Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

10,000 Iraqi's in the streets celebrating

elv780

Tens of thousands have taken to the streets of the Iraqi city An-Najaf to attend a rally in support of the radical Shia leader Muqtada as-Sadr, who has returned from Iran.

According to different news agencies, as-Sadr has urged the Iraqis to resist the invaders of Iraq and counter the United States, but not necessarily with deadly force.

The as-Sadr movement is in control of 40 of the 70 seats in the Iraqi Parliament.

Earlier as-Sadr commanded a paramilitary Shia organization, the Mahdi Army, whose fighters resisted the international occupational force in Iraq in 2004.

http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/01/08/39053645.html

another link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110108/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq

Iraqi cleric says followers still resisting US

NAJAF, Iraq – Anti-American cleric Muqtada al-Sadr said Saturday his followers in Iraq were still resisting the U.S. "enemy" with all means, including military. But he tempered his fiery words by saying the new Iraqi government should be given a chance to get American forces out of the country in a "suitable" way.

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 1

Sadr could potentially help our cause. The powers that be are all too aware of what he is capable of, and as such, may be inclined to speed things along all the more. If these tens of thousands of followers were to see a RV and the following prosperity it would bring, they may be less likely to put their faith in a madman. Simply mho.

• Upvote 1

As i said before in another related post abt his return, "A storm is a brewing". We might be in for a real bumpy ride, hopefully this RV happens real quick. that's all i'm gonna say

JMHO: This ride has been bumpy the whole way, and the RV hasn't happened quick but I like the sound of a brew :blink: Go RV!

• Upvote 1

Sadr could potentially help our cause. The powers that be are all too aware of what he is capable of, and as such, may be inclined to speed things along all the more. If these tens of thousands of followers were to see a RV and the following prosperity it would bring, they may be less likely to put their faith in a madman. Simply mho.

I totally agree! He must not be underestimated. Let's hope that the "powers that be" really realize this!

I don't think we should be concerned about Moqtada Al Sadr returning to Iraq, because he doesn't have that big of an influence in Iraq anymore (which I never thought he did to begin with). When the big key players in Iraq decide on something, Moqtada has to agree because he has no other choice. After all, if the US didn't give him the green light to comeback he would've never came back, and the deal is:" you can come back to your homeland, but you go but what we say!!!

Personal Opinion. :)

I don't think we should be concerned about Moqtada Al Sadr returning to Iraq, because he doesn't have that big of an influence in Iraq anymore (which I never thought he did to begin with). When the big key players in Iraq decide on something, Moqtada has to agree because he has no other choice. After all, if the US didn't give him the green light to comeback he would've never came back, and the deal is:" you can come back to your homeland, but you go but what we say!!!

Personal Opinion. :)

respect your opinion but stronly disagree with it. Read the following exerpt from a news release........

The radical cleric's comments Saturday came in his first public speech in Iraq since his self-imposed exile to Iran nearly four years ago.

He told the crowd of thousands to "reject America" and urged his followers to "target only the occupier with all means of resistance."

He said Iraqis should not kill Iraqis.

Read more:

In my opinion, he's telling his followers to KILL American soldiers. Do you see it another way? His words seem pretty clear to me.

Things are so tenuous right now in Iraq that the LAST thing this emerging government needs is a bee in their bonnet. IMO sadr is a big ole wasp ready to sting.