fact that its updating so Frequently.

Can only mean good things right?? Iraq cant continue down this path with currency that is worth so little in regards to everyone in thier marketplace right?

ALSO.. Can ANYone tell me if the summit in Baghdad is March 2011, or March 2012? Ive seen conflicting reports.. just looking for the correct answer.

this happens alot... i havent seen whats on forex because the link supplied is not working but for the past few months on XE it has been fluctuating from 1160 to 1178 which is fractions of a penny in difference. but what is the number it is saying on forex now?

I keep saying this over an over so sorry if Im starting to annoy folks but its not the rate that interesting, its how its suddenly being updated about every 10 minutes to an hour or so. Much, much more often than it was updated in the past. the rate hasnt changed in any noteable way. It just seems like its "live" rates as opposed to the stagnant position it has been in for years relative to time stamp updates. Its weird for sure. I have no clue if it means anything other than strange.

Below is the link again. When you open the netdania site, give it a minute to load as its live trading.

If you dont see the USD/IQD at the bottom of all the listings, go to the box below the listings that says "instruments". Type in USD/IQD in that box an hit enter. It should show up at the bottom of all of the listings. When they come up, scroll to the right side of the box for that listing and you will see the time stamps. Those are changing way more often than they ever have. Like its live trading at its current pegged rate. You wont see anything different in the rate at all. Its still the normal, depressing rate we've seen for years. Anway, I hope this works so you can check it out for yourself. I promise you, the GET didnt make these changes. lol

http://www.netdania.com/Products/live-streaming-currency-rates-foreign-exchange/real-time-quotes/QuoteList.aspx?m=q

• Upvote 1

I see this as encouraging! It may not be an RV/RI but it's positive movement. If the rumors i heard about banks educating employees and preping for multiple countries to revalue, this is progress toward that end. How else is this supposed to happen? There will be steps taken along the way. I see this as one of those steps and an indication that we all may escape insanity soon.

• Upvote 3

Bring up the EUR/IQD (Euro and Iraqi Dinar) pairing and you will see the proof this is not flucuations in the USD.

These are live IQD updates.

Looks like the IQD has gone active or hot.

My guess is pre RV

i just dont understand what all this fuss is about. i check it everyday i dont see anything different about how the charts are reporting i have always seen it live and always seen the flucuations nothing new about this

• Upvote 1

I'm no expert as someone declared earlier, I just did some research and found that in order for the currency to be considered any type of float it would have to be freely traded in the Forex market.

Odana said that it was recently updated to reflect the change in status but deflected the change in rate stating that it would be best to refer those questions to the CBI. Forex doesn't set the rate, it provides a place for it to be traded and lists the pricing.

I think the change in activity signals that we are wonderfully close to an RV, because I didn't think they would drop the rate and release it on Forex together...we noticed the change last week, this week, we now have it floating around, last step is to drop the new rate. I think this is a way to test what the market would do once it went live.

In order to manage volatility, it will most likely be a managed float to vary up or down 2% against the dollar for at least 90 days...let turbulence of the given activity that will occur. What the +/- 2% will be based against is anyones guess.

All I did was look up whatever I could find on pegs, floats, managed floats and applied it to this situation. Again, this is all new, so we are along for the ride.

Think about this too....this went live while CBI is sleeping...they won't/can't show a new rate till Sunday (our Saturday) so if this is a tell, the EARLIEST we would see a rate change is Sunday (Saturday Night US.)

Make sense?

I'll be watching the CBI Saturday night.

TPR

i just dont understand what all this fuss is about. i check it everyday i dont see anything different about how the charts are reporting i have always seen it live and always seen the flucuations nothing new about this

It has been here but only showed trading twice a day I think. Now it's trading throughout the day, big difference.

TPR

• Upvote 6

Well, they're a float now, right? Could that be a factor in the increased movement?

It does seem to look like a strange kind of Managed float of some sort. Since they made some sort of change, that could be the reason we are seeing a little bit different numbers than we are accustom to, albeit very minor rate changes at best.

But Im still wondering why they would make a change like they have unless they were getting ready in the future for something. By the future, it could mean tonight or in six more months, no way to know for sure, but they did change.

there are versions of a float that have a high and a low maximum to control fluctuation (safety measures to prevent huge swings) but to be officially in a float, I think you have to have a currency that can be internationally traded. At least thats what Ive been able to read in my research.

Clearly, IQD is still not avail for international trade so thats why I called it "a strange kind of managed float of some sort" above. Not sure how to define it other than its a much different than is has been in years.

The time stamp just updated again at :36 after the hour.

• Upvote 1

It updated at 12:36. It is now at......1149.10. The last update before that was 10:36. It will be interesting to see if this thing updates every two hours now, or more frequently than that. BTW the 1149 is as low as I can remember it going recently.

It updated at 12:36. It is now at......1149.10. The last update before that was 10:36. It will be interesting to see if this thing updates every two hours now, or more frequently than that. BTW the 1149 is as low as I can remember it going recently.

its been updating anywhere from every 10 minutes to over an hour and a half since last night. A few times it updated within a few minutes of its previous update. I'm not paying any attention to the rate, I think its still pegged within a certain range. The frequent updating though?.....hmmmmm. Who knows right?

• Upvote 1

I moved EURO/USD to the bottom of the list, then made USD/IQD, AND USD/KWD

Sticking them close together can make it easier to watch for the updates.

If it is the USD that changes, ALL THREE will light up AT THE SAME TIME

If it IS indeed IQD moving, then only the USD/IQD pair flashes

Edited by Rome M

Like I said, I think what they are watching is where it heads based on it's current value, then when trading closes, they perhaps will decide on what the RV will be and apply it.

We should not see it till Saturday night late at the earliest when CBI is back to work (Sunday there)

I think it would be most logical to occur over a weekend to give banks a chance for a quick preparation.

I want it this weekend, but that's me.

Here's how I see it going as we stand:

Last week, change in currency regime

This week, currency trading frequency increased, rate moving down (good direction)

CBI Closed Fri/Sat

Our Banks Closed Sunday

MOST People, if they hear about this not involved yet, would head to a bank to purchase dinar, because the rate going live Sat night...but can't because banks are closed Sunday...

Banks prep necessary people Sunday for what to expect Monday (earliest)

Then the rush is on...

Please understand, that's my line of thinking only, SPECULATION, but I think better than an RV happening Wednesday and Thursday banks get crushed...

TPR

Edited by ThePhantomRider
  • Upvote 4

its been updating anywhere from every 10 minutes to over an hour and a half since last night. A few times it updated within a few minutes of its previous update. I'm not paying any attention to the rate, I think its still pegged within a certain range. The frequent updating though?.....hmmmmm. Who knows right?

I think it's a great catch. And I appreciate you posting it. At this point the rate does not matter until it actually RV's from the CBI. But to watch it in action on the market gives it, like someone pointed out "a heart beat". This baby is alive. Now just waiting for it to "KICK"! Thanks again.

• Upvote 1