Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BELIZE vs PANAMA for IBC

well, After RV I have been considering buying an island off the coast of Panama so I guess Panama would be the most convenient for me.My vote is for Panama as I have heard and researched a lot about Panama. Large American population with many business and real estate opportunities.

• Upvote 3

I lived in Panama as a soldier from 1990 to 1993. Extraordinarily beautiful. At the time I had the opportunity to purchase a three bedroom house... on the beach for $30K.....

Wonder what it is now? The country is pretty heavily invested into tourism. So if you could get a few houses down that way to rent out to tourists... especially the last weeks of February, if memory serves Carnivale is very popular.

• Upvote 1

I've read that both countries within the last few months have signed treaties with the US commiting them to disclose banking information for American citizens. That doesn't mean the US can ****** your money, it just means they'll know about it. Panama also has an entity that, from memory, may be called a "family foundation trust" that is a little different than the International Business Corporation. Panama certainly is more "recognized" as an international banking center than Belize. Both places are gorgeous. (If you go to Belize, check out Ambergris Caye). :D

• Upvote 1

Dealing with foreign banks does require some research when dealing with sums that we are expecting. I've included the link on banking in Beliez: http://www.belizefirst.com/MoneyandBankinginBelize.htm as well as banking in panama: http://www.offshorelegal.org/offshore-banking/panama-offshore-banking/tax-implications-of-banking-in-panama.html these links are not intended by myself to offer any type of financial advice. I did supply the links as a jumping off point for your own research.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't incorporate in Panama OR Belize, they both have governments that will work with the US Government.

The reason we incorporate in the Seychelles is because the Seychelles will not work with the US.

The reason we use Belize Banks, rather than Panama banks, is because our IBC banks in Belize are independently owned and are not controlled by the Belize government.

Hope that helps!

• Upvote 1

DV TEAM

Pro's & cons Belize vs Panama to establish IBC.

Last I checked, Panama still has no "tax treaty" with the US and it's easier to become a citizen if you choose to do so. You can only buy "titled (freehold)" property as a foreigner, otherwise you need to become a citizen to own it. "Titled" islands are few and far between. Check Panama islands for some nice locations.

Neil

Edited by FishmanTx

Last I checked, Panama still has no "tax treaty" with the US and it's easier to become a citizen if you choose to do so. You can only buy "titled (freehold)" property as a foreigner, otherwise you need to become a citizen to own it. "Titled" islands are few and far between. Check Panama islands for some nice locations.

Neil

P.S. - WHOOPS! My bad, the sorry buggers did it last November!!!! Boy that really screws me . :(

• 1 month later...

Dealing with foreign banks does require some research when dealing with sums that we are expecting. I've included the link on banking in Beliez: http://www.belizefir...inginBelize.htm as well as banking in panama: http://www.offshorel...-in-panama.html these links are not intended by myself to offer any type of financial advice. I did supply the links as a jumping off point for your own research.

Just discovered this thread today...mods must have moved it into Investment Opportunities & Wealth Mgt. Thank you detroitjazzman for your post & valuable links!

2DZNRoses

I wouldn't incorporate in Panama OR Belize, they both have governments that will work with the US Government.

The reason we incorporate in the Seychelles is because the Seychelles will not work with the US.

The reason we use Belize Banks, rather than Panama banks, is because our IBC banks in Belize are independently owned and are not controlled by the Belize government.

Hope that helps!

Very good.

Thank you Mr Montana.

2DZNRoses

• 2 months later...

Hope that helps!

Adam, regarding the above info on the Belize government is there any risk of the banks working with the US? What about a bank in the Seychelles? Thanks in advance.

Adam, regarding the above info on the Belize government is there any risk of the banks working with the US? What about a bank in the Seychelles? Thanks in advance.

Not at this time. The Seychelles is a great place to incorporate, but it's not ideal for holding money.

We have a great conference call on this exact topic in the conference call section, located here: http://iqd.me/l/ce

• 3 months later...