Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IQD Changes on FOREX overnight !

diligent1

I keep seeing folks write it is not the rate that is interesting but that now it is a floating rate. What does it mean then, why is it so interesting? Stupid question but enlighten me please.

Most folks say you want to see the IQD around .32 or .34. That is NOT what I think it will come out at, I'm just telling you what most folks are saying/hoping for. My opinion is not that popular and would create an argument so I will refrain from stating it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I understand that we are waiting for the numbers to change for our benefit. However, why is this such a big deal all the rates they show are right around what we are use to. I still don't understand why this is so interesting unless this is something that has to happen or usually would happen before they drastically change their currency value. Any guesses?

I keep seeing folks write it is not the rate that is interesting but that now it is a floating rate. What does it mean then, why is it so interesting? Stupid question but enlighten me please.

To be classified as a floating rate, the definition of a floating rate seems to imply that it has to be "tradable" to reach that classification. Phantom rider knows a lot about that and I only have a baseline understanding of it.

For a long time, its been classified as a "pegged" rate. In other words, it was not tradable and could only fluctuate between a pre set number for a ceiling and a floor. It couldnt go above or below a certain preset number.

There are a few versions of a floating rate, some that can provide the same high and low protection, but either way, to be floating, its seems in needs to be tradable on a foreign exchange.

There are a lot of folks on this site that know a lot more than I do about these definitions so if I'm mistating, I'm sure someone will clarify for us. I think Im pretty close though in my description. I hope that helps.

• Upvote 2

Also, if the rate change is this small - yes that is good for us but do we really think these numbers are going to correlate into our suspected RV? Scooter where you at my man?? :D

Also, if the rate change is this small - yes that is good for us but do we really think these numbers are going to correlate into our suspected RV? Scooter where you at my man?? :D

hopefullbk Very good. Thank you - :)

I understand that we are waiting for the numbers to change for our benefit. However, why is this such a big deal all the rates they show are right around what we are use to. I still don't understand why this is so interesting unless this is something that has to happen or usually would happen before they drastically change their currency value. Any guesses?

Its only my opinion but the change in updating status would seem to be a required step before an RV could happen. In other words, it needs to be live on the foreign exchange before they would change a rate.

I would expect to see it remain pegged but move more towards real time updates relative to its value before we would ever see the value change.

Thats only my opinion. A lot of folks here know more about forex than I do but logically a change like the update frequency would seem to be the natural progression. Only time will tell if it really means anything. I wouldnt be making any immeadiate plans to run to the bank for cash in thats for sure. its simply a noteworthy change and worth paying attention to for sure.

• Upvote 1

Hi again all.... I researched a thread on DV from 1/9 when you can see the first change from a peg. It was described as placed into a "managed float"

allowing 2% movement against the USD. It continued this until last night.

Research into OANDA indicated the regime is indeed a float.

OANDA

Appears to me to be clearly defined steps...and I will leave it at that. Not speculating...just saying.

It is all about the movement and trends. Not the rate...albeit yet. Wait and see...patience.

GO RV !

:P

what number do we want to see it at?

The less 0's (zeros) after the decimal the better, that just means the currency is closer to an actually whole $1. Rember math way back in school "Place value"? Decimal point, then tenths, hundredths, thousandths place, and so on, and so on.

My question is, the original link for the forex site has been the same link floating around for months, and it's not even a real Forex chart, second- not even the CBI website is showing a change on the value of the dinar, for that matter not even XE.com or Yahoo finance.

try this link for the decimal chart. http://www.coolmath.com/prealgebra/02-decimals/01-decimals-place-value-01.htm

Edited by Hfeliu
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is very interesting news...as others have said and I agree the Rate at this point is not important, it is the fact that its being handled differently on FOREX that matters, updating the valuation of the IQD will be a natural progression.

Hopefully this is a positive sign that the FOREX markets are getting ready, but only time will tell... GO RV!!

• Upvote 1

The less 0's (zeros) after the decimal the better, that just means the currency is closer to an actually whole $1. Rember math way back in school "Place value"? Decimal point, then tenths, hundredths, thousandths place, and so on, and so on.

My question is, the original link for the forex site has been the same link floating around for months, and it's not even a real Forex chart, second- not even the CBI website is showing a change on the value of the dinar, for that matter not even XE.com or Yahoo finance.

try this link for the decimal chart. http://www.coolmath.com/prealgebra/02-decimals/01-decimals-place-value-01.htm

It may not be something to get excited about, but it is something to keep an eye on maybe...

Until other trading sites update and show it as well, we can mostly only speculate.

The USdollar weakened over night. Nothing more to it.

Dollar spot index ticker is DXY....it is down .59 at this time

from yesterdays trading.

When CBI lists a rate change, it will be real.

All my best!

Jim

---

What about the EURO?

It was claimed if you matched the EUR to the IQD you saw the similar fluctuations.

• Upvote 1

from yesterdays trading.

All my best!

Jim

---

The change being discussed has nothing to do with the change in value

It is the change in the TREND that is interesting.

This is a change as to the frequency of update on forex sites.

The flutcuation of the IQD value VS the USD can be seen more often, so yes, the value of the dollar shown on USDindex is reflected on the USD/IQD pairings. You can even notice that when the usd has dropped in the last 2 days since the IQD started reporting more multiple times a day, that the IQD also gained slightly against it.

There are other trends that have shown changes in trend value wise in this same 2 day period. The EUR/IQD has gone flat since yesterday at about the same time the IQD started this new trend.

also some slight changes in the USD/JOD and USD/BHD trends (Jordan and Bahrain) in the value, not big changes in the value, but slight changes in the trend over the same 2 day period.

Just an observation and I am not making any assumptions, but interesting none the least

Edited by RVDinar4MyFamily
  • Upvote 6

from yesterdays trading.

All my best!

Jim

---

Wow, did you and Ateam even read the thread. This entire thread has nothing to do with value, its speculation about miniscule changes unrelated to value.. I know you keep saying the CBI but noone knows, not even you how this will play out. So the best thing any of us can do is watch for changes and predicators as to what may be on the horizon.

NOONE is talking about a CHANGE IN VALUE! Thats not the point. Sorry to be sensative about this but all too often nowdays I see folks making comments on topics they clearly havent read thru and thru.

• Upvote 4

The pieces are moving...

The board is realigning...

The final gambit is in preparation...

Let's see what CBI does over the next few days of forex trading, and then we'll know. ;)

From my viewpoint, it's looking pretty good, but I'm a profiteer and a scallywag. :ph34r:

Your mileage may vary.

Go RV!! :twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

Chill hopefullbk I wasn't discussing the VALUE!!! As you put it, I can't open the link again for some reason and I thought someone had mentioned something about an old date for that link. So chill out dude, don't have a heart attack - take a valium or something lol :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2