Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

If Three Zeros Deleted

While I am a Newbie to this forum, I have been holding substantial Dinars since 2004.

If the CBI deletes the three zeros, and keeps the same value, you will have a 1 to 1 par with the U.S. Dollar. There would be no reason for an RV. You bought 1 million Dinar with $1,000 USD. Take away the three zeros from 1,000,000 Dinar and you have $1.000 Dinar. The same as the $1,000 USD you paid for it.

I see this as the avenue the CBI will take. The Dinar will become worth more than a Dollar only when theoil reserves are properly inventoried and oil exports actually increse. I don't believe the RV has anything to do with many of the things discussed in the many forums on the web. That's my 2 Cents.

Feel Free to Bash!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

While I am a Newbie to this forum, I have been holding substantial Dinars since 2004.

If the CBI deletes the three zeros, and keeps the same value, you will have a 1 to 1 par with the U.S. Dollar. There would be no reason for an RV. You bought 1 million Dinar with $1,000 USD. Take away the three zeros from 1,000,000 Dinar and you have $1.000 Dinar. The same as the $1,000 USD you paid for it.

I see this as the avenue the CBI will take. The Dinar will become worth more than a Dollar only when theoil reserves are properly inventoried and oil exports actually increse. I don't believe the RV has anything to do with many of the things discussed in the many forums on the web. That's my 2 Cents.

Feel Free to Bash!

makes about as much sense as most things posted here---IMHO

• Upvote 1

Feel Free to Bash!

I agree........If CBI deletes the three zeros and keeps the same value, you will have 1.167 dinar to 1.000 dollar - and the deletion of 000's - that would be the RV.

This way they will save millions and millions and will not create a new class of dinar-rich millionairs......I don't know. Can they just do that? What happens with the US

Treasury and all those other countries invested in Iraq?

I agree........If CBI deletes the three zeros and keeps the same value, you will have 1.167 dinar to 1.000 dollar - and the deletion of 000's - that would be the RV.

This way they will save millions and millions and will not create a new class of dinar-rich millionairs......I don't know. Can they just do that? What happens with the US

Treasury and all those other countries invested in Iraq?

No, that would be a "redenomination" a "LOP", "demonitisation", and would require a replacement currency. That would not be a RV "revaluation".

Yes they could do that, there is that possibilty as the worst case risk we face in this speculation. Redenomination is done in cases of high inflation and decreasing value of a currency which does not apply to the IQD IMO. :)

It would be nice...but who says you can retain the same value? :blink:

Nothing nice about a LOP

• Upvote 2

Feel Free to Bash!

Obviously that's not what we want to see and one thing to keep in mind is that doing this LOP does not promote investment and they need foreign investors very badly and if they indeed do this one has to ask, why didn't you just do this in 2006 why wait now. Trust me, this would do a number on their reputation globally but it might just go down like that!

The money is supply is out of hand...Trillions...They worked off the inflation and now its time to work off the money supply. A couple of theories how they will do it but until they actually do it, we won't know.

No bashing here, we have to keep an open mind to all possibilities. Thanks for the thread.

No, that would be a "redenomination" a "LOP", "demonitisation", and would require a replacement currency. That would not be a RV "revaluation".

Yes they could do that, there is that possibilty as the worst case risk we face in this speculation. Redenomination is done in cases of high inflation and decreasing value of a currency which does not apply to the IQD IMO. :)

I know that, but since we are dealing with Iraq....you just never know.

About the redomination - you are right, I am sorry. That would not be an RV at all.....

I hope the best will happen for all of us.

Feel Free to Bash!

Ok you asked for it. A LOP devalues the currency, so it would NOT be on par with the USD, it would be even more worthless than the unvalued program rate of 1:1170... please do you homework before you get everyone worked up in a tizzy,,,you cant just take 000`s off and make them disappear, the value on the market would reflect the strength of the currency regardless of the numeric value on the face of the bill.

They could LOP... BUT

You bought a 5,000 IQD note for $4.2

LOP the zeros off, and you have a 5 IQD note worth $4.2

THE NOTE DOES NOT SAY '5 IQD', IT STILL SAYS 5000 IQD, YOU NEED ANOTHER NOTE ISSUED FOR THIS LOP.

You also picked up a 50 IQD note for $0.04

UHOH, NO THREE ZEROS TO LOP, WHAT NOW?

A. MOVE THE DECIMAL OVER TO MAKE .05, BUT THE NOTE STILL SAYS 50 IQD, NEED ANOTHER NOTE HERE TOO!!

B. CONSIDER IT 50 IQD AND THIS BILL IS NOW WORTH 100 TIMES LESS TO EXCHANGE, BUT ON THE NOTE 10 TIMES MORE TO BUY SOMETHING???