Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Guns don't kill people

dinarded

In the UK, the BIG issue is "Knife Crimes." They can't blame guns over there, because the government has stripped their citizens of guns so NOW they are "BATTLING" knife crimes.

When will the WORLD figure out that it's PEOPLE THAT KILL PEOPLE and NOT the instrument that they choose to use!!!!????

http://www.knifecrimes.org/uk-knife-crime-victims.html

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

In the UK, the BIG issue is "Knife Crimes." They can't blame guns over there, because the government has stripped their citizens of guns so NOW they are "BATTLING" knife crimes.

When will the WORLD figure out that it's PEOPLE THAT KILL PEOPLE and NOT the instrument that they choose to use!!!!????

Yeah but kind of hard to kill/knife 20 people in the space of a minute!!! People need to understand that there are mentally ill people in the US who listen to all of the hate speech, political rhetoric, crosshairs on maps, etc. and that their words have power. Sometimes that power is to tip someone over the edge and commit a crazy act like killing completely innocent people, BTW including an absolutely adorable 9 year old child. You might feel differently if that was YOUR child shot to death for absolutely no reason whatsoever!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

Could you just clarify for me , who you are calling morons?

Im referring to the report from the UK. Them taking their guns, now it'll be the knives and then the cars once they are used for killings. Those are the morons.....The government across the pond. Make the people completely dependant on the government and think they will protect everyone in every way. Give me a break.....Trying to make a utopia or something over there and its being tried over here also.

• Upvote 1

Im referring to the report from the UK. Them taking their guns, now it'll be the knives and then the cars once they are used for killings. Those are the morons.....The government across the pond. Make the people completely dependant on the government and think they will protect everyone in every way. Give me a break.....Trying to make a utopia or something over there and its being tried over here also.

Well i am from the UK, and even though i would like to own a gun as i have enjoyed shooting all my adult life, whilst serving in the Army and working as a contractror, i have never felt the need to have one for my own saftey whilst home in UK.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Well i am from the UK, and even though i would like to own a gun as i have enjoyed shooting all my adult life, whilst serving in the Army and working as a contractror, i have never felt the need to have one for my own saftey whilst home in UK.

What about your right as a law abiding citizen to own a firearm? Oh right, you are a subject, not a citizen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let's look at the facts: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita

Out of 62 countries ranked for homicide, the US is number #24, while the UK is ranked #46 and our Canadian friends are #44. Sandy lives in a MUCH safe country than we do. If you look, out of the first world countries, the US has the highest ranking (except maybe Costa Rica). I agree that if someone is out to kill someone they will find a way. But the facts prove that a strict gun control law DOES lowers muders per capita. You can say anything you want, but the facts are the facts.

I grew up around firearms all my life. I own several myself. But I'd give mine up in a heart beat if I knew the ******* down the street probably doesn't have one either. Pls don't mark me as a liberal or hater of the #2 Amendment. I love America...I just love Americans more and want to find a better way so we stop killing each other.

What about your right as a law abiding citizen to own a firearm? Oh right, you are a subject, not a citizen.

I'm not sure what that is suppose to mean, but I think it was intended to be rude. If it wasn't for the Brits, you'd be speaking possibly German, French, Russian or Japanese right now. They have fought with us on every major (and most minor) military operation in the last hundred years. Shame on you. :angry:

Pls withdraw that statement and act like a Gentleman or Lady.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Yes let's look at the facts. If you go to that same website and look up firerarm related murders per capita both the uk and canada make the top 32 while the usa, with more private gun owners than any other nation, does not make that list.

• Upvote 3

We are all kinda subjects when you think about it. Since when has our government really did what we the people want them to do.

And Tiff I can see where your coming from "I'd give mine up in a heart beat if I knew the ******* down the street probably doesn't have one either." But coming from a family of hunters that wouldn't be workable for us and others like us. :)

I just think we need tougher laws and punishment for crimes.

Your probably not for the death penalty but I am. I don't think criminals are afraid to get caught anymore. JMHO

Yes let's look at the facts. If you go to that same website and look up firerarm related murders per capita both the uk and canada make the top 32 while the usa, with more private gun owners than any other nation, does not make that list.

