Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

KWD exchange rate With IQD

kikki

BTW, even if you ring the Doha bank in Kuwait..........they are not going to confirm the change in the rate of IQD because they know they will be receiving thousands of phone calls if they bhave a new rate and the only way to tackle the situation is force people to come directly into the bank. :unsure:

Go RV 2011 !!!!! :D

They have posted.. check out the next thread... NO Changes.... as i suspected...... Rookies annoucing wrong intel...LOL

Nope......the CBI website still hasn't updated since yesterday and still shows a date of 10.01.2011

I don't know how Money4nothing is getting that kind of info. :unsure:

Go RV 2011 !!!! :D

• Upvote 1

They have posted.. check out the next thread... NO Changes.... as i suspected...... Rookies annoucing wrong intel...LOL

At the bottom it says "Indicative rates - 10.01.2011" sorry the picture did not upload

At the bottom it says "Indicative rates - 10.01.2011" sorry the picture did not upload

Here is the picture

I think they are scratching their heads right now which rate they should put up for the first time. Lots of responsibility behind it.

post-26455-129473796345_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Currency Auction info is posted

No Change, still at 1170

sorry folks, don't shoot the messenger

This still has nothing to do with whether Kuwait has had an exchange rate giving a new rate for the IQD and the CBI doesn't even list the exchange rate for the Kuwait Dinar.

We still don't even know that the Doha bank is actually offering a different rate and I doubt that any major bank will make a typo as that can cause a serious mess. :unsure:

• Upvote 2

This still has nothing to do with whether Kuwait has had an exchange rate giving a new rate for the IQD and the CBI doesn't even list the exchange rate for the Kuwait Dinar.

We still don't even know that the Doha bank is actually offering a different rate and I doubt that any major bank will make a typo as that can cause a serious mess. :unsure:

It does not have anything to do with doha, never said it did

But I was posting it for those who were mistakenly thinking there would be a change thanks to rumors of such a change.

guarentee its happened... cbi should have already posted... unless their declaring this day a "holiday"

http://www.wcrane.com/iraq/

It does not have anything to do with doha, never said it did

But I was posting it for those who were mistakenly thinking there would be a change thanks to rumors of such a change.

they should have already posted the auction results. CBI that is... being 11-1-2011

Edited by usmarine2141
  • Upvote 1

This isn't intel. This is a bank's website showing a rate for the IQD. We're trying to determine what it means, but it's not as simple as "rookies announcing wrong intel". If this bank is offering a rate that translates to $.35 then we have to conclude that they have a reason for doing so, such as an upcoming RV at a higher value.

• Upvote 4

This isn't intel. This is a bank's website showing a rate for the IQD. We're trying to determine what it means, but it's not as simple as "rookies announcing wrong intel". If this bank is offering a rate that translates to $.35 then we have to conclude that they have a reason for doing so, such as an upcoming RV at a higher value.

agreed... this was discussed earlier.. lol... kuwait doing this to get some cheddar and i believe thats how the kuwait situation is being handled... JMO

guarentee its happened... cbi should have already posted... unless their declaring this day a "holiday"

they should have already posted the auction results. CBI that is... being 11-1-2011

Agreed with reservations.

The Doha Bank might be the bait and is testing the waters. The reactions then might be used to do an estimation where to start the official RV-rate.

This is just a small WAG and has NO Background. Just my opinion.

Agreed with reservations.

The Doha Bank might be the bait and is testing the waters. The reactions then might be used to do an estimation where to start the official RV-rate.

This is just a small WAG and has NO Background. Just my opinion.

agreed.... but think about it.... kuwait may be doing this to get the suckers..... and this is how their going to get alot of money and then the WHOLE kuwait issue will be solved by a simple pre ejaculation to get ppl then iraq hits with a high RV and kuwait has alot of cheddar JMO

agreed... this was discussed earlier.. lol... kuwait doing this to get some cheddar and i believe thats how the kuwait situation is being handled... JMO

I would like to add that the fact that there is no spread, indicates that they are not expecting or willing to sell IQD at all. They are solely expecting people to offer to sell their IQD's to the Bank.

I would like to add that the fact that there is no spread, indicates that they are not expecting or willing to sell IQD at all. They are solely expecting people to offer to sell their IQD's to the Bank.

yessir... lots of people were thinking about taking some over there and trading out and holding a few for a rainy day... they can not RV at .35..... too much oil and alot of countries would be pissed.... something has happened or happening right now...

Auction results are posted for 1/11/11 as I have posted already above, and that is my point, auctions were held at the rate of 1170, no change so the rates will show the same when they change the date.

CBI should have already posted??? The CBI normally will change the indicative rates between noon and 2pm Bagdad time, so they are still within their normal operating time limits, CBI info is usually posted earlier and then the rates change later.

Auction results are posted for 1/11/11 as I have posted already above, and that is my point, auctions were held at the rate of 1170, no change so the rates will show the same when they change the date.

CBI should have already posted??? The CBI normally will change the indicative rates between noon and 2pm Bagdad time, so they are still within their normal operating time limits, CBI info is usually posted earlier and then the rates change later.

link to that auctoin with date?

Don't the auctions reflect what has already taken place?

And the new rate posted would be for the coming 24 hour period?

Maybe I am wrong?

"D"

right i just saw that... my bad sorry

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (1811)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 11-JAN-2011. The results were as follows:

Details Notes

Number of banks 21

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 227,896,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 227,896,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

Exchange rates

Dollar's exchange rates / in Baghdad markets

It's been debunked from boots on the ground. While it does and still does say .1 on there website it has been confirmed by kuwati citizen to be untrue. He went to the bank. It was in error. Waiting for more confirmation, but one is enough to make me sleep ok.