Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament Split On the Basket To Assign Ministries

VIZIOIRAQI

Parliament Split On the Basket To Assign Ministries and Approval of the Federal Budget / Report

mano By: mano

On: Tuesday 18/01/2011 14:51

Divided views of the number of members of the House of Representatives between the settlement of the remaining ministries and the federal budget.

He predicted that Congress "is to vote on the budget and the remaining ministries in a deal one, while others were ruled out this scenario, stressing that there is a difference between the blocks on the budget, and may continue for more than a month." affraid.gifaffraid.gifaffraid.gif

A member of the Parliamentary Integrity Committee and MP for the National Alliance Faleh Sari: "We can not vote on the federal budget and the remaining ministerial portfolios in one basket."

Said Sari said in a statement (of the Agency news) on Tuesday: that the House read the budget once, and that the second reading will see the objections of many variations on the details and items, and would need more than a month for a vote, either ministries vacant Vstzmy on according to the consensus of political will Compatibility them outside the parliament, and that it is not expected to vote on the federal budget for 2011, and the remaining ministries and one deal.

Parliamentary source, announced that the House of Representatives ended the first reading of the federal budget for 2011, and the process of approving the budget will be after completion of the holiday visit of forty.

"The head of the House of Representatives Osama Najafi had announced in a press conference, "The Council received the budget after making amendments to it by the cabinet four days ago and he was serious by adopting in record time after discussion with the ministers concerned and see the final accounts."

" To confirm a member of the Reconciliation Commission and the parliamentary deputy for the Iraqi List, Qais helter-skelter, "The summer recess will see the leaders of political blocs negotiations to resolve differences on the budget and ministries."

" The helter-skelter in a statement (of the Agency news): "The ministries, the remaining will be ready after the visit of forty days for a vote in the House of Representatives, and the parliamentary recess will see negotiations, leaders of political blocs to resolve differences on the budget and ministries as well, and therefore will be voting on the paragraphs in a deal and one basket ".

The House of Representatives voted earlier on the 29 ministers, in addition to the Prime Minister and three of his deputies, by an absolute majority, and that after the vote on the government program.

" In the same context, member of a coalition of state law and the Attorney-Mansur al-Tamimi "To discuss the federal budget for 2011, subject to consensus within the Parliamentary House of Representatives, either vacant ministries is confined in the selection of political blocs and Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki."

" Timimi said (of the Agency news): "The budget has not been discussed until now, there is no relationship between the budget and the remaining ministries, because the first related to the House of Representatives, and the second the discussions between the political blocs, Maliki."

" He pointed out that "the Finance Committee made observations on the budget proposals in accordance with parliamentary, and will make adjustments to assignments, explaining that the budget is not, however, the political blocs, but subject to the decisions of the Vice-blocks."

"For its part, suggested a member of the National Coalition for the Free Block Balqees Cooley that "is approving the budget, the federal ministries and the security system according to one basket."

"Said Cooley (of the Agency news) said: "The intersections between the political blocs delayed approving the budget and resolve the issue of security ministries." " Adding that "the Kurdistan Alliance bloc refused to vote on the budget if it does not resolve the region's share and the increase that had been agreed with Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki."

" They mentioned that this problem accompanied the previous session and on the passage of four years, noting that "these differences will continue with the Kurdistan region to be a general census of population and knowledge of the merits of each province."

Describing the Liberal block these problems (b shameful thing because the federal budget mostly operational), and therefore will not be approved would damage the categories of Iraqi society.

" For his part, member of the Committee for Culture, Media and parliamentary spokesman for the Kurdistan Alliance MP supporter of the good that the "provision of the remaining ministries and the budget deal and one occurred in the previous session, and did not hear about the idea of similar deal now."

" Al-Tayyib (of the Agency news): "The remaining ministries indisputable distributed between the blocs of political blocs, either the federal budget by the reservations and there are differences, and did not hear about the budget and the ministries to make one deal, like the previous cycle."

The press statement of Kurdistan, said the points that keep the coalition, namely, that paragraph (B) of the first article of a coalition of Kurdistan conservatively them and dismisses them, and some other passages, in Article (23), 19 and 14 first and Article (13) Paragraph fifth where significant damage.

Paragraph (B) of Article I: Calculation of income resulting from export of crude oil based on the average price of $ (73) dollars per barrel, and the rate of export of (2.25 million) barrels per day (two million two hundred and fifty thousand barrels per day) of (150000) barrels per day (One hundred and fifty thousand barrels per day) on income arising from export of crude oil, through the territory of Kurdistan and to compel the region to transfer income from that to fund the reconstruction of Iraq DFI after deducting a percentage of (5%) of compensation for the Kuwait war, or any another percentage determined by the Board Security and payment to the United Nations and at the non-payment amounts will be deducted from the region's share of 17%.

Article -14 - first "- a - the Federal Office of Financial Supervision in coordination and cooperation with the Office of Financial Supervision of the Kurdistan region and identification of calculating federal income obtained in the region this year and the Ministry of Finance in the region by turning to the Federal Ministry of Finance monthly.

Article -19 - taking into account the equitable distribution of loans provided to the Federal Government to the regions and governorates of Iraq and in proportion to its population, after taking into account the strategic projects funded by these loans exclusively.

Article 13 V.: The head of the Federal Cabinet agreed with President of Kurdistan Region on expenses (salaries, armament, and equipment) for the Regional Guard forces in line with the Constitution and the payment of advances agreed to cover it until the issuance of a law that regulates benefits and pay. / Finished / (7. T. M ).