I'm having a tough time understanding your logic Sir. In the UK, they only allow firearms out when one goes hunting...otherwise they are locked up. So only a very small percentage of residents (oops was I suppose to say subjects?) are allowed to carry firearms...so naturally the numbes would be skewed when they do commit murders. You have to look at the overall population for murders per capita to understand the big picture. Strict gun control means less people are murderer per captial There is no other facts to consider. Elvis has left the building. By the way, I've lived in the UK for several years, went to grade school there.

Tex...I understand what you are saying about hunting. But people in Canada and the UK also hunt...it's just that they put their guns up at an approve armory when they are done. And guess what, no body seems to mine, and a lot less people die.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Sir, you have insulted my Queen...I'm a dual citizen of both America and the UK. My father is a COL in the US AF and my mother a British subject. I find your behavior both demeaning and extremely rude. I only wish I were able to meet with you personally so I could look you in the eye and say that to your face. It is people like you that the Europeans are talking about when they label us "Ugly American". Good Day Sir...I hope you are proud of who and what you represent.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Tex...I understand what you are saying about hunting. But people in Canada and the UK also hunt...it's just that they put their guns up at an approve armory when they are done. And guess what, no body seems to mine, and a lot less people die.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't quit laughing about that. :lol:

Ok just imagine a gorilla pounding his chest...... that is my husband when he talks about his guns. :lol::lol:

Forget the trophy wife, it's all about his guns around here :P

Sir, you have insulted my Queen...I'm a dual citizen of both America and the UK. My father is a COL in the US AF and my mother a British subject. I find your behavior both demeaning and extremely rude. I only wish I were able to meet with you personally so I could look you in the eye and say that to your face. It is people like you that the Europeans are talking about when they label us "Ugly American". Good Day Sir...I hope you are proud of who and what you represent.

Actually I am very proud.

The only thing the French really ever got right was their handling of their royalty.

As far as the ugly American thing, when I start caring what Europe thinks, maybe that will have an impact.

Its obvious I am upsetting you and since you probably have to face Buckingham Palace soon and drop to your knees and pray, I will make this my last word on this topic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry Tiff, I believe that those that want to get away with a crime will not use their own weapons!

Let's think about this logically. Those that want to be caught or could just care less may fit into your way of thinking. Problem with that is over 87% of the crimes comitted are by people that don't want to be caught!

Most people who are thinking about commiting a crime already know that if you use your own stuff then you increase the chances of it leading back to you! In other words, don't go buy a gun at the local Wal-mart and then use it in a crime!!! The word DUH comes to mind. :blink: You go steal it from somebody else or just purchase one from your local drug dealer/black market that was stolen from someone else!

This happens every day! The nut job in AZ, had no intention of getting away! Blaming the guns or knives for the outcome does not make since! Let me put it this way! Say you were stranded on a deserted island with 50 people with guns & knives that were trying to do you harm, and you had the option of taking away either the guns or the 50 people....... :o

The sad thing is, there are people out there that would have chosen to take the guns away..... :(

• Upvote 2

Yeah but kind of hard to kill/knife 20 people in the space of a minute!!! People need to understand that there are mentally ill people in the US who listen to all of the hate speech, political rhetoric, crosshairs on maps, etc. and that their words have power. Sometimes that power is to tip someone over the edge and commit a crazy act like killing completely innocent people, BTW including an absolutely adorable 9 year old child. You might feel differently if that was YOUR child shot to death for absolutely no reason whatsoever!

My mother and sister were killed by a coward who had a gun.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/117549/VIOLENCE-CLAIMS-UTAH-BOUND-MOM-AND-DAUGHTER-10-IN-SAUDI-ARABIA.html

That coward killed my sister with a gun, and the police shot my mother.

You won't find a bigger propoment of carrying a firearm than me.

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, period.

People can and will kill and hurt others, regardless of what you do. But firearms can and are used by millions of people who could not defend themselves without them. Firearms do more good than harm.

