Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Donald Trump warns us again about China

Kenneth

The link to Trump interview

Obama to Honor China's President With State Dinner

Published January 18, 2011

| Associated Press

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/18/obama-honor-chinas-president-state-dinner/#ixzz1BQpo5bYz

Even when President Bill Clinton allowed dual-purpose technology transfers to the Chinese, few realized the significance of those transfers, and little was reported in the US media. Some of that US technology helped the Chinese government in perfecting the accuracy of their Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBMs).

Specifically, Lapan noted, the China report references the Quadrennial Defense Review report.

"China is developing and fielding large numbers of advanced medium-range ballistic and cruise missiles, new attack submarines equipped with advanced weapons, increasingly capable long-range air defense systems, electronic warfare and computer network attack capabilities, advanced fighter aircraft and counter-space systems," he wrote.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: China's military advances disturb Pentagon, Japan and Taiwan - National public safety | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/public-safety-in-national/china-s-military-advances-disturb-pentagon-japan-and-taiwan#ixzz1BR2zRnzo

We have Bill Clinton to thanks for the rise of China, and for giving away the Panama Canal to China.

Clinton's Panama Canal admission

Posted: December 01, 1999

1:00 am Eastern

By Joseph Farah

© 2011 WorldNetDaily.com

Was it a Freudian slip? Was it a gaffe? Or was it President Clinton finally being honest about something for the first time in his life?

I refer to the statement he made yesterday with regard to the Panama Canal transfer to a group of reporters in the Oval Office before leaving for the West Coast.

In case you missed it elsewhere, the quote I am about to give you from Clinton was recorded, albeit buried, in an Associated Press story.

Here it is, folks. Hold on to your hats -- especially all of you people who scoffed when I began telling you three years ago that the Communist Chinese were taking over the Panama Canal.

"I think the Chinese will in fact be bending over backwards to make sure that they run it in a competent and able and fair manner," Clinton said. That's verbatim. Those are his words, not mine. Clinton, who has until now denied that the Chinese were to take control of the strategic canal, admitted it publicly.

Read more: Clinton's Panama Canal admission http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=14863#ixzz1BR1lzoGr

Bill Clinton:

Assumed that economic globalization was inevitable

Clinton assumed that economic globalization was inevitable. He also believed in the classical theory of free trade: Lower tariffs would result in lower prices, greater exports, and a stronger economy. "it's so wonderful when an economic theory turns out to be right," his Treasury Secretary, Lawrence Summers, would later crow; "The economic benefits of the tariff reductions we negotiated during the Clinton administration represents the largest tax cut in the history of the world."

Source: The Natural, by Joe Klein, p. 79 Feb 11, 2003

Our tariff reductions were largest tax cut in world history

Clinton assumed that economic globalization was inevitable. He also believed in the classical theory of free trade: Lower tariffs would result in lower prices, greater exports, and a stronger economy. Lawrence Summers, Treasury Secretary, would later crow, "The economic benefits of the tariff reductions we negotiated during the Clinton administration represent the largest tax cut in the history of the world."

Source: The Natural, by Joe Klein, p. 79 Feb 11, 2003

Traditional borders challenged by new technologies

By 1998, the economic transformation he had long predicted--from the Industrial Age to the Information Age--was finally beginning to seem something more than rhetorical conceit. The national economy was behaving in ways that had seemed unimaginable a few years earlier. Unemployment rates were plummeting while inflation rates remained at historic lows; prosperity was rising at all income levels (the incomes of households in the broad middle of the economic spectrum increased by a remarkable 35% during his 8 years in office). Traditional notions of time and space and borders were being challenged by new technologies--portable computers, the Internet, cell phones, satellite television--that were simultaneously transforming not only global marketplace, but also the most routine ceremonies of middle-class life.

This was transformation, Clinton believed, similar to the development, at the beginning of the twentieth century, of a truly national economy dominated by vast corporate trusts.

Source: The Natural, by Joe Klein, p. 13-14 Feb 11, 2003

On balance, trade creates jobs

The globalization of the world economy has had profound effects on work, on workers, and on wages. Open markets mean products come into America that are made by people who work for wages Americans can’t live on. This can cost some American workers their jobs and keep others from getting a raise.

But, overall, trade has brought vast benefits to most Americans. Jobs in exporting companies on average pay considerably higher wages than jobs in companies that sell only within the US.

Source: Between Hope and History, by Bill Clinton, p. 33-34 Jan 1, 1996

Support NAFTA & GATT: build bridges, not walls

We don’t need to build walls, we need to build bridges. We don’t need protection, we need opportunity. But in a world of stiff competition we also need more than free trade. We need fair trade with fair rules.

That’s why I fought for NAFTA, which effectively opened Mexico’s and Canada’s markets to American products, and for GATT, which is helping to level the playing field for American companies abroad.

In all, since 1992 we have negotiated more than 200 trade agreements-21 with Japan alone.