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=ar&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ikhnews.com%2Fnews.php%3Faction%3Dview%26id%3D7161

• Upvote 3

So one post says we have read twice....and this one say we could be a month out.

Can someone who understand this budget stuff better than myself please give us a true and realistic breakdown.....

Is the HCL matter finalized?

What reading are we on?

Is all cabinet/seats filled? and approved?

Not doubting anyone...just trying to figure out where we really stand.

I personally do not think that this can go on for a month or longer. The Iraqi's are scheduled to hold an Arab summit in March. They have got to get their security problems solved and IMO have a currency that is something other than an embarrassment. I know they love to fuss and fight and throw their little tantrums but bottom line is I don't believe they want to be shamed. If you were holding a meeting with all your Arab neighbors (and coming out from under a brutal dictatorship) wouldn't you want to impress them ?

• Upvote 2

I personally do not think that this can go on for a month or longer. The Iraqi's are scheduled to hold an Arab summit in March. They have got to get their security problems solved and IMO have a currency that is something other than an embarrassment. I know they love to fuss and fight and throw their little tantrums but bottom line is I don't believe they want to be shamed. If you were holding a meeting with all your Arab neighbors (and coming out from under a brutal dictatorship) wouldn't you want to impress them ?

I'd have to agree, I have been reading articles that say they are going to pay contractors and companies for the work they have done but they keep postponing the budget. I don't think they can wait much longer before a budget is needed to "follow" for paying people and what not. I think all these things that everyone is talking about; budget, government, etc...all ties in with the RV, it is just a matter of time before the RV puzzle piece gets to be put into the puzzle.

Kudos on the post.. Now if only we could know what it really means.. :D Can't we just bribe somebody to tell us when the RV will happen ?? <_<

:D :D :D I like the way you think...

I agree... :D

I know I don't speak my mind that much... These are the same thoughts that I had about the contractors!

Mixed emotions on the article, news is what it is. But absolutely love the emoticons.

Helter - Skelter is so appropriate for this investment. Gotta love it. :lol:

Hello All ,

This Is IRAQ ... Instead Of Waiting To The 11th HOUR To Get Things Done

The Iraqi's OFFICIALLY Wait To The 14th Hour ... :wacko:

Nurse Rachet ... MEDICATION TIME :surgeon: .... LOL

Have a BLESSED New Day !

Gary .. aka Invest4later :tiphat:

The all in one basket plan, from my understanding/reading seems to be from the UN/Biden direction.

Of course, "they" are not happy with it & honestly, they have NO time plan related to anything, LOL...

They only want the most "THEY" can get for THIER BLOCKS... It's more like a popularity contest than a real GOVT. mellow.gifblink.gifwink.gifhuh.gif

BUT the bigger powers may have to get the BIG STICK OUT AGAIN, if they do not comply...

WE (the World) have had enough, and if you believe the GOI is 100% in control... THINK AGAIN... LOOKS are Very deceiving and The Big Dogs Really want to make it look like they are doing it all by themselves...LOL Whats it called??? Plausible Deniability???

But so far they have pushed and pushed and pushed..... Shabs is just as ready as you are.... HANG IN THERE!!!!

IT IS COMING TO A THEATHER NEAR YOU! wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

BW3

Here's a novel concept... Have the budget as a stand alone item for vote and have the ministerial positions stand alone for vote. That way, things start to get done. I can see that trusting Iraq to run smoothly and efficiently was not only an exercise in futility but a damper on sanity. I do, however, still believe in Iraq (rather that the RV will occur) but am quickly loosing faith in their elected leaders.

Ohhh it is coming soon or I will be throughly surprised based on everything going on with China, The USA, Jordan, Kuwait, etc. Bp OIL in the Iraqi Region and oil output... The Banks that formed in the region...

The list of news articles out of IRAQ just shows a lot of movement... I agree about the SUMMIT too! I dont believe they will want to look bad in March. Maybe they are stalling a little so that the release is close enough to contain the results...? Or like one person said they are really making sure to cross the T's and dot the I's... They cant afford to do this wrong.

Patience isnt easy but for this not to happen soon would be a HUGE surprise given so much around it.

GO RV

Here's a novel concept... Have the budget as a stand alone item for vote and have the ministerial positions stand alone for vote. That way, things start to get done. I can see that trusting Iraq to run smoothly and efficiently was not only an exercise in futility but a damper on sanity. I do, however, still believe in Iraq (rather that the RV will occur) but am quickly loosing faith in their elected leaders.

This is Iraq ... they never do anything that's expected only what gets them a delay until the next vacation/ holiday ... :lol: ... but seriously ... the only things certain in life are death, taxes and the Iraqi government holding a meeting to discuss having a meeting about who should chair the discussion about having a meeting. :huh: .... yeah, that gave me a headache too !! :P

Just be patient and Iraq may eventually get around to actually being a responsible government to their people. When that day occurs , hopefully very soon , we will all enjoy the fruits of our patience . For now , just enjoy life . It's gonna get better .

Uncle Barkie :)

So one post says we have read twice....and this one say we could be a month out.

Can someone who understand this budget stuff better than myself please give us a true and realistic breakdown.....

Is the HCL matter finalized?

What reading are we on?

Is all cabinet/seats filled? and approved?

Not doubting anyone...just trying to figure out where we really stand.

It's hard for me to read anything you write because all I keep staring at is the cat with headphones........hilarious!!! B)

GO IRAQ!!!

I read on this site a couple of days ago that the holiday starts Jan. 24 and is a 40 day religious holiday so if that is so and nothing is done before 24th, we will be waiting at least until March 6, maybe later. Hope I am wrong about this timing. Will they meet at all prior to Jan. 24?