Semper Fidelis

Kent

• Upvote 1

Quote below.

I'm not sure what that is suppose to mean, but I think it was intended to be rude. If it wasn't for the Brits, you'd be speaking possibly German, French, Russian or Japanese right now. They have fought with us on every major (and most minor) military operation in the last hundred years. Shame on you. :angry:

Pls withdraw that statement and act like a Gentleman or Lady.

Actually, if it was not for the American GI, US Navy, US Coast gaurd and the Army air corps, They would all be speaking German in Europe and GB.

The Marines fought for freedom in the Pacific. :twocents:

• Upvote 1

Actually, if it was not for the American GI, US Navy, US Coast gaurd and the Army air corps, They would all be speaking German in Europe and GB.

The Marines fought for freedom in the Pacific. :twocents:

Kind Sir, pls understand that I hold no ill will towards the American military mark on history, the brave men and women who have served our country so bravely over the past 230 years. My father is a COL in the AF who has served in both Iraq and Afghanastan. My Uncles served in Nam, my grandfathers both American and British served in WWII, & my Great Grandfather in WWI. I come from a long, distinguished and very proud military family. However, if the Brits had not fought so gallantry along with the French resistance during the years of 1939-1941, before the Americans entered the war, I can assure you, the Americans would not have been able to fight single handedly against the Japanese, Italians and Germans. Our honorable Canadian, Aussies, & Kiwis allies also provided unending support. We may be the sole Superpower today but we would not have had the opportunity without our such strong bonds with such fearless allies. As a proud American, I can only ask that you give credit where credit is due and be willing to appreciate those who stood by us when such evil knocked upon our door.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think the gun helps though, don't you?

Edited by MrRich
  • Upvote 1

Sorry Tiff, I believe that those that want to get away with a crime will not use their own weapons!

Let's think about this logically. Those that want to be caught or could just care less may fit into your way of thinking. Problem with that is over 87% of the crimes comitted are by people that don't want to be caught!

Most people who are thinking about commiting a crime already know that if you use your own stuff then you increase the chances of it leading back to you! In other words, don't go buy a gun at the local Wal-mart and then use it in a crime!!! The word DUH comes to mind. :blink: You go steal it from somebody else or just purchase one from your local drug dealer/black market that was stolen from someone else!

This happens every day! The nut job in AZ, had no intention of getting away! Blaming the guns or knives for the outcome does not make since! Let me put it this way! Say you were stranded on a deserted island with 50 people with guns & knives that were trying to do you harm, and you had the option of taking away either the guns or the 50 people....... :o

The sad thing is, there are people out there that would have chosen to take the guns away..... :(

Sir, I thank you for approaching this discussion with courtsey and logic. You are a Gentleman. May I engage you in a discussion base soley on logic? I say logic, because I wish to dispense with emotion. As an American we are both fully aware of our rights to bear arms. However, that was based on the fact that the militia of the time wished to be able to defend themselves against imperial agression. I hope we can agree that we no longer have that concern.

Based on logic, why is it that Americans wish to maintain the use of privately held firearms; 1. Because they wish to hunt. 2. Because they wish to take part in target practice or similar hobbies. 3. For self protection. Is there others? If not, may we continue? If an individual wishes to bear arms for reason 1 or 2, then what is the harm of keeping the firearm locked up in a secured armory, similar to what the military does with their weapons. When you wish to take them out for recreational/hunting use, you are allowed to do so. However, if it is because of reason number 3, ahh then the facts stare one in the face. If you have a strict gun control law...less people die. period. You have your right to your opinion but you can not change the facts. See my stats/facts above. You in essence extinguish the reason for number 3 by having a strinct gun control policy. By the way, I love to eat elk, turkey and pheasants. I love to target practice...I bet I can outshoot about any one of you that isn't currently in the military with my 357, 12 guage or 30x6. But at the end of the day, I'm willing to put my toys away and go home.

Do I think I convinced any of you to turn in your guns... absoluely not. But I stood up for what I believe in and didn't back down.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1