Source: Between Hope and History, by Bill Clinton, p. 34-35 Jan 1, 1996

Spur reforms via PNTR and China in WTO

After 13 years of negotiations, the Administration concluded a landmark agreement for China’s entry into the World Trade Organization. China agreed to grant the U.S. significant new access to its rapidly growing market of over one billion people, while we have agreed simply to maintain the market access policies we already apply to China by granting it permanent Normal Trade Relations. The U.S.-China agreement slashes Chinese tariffs on American goods; opens China’s markets to American services, and contains safeguards against unfair trading practices. China’s membership in the WTO will spur economic reforms in China, open China to information and ideas from around the world, and strengthen the rule of law in China.

The Administration [also] secured commitments from Asian Pacific nations to eliminate barriers to open trade in the region by 2020 for developing countries and 2010 for industrialized countries. Over the next two years, 15 sectors will be identified for tariff reductions.

Source: WhiteHouse.gov web site Jul 2, 2000

Fair trade will liberalize China

Fair trade among free markets does more than simply enrich America; it enriches all partners to each transaction. It raises consumer demand for our products worldwide; encourages investment & growth; lifts people out of poverty & ignorance; increases understanding; and helps dispel long-held hatreds. That’s why we have worked so hard to help build free-market institutions in Eastern Europe, Russia, and the former Soviet republics. That’s why we have supported commercial liberalization in China-the world’s fastest-growing market. Just as democracy helps make the world safe for commerce, commerce helps make the world safe for democracy. It’s a two-way street.

In the coming years, we must continue to negotiate to lower trade barriers and insist that our trade partners play by fair trading rules. As we continue to work to open new markets, we must ensure the protection of our workers & our environment, as well as seek to advance labor and improve environmental conditions in developing countries.

Source: Between Hope and History, by Bill Clinton, p. 36 Jan 1, 1996

Build a rule-based global trading system.

Clinton adopted the manifesto, "A New Agenda for the New Decade":

Write New Rules for the Global Economy

The rise of global markets has undermined the ability of national governments to control their own economies. The answer is neither global laissez faire nor protectionism but a Third Way: New international rules and institutions to ensure that globalization goes hand in hand with higher living standards, basic worker rights, and environmental protection. U.S. leadership is crucial in building a rules-based global trading system as well as international structures that enhance worker rights and the environment without killing trade. For example, instead of restricting trade, we should negotiate specific multilateral accords to deal with specific environmental threats.

* Goals for 2010 Conclude a new round of trade liberalization under the auspices of the World Trade Organization.

* Open the WTO, the World Bank, and International Monetary Fund to wider participation and scrutiny.

* Strengthen the International Labor Organization’s power to enforce core labor rights, including the right of free association.

* Launch a new series of multinational treaties to protect the world environment.

Source: The Hyde Park Declaration 00-DLC1 on Aug 1, 2000

http://www.ontheissues.org/celeb/Bill_Clinton_Free_Trade.htm

• Upvote 9

Awesome post.

Mostly, I am commenting here about the Donald Trump Interview, as linked at the top of the original post.

I watched the whole thing, and I was very impressed with his candor and forthrightness.

Of course, that's nothing new from him, but I admire it just the same.

We NEED a president like Donald Trump...

We have had enough leaders that kiss ass, play the political card, pu$$y foot around deals, make bad decisions, take pay offs, protect the rich, and screw the middle class average Joe, etc.

If we had a strong-willed president, that KNOWS what is good for the country, doesn't give a RIP about what others think of him, we would again be the most POWERFUL country on the planet in a matter of months!

We have been the strongest for years. I agree with Donald that we are playing a losing the game with China. China is taking over the world, one Wal-Mart sale at a time.

I hope that someone steps up to the bat, and tells those commies where to go!

I hope and pray that Donald Trump runs for president, like he basically alluded to in this interview.

I WILL vote for him.

I have been upset and discouraged lately as I learn of scandal after scandal by our so called leaders of this once great nation.

We need leaders that don't cater to the money behind the scenes. Donald has enough of his own, and he can do the job right without taking bribes.

Go Donald!

Edited by el Stevo
  • Upvote 1

This stuff really Pi$$'$ me off!!!!! When are the libral's going to learn???? China is NOT our friend and NEVER will be our Friend! EVER! They raise their kids to Hate the U.S. Thats a fact! Its been in the news, so why are we always bending out backwards to please them. Everything is for them (China), and it never works boths ways. China doesn't allow the U.S. to export our goods to them, Why do we always make it easy for them to Export their goods into the U.S. ???? they under vaule their dollar or Yuan? or whatever its called to help themselves! and its hurting out companys and buisness's here at home! Wake up people! Whatever happen to those commercials that we used to see all the time, "MADE IN THE USA" ect! I for one, try not to buy anything from china, but it getting harder and harder to even find things made in the USA or USA goods that are cheap. Thank you China! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

• Upvote 3