Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Hunting stories anyone?

jmac8862

I hunt dear every year in early November where I grew up until the age of 6 or so. It is nice to get a chance to see some of my cousins since that is normally when I see them except for weddings and stuff.

We party hunt and it's normally a lot of walking... I don't have any particular stories that are great, but the experience has been fun.

The last dear I remember shooting was a buck, and as I recall, it was more of a reflex shot.. Basically stating that I wasn't even thinking, it was more of a just do, don't think.. Nice shot, right through the heart, and a nice size buck too.

thats cool. I love to hunt my favorite is archery elk as you can see by my picture. there is nothing like calling in a big elk to 12 or 15 maybe 20 to 30 and getting to draw your bow knowing he doesn't have a clue you are there. A lot of meat in the freezer in one of those criters.

8 1/2 years in eagle CO. Could catch trout from inside my house. Dad got a 12 point buck one year (one side that is), just a short walk in back of the house. Mule dear. Elk, had to drive a few miles up gypsom creek. We rebuilt a cabin we found up in the mountains, would stay for up to 2 weeks at a time. Hunt from dawn to dusk. Paradise.

thats cool. I love to hunt my favorite is archery elk as you can see by my picture. there is nothing like calling in a big elk to 12 or 15 maybe 20 to 30 and getting to draw your bow knowing he doesn't have a clue you are there. A lot of meat in the freezer in one of those criters.

I used to love to be in the mountains hearing the elk, whistle. One time had a heard of about, had to of been 80-100 does run all around me, closest was about 20 feet away. Was waiting for a buck.

I GOT ONE! The day I joined this forum I was greeted with a message. "Interesting name you have there"! I guess Slaydadea is a bit unusual but I never really thought much of it . I to am an avid deer hunter and have called in sick to work during the rut more times than I'm willing to confess. I met a buddy on a Med Cruise one year from the great state of Louisiana and we became very good friends and still are after many years. His family owns land so he invited me to his place one Thanksgiving. He knew the place like the back of his hand and was determined to show me a good time. After two days of still hunting we had not had any luck so at dusk it was time to go. On the walk out there was a field we had to cross and low and behold as we came out of the trees, about 250 yards out stood a beautiful buck. My guess was at least an 8 point. I steadied my rifle and began to breath. Seems like the longer you wait, the longer it takes. Then it started, "Slaydedea", Slaydedea"! I turned and looked at him and said, "what". When I looked back it my scope, the deer was gone. For those of you that are not quite up to speed on your foreign languages, "Sladedea" means "Slay the deer", in Cajun. I didn't know it either and it cost me a buck. That's all.. Have a great 1.

• Upvote 3

That's a nice elk jmac. I hunted hard this year,first in new mex for mule deer but no luck. Finally arrowed a 141 bc buck towards the end of deer season here in Texas. Again nice bull.

Thanks, I took quite a few years to get one that nice and this year I only got a spike. I did call in 4 different bulls this year and we got 3 of them

Duck hunt the mouth of the mighty Mississippi on public land.

Pirogue hunting is quite special and somewhat "old school" and that is how we do it. No big fancy mud motors or mud boats, just a push pole and pirogue.

Hunting with my fourteen year old youngest son this year has been truly special. We have harvested nine different types of waterfowl together this year.

We are able to hunt the ducks in the morning and catch red fish in the afternoon.

tens times out..........ten limits each.......truely a hunters paradise here.

I DIDN'T HUNT OUT OF STATE THIS YEAR , I HAVE HUNTED AS MUCH AS 3 STATES IN ONE YEAR I HAVE HARVESTED WITH BOW, RIFLE , BLACK POWDER , AND I LOVE GOING TO MEXICO FOR MARLIN ,TUNA DORADO , I HAVE WROTE A FEW ARTICLES IN A HUNTING & FISHING MAGAZINE IT IS NICE TO GET OUT !! ELK TACOS !!!!!!! DON'T GET ME STARTED :twothumbs:

Well I will make mine short and sweet. :) It was November 14, 1998 and I had been at yard sales with my mom all morning. My back started hurting so we went home. Around one that afternoon my then husband decided he was going hunting. Well....I wanted to go too! So we get just outside the place our box stand is & decided to walk in so we wouldn't disturb any of the deer. I climb up 18' into the floor & onto a bucket we used as a seat in our box stand. (FYI I climbed up after him & I carried the 270 I was hunting with. About 15 minutes into it I had to use the bathroom, so I climbed back down the 18' ladder & squatted just behind the stand. (I know not very lady like but I was raised in the country) ;) I climbed back up the 18' ladder, back into the floor & onto the bucket. About another 15 minutes passed and my stomach started hurting. It lasted about 3 minutes and would go away. This would come and go every 10 minutes, then every 5 minutes. Yep did I mention I was 9 (NINE) months pregnant? :lol::lol: Yes... I went into labor in the deer stand!!! About 45 minutes later while the contractions were coming and going 5 minutes apart, I could not get comfortable on my 5 gallon bucket! Hmmm... ;) We heard something to turn around and see a 10 point standing behind us grazing on the grass!!!! Just as we saw him another contraction hit a little harder...yep scared him away. Well my husband got aggravated and decided it was time to go. So he climbed down and proceded to walk to the truck approximately a mile away from the stand, leaving me to climb down 18 feet with a 270 and contractions kicking my butt!!! :lol::lol: Needless to say 6 hours later we had a beautiful baby girl!!! ;) Just shows how much I love hunting & being outdoors!!

