Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Today might be the day

bikertrash

Take this for what it is.......a Rumor

Geopolitical situation in Iraq

IMF is taking over January 7th

For GOI to save face, the need to make the announcement of the RV, which in history has been made at Mosques for major events. He expects Iraq to make the announcement tomorrow morning at Mosques.

IMF has said that if they take over, that they will RV it this weekend.

The call for the currencies to come in has to be huge indicator of RV within hours or days

The Smart cards have been distributed at 250 rate and the people are pissed bc they have no buying power until RV occurs.

Strategic standpoint in the region….. The value has to maintain value within the region…. It has to be within the limit of the Kuwaiti Dinar. RI is $3.22 base rate and prewar dinar value. The RV would be greater than 3.22 but less than the Kuwaiti dinar. Figures it will be closer to 3.50 than 3.22.

If the IMF takes over, you will see an article in the Gazette on Saturday from the IMF. Then at 4pm Sunday CST look on Forex for the new rate. THIS WEEKEND IS THE WEEKEND.

Questions to Mr **:

Is this the first time that the IMF has put Iraq in this position? Is this the last straw? January 7th has been a target date all along. They met the December 31 deadline according to IMF because they guaranteed January 7. Iraq has known that all along that the IMF would take over on January 7, 2011.

Muhammad al Sadr returned today… Does that signify the stability that Iraq is entering? Yes that is exactly what that means. Plus today was a national holiday, parliament met all day.

Has the IMF and UN felt that even though Iraq is pushing this to the last hour, that its been done in good faith? The IMF and UN have allowed the GOI as much room as possible.

Will there be an announcement from Maliki or Shabibi concerning this? He is supposed to be on television at 2pm Iraq time to make announcements.

When will we be able to see this on the banks here in the States? Monday or Tuesday in his opinion.

On a scale of 1-10, where are you with this information? 9+

It is well known that the 7th has been the target date in the banking communities. Do not expect to go to the bank tomorrow. Hopes and is figuring on a full announcement on Forex on Sunday.

Edited by bikertrash
  • Upvote 8

If the "smart cards" were loaded w/1250 dinar before and now they are loaded w/250 dinar, that's a 5 to 1 difference. Could that possibly (OMG) be an indicator of the RV? 5 to 1?

No.

They were loaded at the 1170: 1 usd rate originally. So just over a dollar value.

Now they will be 250 dinar at the new 3 usd+: 1 dinar rate, so $750 worth or so.

Or that's the theory anyway.

Nothing to do with a $5 rate.

• Upvote 1

If the "smart cards" were loaded w/1250 dinar before and now they are loaded w/250 dinar, that's a 5 to 1 difference. Could that possibly (OMG) be an indicator of the RV? 5 to 1?

There is a bank story rumor on another site indicating that 2 high ranking military officers have converted IQD to USD at $5 ... apparently then wired the money home!

• Upvote 1

There is a bank story rumor on another site indicating that 2 high ranking military officers have converted IQD to USD at $5 ... apparently then wired the money home!

LMG...I saw that too, but IF that story was true AND the LTC did have dinar....He would have had more than just 50,000 dinar. That just doesn't make ANY sense. Not jumping on you LMG, it wasn't your story, but there is something that is not quite right with that whole scenario. IT will happen and for a good rate, but that story wasn't adding up.

Take this for what it is.......a Rumor

Geopolitical situation in Iraq

IMF is taking over January 7th

For GOI to save face, the need to make the announcement of the RV, which in history has been made at Mosques for major events. He expects Iraq to make the announcement tomorrow morning at Mosques.

IMF has said that if they take over, that they will RV it this weekend.

The call for the currencies to come in has to be huge indicator of RV within hours or days

The Smart cards have been distributed at 250 rate and the people are pissed bc they have no buying power until RV occurs.

Strategic standpoint in the region….. The value has to maintain value within the region…. It has to be within the limit of the Kuwaiti Dinar. RI is $3.22 base rate and prewar dinar value. The RV would be greater than 3.22 but less than the Kuwaiti dinar. Figures it will be closer to 3.50 than 3.22.

If the IMF takes over, you will see an article in the Gazette on Saturday from the IMF. Then at 4pm Sunday CST look on Forex for the new rate. THIS WEEKEND IS THE WEEKEND.

Questions to Mr **:

Is this the first time that the IMF has put Iraq in this position? Is this the last straw? January 7th has been a target date all along. They met the December 31 deadline according to IMF because they guaranteed January 7. Iraq has known that all along that the IMF would take over on January 7, 2011.

Muhammad al Sadr returned today… Does that signify the stability that Iraq is entering? Yes that is exactly what that means. Plus today was a national holiday, parliament met all day.

Has the IMF and UN felt that even though Iraq is pushing this to the last hour, that its been done in good faith? The IMF and UN have allowed the GOI as much room as possible.

Will there be an announcement from Maliki or Shabibi concerning this? He is supposed to be on television at 2pm Iraq time to make announcements.

When will we be able to see this on the banks here in the States? Monday or Tuesday in his opinion.

On a scale of 1-10, where are you with this information? 9+

It is well known that the 7th has been the target date in the banking communities. Do not expect to go to the bank tomorrow. Hopes and is figuring on a full announcement on Forex on Sunday.

I like that people are saying the IMF is taking over on the 7th, but how do we know? Was it in a legit article, newsstory or something similar or is it all conjecture? It will RV...just when?

• Upvote 2

No one would want this to be more true than I do, and I hope your rumor flies. Just a thought though, it is almost 4pm Iraq time, have not been able to find anything on any Iraq TV news broadcast or web. I have not mentioned this before and probably wont again, I have a close friend driving trucks for Halliburton in Iraq he has not heard anything yet. HOPE it is true... Go R.V.

LMG...I saw that too, but IF that story was true AND the LTC did have dinar....He would have had more than just 50,000 dinar. That just doesn't make ANY sense. Not jumping on you LMG, it wasn't your story, but there is something that is not quite right with that whole scenario. IT will happen and for a good rate, but that story wasn't adding up.

I like that people are saying the IMF is taking over on the 7th, but how do we know? Was it in a legit article, newsstory or something similar or is it all conjecture? It will RV...just when?

That was also my question. There are a lot of things said but nothing to back them. I just think not. We still have a bit of a wait. JMO

NO ONE has ever mentioned the deadline EVER in the history of Dinar World discussions.

This has NO factual backing and anyone that puts any faith in a speculative, non-factual based comment of some assumed EX Senator named Mr PS ..... IMO.... are being mis-led.

That is just my opinion...

• Upvote 3

Ha!

This rumor actually prevented me from purchasing more dinar. I figured, when doing a C.O.D, why would they send out any orders post-RV? I would not fault a company for sending something that they're not getting the similar return of value. Remember, these places exist to make a profit.

With that being said, there was an article on here stating a guy had an order he was watching and it went from initiated and took a step-back in the process. The guy made a call to the fedex and said that the order was pulled back. I hope he is able to clarify if his order shows up today.. I don't think this guy is trying to start a rumor, but likely looking at a small issue and freaking out.

If all that was said on the CC be true.. It was only "believed" that the announcement would be made at a mosque. So, in reality we may not see concrete proof until Sunday when trading resumes.

Also, with all the rumors flying... It seems that this particular weekend is a weekend to watch!