Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Buying smaller denom notes if LOP occurs

jrcrna

Hey all, I dont want to see a LOP, but if it happens...could we trade in our 25k notes for smaller denoms, then sit and wait for the IQD to rise in value vs the USD? This would probably be a much longer term investment as Iraq brings more of it's natural resources to market and elevates their GDP....

this is an honest question! Please treat it as such. I am trying to think of a plan if they do LOP their currency. jr

This is precisely why the Lop will not occur....

If you were holding 1 mil in 25k IQD notes and your brother was holding 1 mil in 50 IQD notes and they Lop-ed...who would you want to be? You or your brother? Lop just does not make sense...stay grounded in your investment, we are all in this together no matter what denom you hold...when it happens, it will happen!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If you were holding 1 mil in 25k IQD notes and your brother was holding 1 mil in 50 IQD notes and they Lop-ed...who would you want to be? You or your brother? Lop just does not make sense...stay grounded in your investment, we are all in this together no matter what denom you hold...when it happens, it will happen!!!

I agree 100%. But it's Iraq we are dealing with and all the neg. B.S., who know's? I am honestly trying not to be a downer but look at their track record.

thanks for the replies: to completely rule out the LOP is to not look at all the possibilities. I would prefer a RV/RI...but, truth is, none of us really knows.

i was wondering if any dealers out there are prepared for a currency exchange to smaller denoms, or is this not possible?? thanks again, jr

ps. go rv

Why would u trade in 25k currency for lower denoms, if after all a lop to occur it would not make sense to trade n the same amount 25k to 25 dinar note. It would b worth the same. If the lop did occur then ur new 50 dinar note would b worth .050. How many bills would u need then to buy a tv? Lol. It would be like trying to buy a tv in the US with sacks full of quarters.

Why would u trade in 25k currency for lower denoms, if after all a lop to occur it would not make sense to trade n the same amount 25k to 25 dinar note. It would b worth the same. If the lop did occur then ur new 50 dinar note would b worth .050. How many bills would u need then to buy a tv? Lol. It would be like trying to buy a tv in the US with sacks full of quarters.

parkerpjb, b/c there might be a limited amount of time that the CBI would accept the larger denoms, and i might want to still own the IQD as a longer term investment in the country. jr

I will email ALI with DT, and post his answer here...since it seems like few want to consider this option, and fewer still have a real answer. jr

• Upvote 2

I am not a saying a lop will happen but there is a possibility that they will lop first and then introduce the lower denominations did anyone think about that? Is that a possibility? I really don't want that to happen! Please let me know. :)

I am not a saying a lop will happen but there is a possibility that they will lop first and then introduce the lower denominations did anyone think about that? Is that a possibility? I really don't want that to happen! Please let me know. :)

I think they should rv first before LOP

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I was wondering about the denominations re a lop and it would have to affect all Iraqi bills.....You would hope that a crooked government/country would not want to lop BUT look at Mexico! They pulled a lop! I invested a lot of money into a 4 dollar stock because it had been valued at more than 15 dollars. It dropped to 3 dollars and I got nervous cuz it slowly kept falling so I pulled out....lost some money. Then about 6 months later it shot to more than 17 dollars. I would have made more than 30K. I was sick. So this is my advice....sit back and relax! You never know which way the money will truly go until it gets there!

Hey all, I dont want to see a LOP, but if it happens...could we trade in our 25k notes for smaller denoms, then sit and wait for the IQD to rise in value vs the USD? This would probably be a much longer term investment as Iraq brings more of it's natural resources to market and elevates their GDP....

this is an honest question! Please treat it as such. I am trying to think of a plan if they do LOP their currency. jr

It would all depend on if people here can get those smaller denoms in time enough to exchange your bills before the bigger bills are deemed worthless.......

IF there was a LOP, ALL current IQD would be replaced with a completely new currency, not just certain denoms. :blink:

I think they should rv first before LOP

:blink::blink::blink: what??? :blink::blink::blink:

• Upvote 1

T hey may have this in mind, ....turn in all billswith ,,,,000 zeros within a specified time,,,, and they will pay face value, 1dollarr for 1170 dinar ..... aftertime period is up they are no longer valid........... basicly you get your money back............... this is the harsh reality we are all facing........I am going to hang in there till the bitter end........ hoping for the best,,,but may have to settle for maybe triple my investment from the get go Blast me if you want,,,,,,, this is the way I read it at this juncture,,, I am not suggesting anyone do anything rash.........when they extended protection six months they set a target date in june for... R... V ... ,,,,,,INTHE MEAN TIME THEY ARE GOING TO BPULL BACK ON OUTSTANDING CURRENCY ( 25 TRILLION TO 25 BILLION ) BY BUYING BACK LARGE NOTES ,,,,,,,THATS WHAT THEY ARE SAYING,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SORRY

I`mm going to get slammed

Again, an expert tells us why a LOP cannot occur. Too bad he has no clue how a redenomination works.

Do you realize that a lop involves exchanging the ENTIRE old series of currency with an ENTIRELY new series of currency?

You would exchange your 1 million in 25k notes for 1,000 newIQD. Your brother would exchange his 1 million in 50 iqd notes for 1,000 newIQD.

Here is a fact for you. A lop has occurred in dozens of countries over the last few decades. You did not find the flaw in lop theory which allowed you to claim “This is precisely why the Lop will not occur....”.

• Upvote 2

I have a Question, I see everyone is asking about their 25k and 50k notes, I have 1.5million in 5k notes will i have the same amount of time to exchange if an lop takes place?

Yes. If there was a lop, ALL of the old series notes have to be exchanged for new series notes.

so, does anyone have an answer to my question?? no i am not piss poor, just honestly considering all options, and planning accordingly. jr

I think what people are trying to say is this: If it LOPS, it won't matter what denoms you have because they will all change in value, not just the larger denoms. It is impossible to change the value of one note and not all the others. It would be an accounting nightmare. That is why you hear about a new currency being printed along with dropping the 3 zeroes. The two would go hand in hand.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the replies: to completely rule out the LOP is to not look at all the possibilities. I would prefer a RV/RI...but, truth is, none of us really knows.

i was wondering if any dealers out there are prepared for a currency exchange to smaller denoms, or is this not possible?? thanks again, jr

ps. go rv

IF there is a Lop and we have a certain amount of time to exchange our dinars I am sure the dealers will have a plan to exchange our dinars for us.....for another fee.

I am not sold on the fact that there will be no lop either. I remember last year so many said there would be no way that Iraq could have in country and now I see that more people are agreeing that is a possibility. Nothing is set in stone and they can do what they want with their dinars and our as far as value and worth.

:)