Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

onada regime .39

miller

Ticket Number: HD2946711

Short Description: why is it showing .3109usd=1iqd

Dear Miller,

Thank you for contacting OANDA.

The Currency Converter rate for USD/IQD is indeed the correct rate, as it is the most up to date. Please note that the rate listed in the FXLookup tool is not an exchange rate - rather, it is information about the "currency regime" used by the IQD, meaning how the valuation of the currency is derived (for more information, please see this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchange_rate_regime).

To see that the FXLookup tool does not display current exchange rates, you can take a look at the FXLookup entry for a currency such as the EUR, for example: http://www.oanda.com/cgi/fxlookup/CurrencyInfo.pl?currencyCode=EUR

Note that nothing is listed under 'Currency Regime', despite the fact that the EUR does of course have an exchange rate with other currencies: this is because the 'Currency Regime' field does not show the exchange rate. The reason nothing is listed under 'Currency Regime' for the EUR is simply that this particular currency is not pegged or fixed to any other currency.

With regard to the FXLookup entry for the IQD, the information under 'Currency Regime' means that when the IQD entry in FXLookup was last updated, the IQD was pegged to the USD at the rate shown. Please also keep in mind that, unlike the Currency Converter, FXLookup is not constantly updated, so the information shown in FXLookup may very well be out of date and no longer valid.

To see the current USD/IQD exchange rate, as well as exchange rates for all other currencies, please be sure to use the OANDA Currency Converter. You can find it here: http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

We hope this information was helpful. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

OANDA fxTrade Team (JG)

www.fxtrade.oanda.com

Registered users of OANDA's Service Portal can login through our Web site to track requests: https://support.oanda.com

Was this response helpful? We would be grateful if you would submit a short rating for this response as part of our satisfaction monitoring.

https://support.oanda.com/mod_perl/crm/user/ticket_rate?ticket_digest=e6bc1ccf81b1292817136946ed866a3d6410ec50

This message (including attachments, if any) is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for the above-named recipient(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please notify me by return email and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited.

OANDA assumes no responsibility for errors, inaccuracies or omissions in these materials, and does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information contained within these materials. OANDA shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation losses, lost revenues, or lost profits that may result from these materials

• Upvote 5

Perfect example of the "pumpers" being flat out liars or incredibly stupid. Thanks Miller!!!!

On all the other rumors, I agree with you easily debunked. On this issue I disagree with you. Before this came up, did you understand what is currency regime is or how its used to explain a nation's exchange rate? I didn't know anything about this yet thats what OANDA IS REPORTING!

So like i said its either old info or its correct but if its wrong they should fix it.

"FXLookup is not constantly updated, so the information shown in FXLookup may very well be out of date and no longer valid."

THEY DIDNT SAY IS OUT OF DATE just...MAY very well...

WELL OANDA CAN YOU FIND OUT? I dont think the currency regime rate matches the actual exchange rate!! It should say float peg or something...

Not Debunked

Edited by quadraph0nic
  • Upvote 3

On all the other rumors, I agree with you easily debunked. On this issue I disagree with you. Before this came up, did you understand what is currency regime is or how its used to explain a nation's exchange rate? I didn't know anything about this yet thats what OANDA IS REPORTING!

So like i said its either old info or its correct but if its wrong they should fix it.

"FXLookup is not constantly updated, so the information shown in FXLookup may very well be out of date and no longer valid."

WELL OANDA CAN YOU FIND OUT? I dont think the currency regime rate matches the actual exchange rate!! It should say float peg or something...

Not Debunked

Yes, very good point indeed!! Go RV!!! :rolleyes:

The bigger question is why did the regime suddenly change today from US-$ (0.3109) to float. Hmmm, preparation of something to come...? :huh:

LINK

To further that, here's the definition of a floating currency regime:

What Does Floating Exchange Rate Mean?

A country's exchange rate regime where its currency is set by the foreign-exchange market through supply and demand for that particular currency relative to other currencies. Thus, floating exchange rates change freely and are determined by trading in the forex market. This is in contrast to a "fixed exchange rate" regime.

Pay attention to the bold.

Could be nothing, but Interesting....definition from investopedia.com

TPR

Not Debunked

this is dubunked cause its now labled as "float" im sorry sir but i tried to tell you. it was.

this is dubunked cause its now labled as "float" im sorry sir but i tried to tell you. it was.

However, being listed as a float means it's managed and traded on Forex, so that potentially changes everything if it is now a currency that can be traded.

A country's exchange rate regime where its currency is set by the foreign-exchange market through supply and demand for that particular currency relative to other currencies. Thus, floating exchange rates change freely and are determined by trading in the forex market. This is in contrast to a "fixed exchange rate" regime

TPR

I think you missed the point. You said it yourself, it is now labeled as "float".

Why???? The rate is irrelavent here, its the change to float that should be eye catching.

edit.....Sorry, Phantom already made the point above.

Edited by hopefullbk

yes the .31 issue is debunked now, because many such as myself asked them to fix it. I only seek the truth not just something I want to be told.

emailed to me:

Thank you for contacting OANDA.

In response to the many inquiries we have received regarding the IQD entry in FXLookup, we have updated the 'Currency Regime' on this entry, which is now listed as "float".

However, being listed as a float means it's managed and traded on Forex, so that potentially changes everything if it is now a currency that can be traded.

A country's exchange rate regime where its currency is set by the foreign-exchange market through supply and demand for that particular currency relative to other currencies. Thus, floating exchange rates change freely and are determined by trading in the forex market. This is in contrast to a "fixed exchange rate" regime

TPR

I wouldn't read into that too much. Oanda does not guarantee their FXLookup information according to them this info is provided as a courtesy. Please contact them and they will explain.

Edited by quadraph0nic