Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I admit to changing my opinion of this investment on a weekly basis. So, I've said so up front! The past couple days I have been thinking:

"What if we were the ones sitting on oil?"

"What if a country came in and bombed our country, killing out families and taking out our buildings and military?"

Would it then be ok with us, as Americans, to allow the enemy to invest in our currency and then revalue it to make them rich? This isn't a hundred years after they buried their dead. How would the Iraqi people feel toward their government if they allowed us to take so much of their oil profits.

I just keep asking "WHY would Iraq hand over their money to us?"

For those of you who say "They have no choice." I definately disagree. Obama himself pronounced them a sovereign state.

For those of you who say "They will benefit from it.." I cannot imagine how they could possibly benefit more than putting the $ in their own country, their own schools, hospitals, roads.

I've also heard it said that it's been planned to save the world from the economic mess it's in. First, Iraq IS in a mess themselves! They have an entire country to rebuild. Also I've not seen any proof that this is the PLAN, only people's ideas.

I've never been a Lopster before, but I'm definately seeing this as a very real possibility. It is increasingly making the most sense. I am not trying to be negative, but attempting to seek truth. I look forward to reading mature responses - and no my dinar are not for sale.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The United States saved Iraq from a ****-TATOR, and liberated the country. Were not the enemy, the Iraqi people have more freedom now than every before because of the U.S. And the majority of the Iraqi citizens recognize that.

I believe there are some that agree with this, but others see that we destroyed their country. My son-in-law is a Marine and has done three tours. His take is that most of them hate Americans.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

For those of you who say "They have no choice." I definately disagree. Obama himself pronounced them a sovereign state.

I sure hope you don't base your views on this investment on what Obama says. This whole "sovereignty" thing is a joke. They're still an occupied country and have their finances controlled by foreign interests in regards to sanctions, debt relief, acceptance into the WTO ... etc.

• Upvote 2

I sure hope you don't base your views on this investment on what Obama says. This whole "sovereignty" thing is a joke. They're still an occupied country and have their finances controlled by foreign interests in regards to sanctions, debt relief, acceptance into the WTO ... etc.

I'm a Republican and don't believe much of what Obama says (or any politician for that matter), but it was pretty clear to me that they have moved to an independant state, with us as a crutch. I just don't believe we have as much control over their money as we'd like to think. So Rich, do you believe Iraq will RV?

I think the discussion in this thread is forgetting one thing:

Whoever controls the money controls the outcome, not only in Iraq but everywhere...the CBI like our Federal Reserve Bank is privately owned by the world's largest banking families such as the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, etc....in the big picture, Iraq is just a pawn, but then so is the USA!!!

• Upvote 3

I believe there are some that agree with this, but others see that we destroyed their country. My son-in-law is a Marine and has done three tours. His take is that most of them hate Americans.

I have several friends that are marines as well, on the ground and I've heard the complete opposite. They've come back with stories of how they are practically worshiped. But it's very possible that some areas have different reactions.

GodBless your son in law... and Happy New Year!

• Upvote 1

First and foremost, Iraqi's should not hold animosity towards the rest of the world. We took down a murderous regime who lived in opulance while his people lived in squalor. Secondly they have oil we have everything else that they need, mainly food. They cannot build squat with there limited technology and lack of natural resources (other than oil). There are limitless contracts waiting to be executed by US contractors, with the only holdup being Iraq's lack of funds to pay said contractors due to their presently worthless currency.

Everyone should sit tight. Something has to give and hopefully will soon enough.

• Upvote 1

I have several friends that are marines as well, on the ground and I've heard the complete opposite. They've come back with stories of how they are practically worshiped. But it's very possible that some areas have different reactions.

GodBless your son in law... and Happy New Year!

Thank you. It's been a couple years since he's been there, and he was in a tough area for sure. My brother is also a Maine, but not been in Iraq. Thank you for sharing your take on this.

First and foremost, Iraqi's should not hold animosity towards the rest of the world. We took down a murderous regime who lived in opulance while his people lived in squalor. Secondly they have oil we have everything else that they need, mainly food. They cannot build squat with there limited technology and lack of natural resources (other than oil). There are limitless contracts waiting to be executed by US contractors, with the only holdup being Iraq's lack of funds to pay said contractors due to their presently worthless currency.

Everyone should sit tight. Something has to give and hopefully will soon enough.

I appreciate your encouragement, but have my doubts that it will be any time soon.