• Upvote 2

Well I will make mine short and sweet. smile.gif It was November 14, 1998 and I had been at yard sales with my mom all morning. My back started hurting so we went home. Around one that afternoon my then husband decided he was going hunting. Well....I wanted to go too! So we get just outside the place our box stand is & decided to walk in so we wouldn't disturb any of the deer. I climb up 18' into the floor & onto a bucket we used as a seat in our box stand. (FYI I climbed up after him & I carried the 270 I was hunting with. About 15 minutes into it I had to use the bathroom, so I climbed back down the 18' ladder & squatted just behind the stand. (I know not very lady like but I was raised in the country) wink.gif I climbed back up the 18' ladder, back into the floor & onto the bucket. About another 15 minutes passed and my stomach started hurting. It lasted about 3 minutes and would go away. This would come and go every 10 minutes, then every 5 minutes. Yep did I mention I was 9 (NINE) months pregnant? laugh.giflaugh.gif Yes... I went into labor in the deer stand!!! About 45 minutes later while the contractions were coming and going 5 minutes apart, I could not get comfortable on my 5 gallon bucket! Hmmm... wink.gif We heard something to turn around and see a 10 point standing behind us grazing on the grass!!!! Just as we saw him another contraction hit a little harder...yep scared him away. Well my husband got aggravated and decided it was time to go. So he climbed down and proceded to walk to the truck approximately a mile away from the stand, leaving me to climb down 18 feet with a 270 and contractions kicking my butt!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif Needless to say 6 hours later we had a beautiful baby girl!!! wink.gif Just shows how much I love hunting & being outdoors!!

I love this story. That is true dedication to hold out as long as you did. Might not have got the big one but you ended up with a precious one. thanks for sharing

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other man pulls out his cell phone and calls emergency services.

He gasps to the operator: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator in a calm, soothing voice replies: "Take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard.

Back on the phone, the hunter says, "OK, now what?" . :o Vern

• Upvote 3

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other man pulls out his cell phone and calls emergency services.

He gasps to the operator: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator in a calm, soothing voice replies: "Take it easy. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a shot is heard.

Back on the phone, the hunter says, "OK, now what?" . :o Vern

:blink::blink::lol::lol: That is terrible!!! :lol::lol::lmao::lmao:

:lol: Thank you!! I love telling the story!! Most people look at me like I'm crazy, but it was the best hunting trip I have ever been on!! I'm very glad you enjoyed it!

Aw Nature- she is a wonderful mother to learn from.If anything happens i want you in my corner. This little girl should have a nickname-Bukki-Canadian version of course- Your husband is one of a kind :lol: He probably drives a FORD- :tiphat::twothumbs: because i do and i have been known to go warm the truck up before the misses gets there-I call here MISSES because when she shoots-----Vern- :lmao:

Edited by vern

Aw Nature- she is a wonderful mother to learn from.If anything happens i want you in my corner. This little girl should have a nickname-Bukki-Canadian version of course- Your husband is one of a kind :lol: He probably drives a FORD- :tiphat::twothumbs: because i do and i have been known to go warm the truck up before the misses gets there-I call here MISSES because when she shoots-----Vern- :lmao:

As a matter of fact he is my EX husband! :lol: :lol: & I do believe he does drive a Ford! :lol: :lol:

Back on the phone, the hunter says, "OK, now what?" . ohmy.gif Vern

that's awesome

As a matter of fact he is my EX husband! :lol: :lol: & I do believe he does drive _(a Ford)! :lol: :lol:

Well then that settles that-you said it- thats all he can --A-FORD- ;) You win Buckshot-When you have a woman who can walk a mile and carry her own rifle and shoot a baby 3 feet from a doctor and tell her husband where to go(hospital i presume) then smile when done- I am all for thinkin she should be with the hunting party providing she is not pregnant when season is in again. Its an unfair advantage - for the rest of us because we say WHY didnt you shoot and you say pains what can we say when asked the same question? AWW-Hemroid checkup? Nope wont work- :lol::lol: -Vern

Well then that settles that-you said it- thats all he can --A-FORD- ;) You win Buckshot-When you have a woman who can walk a mile and carry her own rifle and shoot a baby 3 feet from a doctor and tell her husband where to go(hospital i presume) then smile when done- I am all for thinkin she should be with the hunting party providing she is not pregnant when season is in again. Its an unfair advantage - for the rest of us because we say WHY didnt you shoot and you say pains what can we say when asked the same question? AWW-Hemroid checkup? Nope wont work- :lol::lol: -Vern

:lol: Don't think I didn't try to shoot...the bucket spooked him! That kill would have made the day just a little better I agree! Would have gone on my wall with my babies birthday on the plaque! :lol:

Ok I got a good one.

Two friends were deep in the woods hunting one day when one of the friends decided he needed to go to the bathroom. He went behind a tree and squatted to do his duty. All of a sudden there was a scream and he ran out from behind the tree. The other friend asked what happend and it was explained that he had gotten bit on his private by a rattlesnake. The friend call 911 to see what he needed to do. It explained what happened and where his friend was bit. The operator told him that he would have to suck the poison out of his friend or he would die. He hung up the phone with a sad look on his face. His friend seeing this asked, What did they say? He looked at his friend and said, Im sorry, but they said you were going to die.

• Upvote 2

Ok I got a good one.

Two friends were deep in the woods hunting one day when one of the friends decided he needed to go to the bathroom. He went behind a tree and squatted to do his duty. All of a sudden there was a scream and he ran out from behind the tree. The other friend asked what happend and it was explained that he had gotten bit on his private by a rattlesnake. The friend call 911 to see what he needed to do. It explained what happened and where his friend was bit. The operator told him that he would have to suck the poison out of his friend or he would die. He hung up the phone with a sad look on his face. His friend seeing this asked, What did they say? He looked at his friend and said, Im sorry, but they said you were going to die.

that's pretty good