Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Currency Auction 1/2/2011 DOC31

cgbrown

Announcement No. (1805)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 30-DEC-2010. The results were as follows:Details Notes

Number of banks 10

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 108,400,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 108,400,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

Why didn't it say as of Jan. 02, or 01, instead of Dec. 30th...... previously it was showing Dec. 29th....... but then that was the last auction before they shut down for their religious worship. I wasn't expecting to see any for Dec. 30th since they were closed that day anyway.

I suppose this means they are just catching up from being down due to 'limited bandwidth".

According to the pdf on the currency auctions there was a sale on December 30th. It looks like they just updated the main page for the last recorded auction. Also according to the pdf, there was no auction for the 31st, 1st or today.

I would still enjoy hearing any thoughts Doc has on the matter.

I still cannot pull up the CBI website.

Is there anyone physically in Iraq that can tell us if the bank was indeed closed today? I am in Kuwait, and the weekends for arab countries are usually friday and saturday. Work begins again on Sunday. This makes me think CBI should be open today, but if is not then all the more reason to speculate.

Does anyone have the link on the 2011 budget? Is the RV factored into it? If not then some of the things the 'gurus' say may hold water, even if it is HOT water.

No CBI Currency Auction 1/2/2011 - 72 hr setup, banquet

Posted on PD by Doc31

The biggest news of the day that I see ... is that there is NO Currency Auction.

While I have quickly searched the site ... I don't see a holiday, a bank holiday, or a bank maintenance day.

What I do see is that the site has been caught up to Dec 30th AND the pdf file has been caught up to TODAY and it is a "NO AUCTION" day ... and yes, there is supposed to be!

The next scheduled holiday is January 6th ... Army day

Obviously oil and gold markets aren't open at this hour but markets closed Friday at:

Spot Oil~$92.35 ... an EOY rally not sell off

Spot Gold $1421.60 ... a near record

Zeroes ... well there wasn't a sale Friday, Sat, Sunday so we are holding

Yesterday a couple of folks weren't happy with me for posting something funny in rumors ... the point was that as far as I'm concerned there was little (very little) to talk about ... at least in the morning when I posted it.

For you conspiracy theorists ... here's your setup ... 72hrs of NO AUCTIONS ... no apparent reason for a NO AUCTION ... the Iraqis overdue to RI/RV (understatement of the year ... mark that down on your calendars), a chat post this morning of Okie reporting that the White House was involved in the delay ... I read it quickly but the jist of it is that the Bush tax cuts contained something regarding a $45K-$49K income cap ... but he lost me at "sheepherder" ... the Bush tax cuts? You mean the one prior to 9/11 ... if it contains something about the IQD or a foreign currency increasing ... well that is a HUGE revelation and tells us something of a real conspiracy nature ... but ... my better guess is what I've been questioning for some time now ... to enable 2011 tax law enacted with Obamacare to kick in.

Anyway, it's a conspiracy theorist banquet this morning ... next to no info and a Zantac setup! ... you are on your own here.

I'll pop in after church if I see something.

Peace to all

Doc31

The biggest news of the day that I see ... is that there is NO Currency Auction.

Anyway, it's a conspiracy theorist banquet this morning ... next to no info and a Zantac setup! ... you are on your own here.

I'll pop in after church if I see something.

Peace to all

Doc31

Thanks, Doc. Love the conspiracy theorist comment. You're a hoot...and you enjoy church and I will too. God bless.

Well if it is still normal for them to not have auction this time then that is fine. It still gives them the down time needed to take care of somethings that might be in the interest of the Iraqi people and us :) More than likely it is just some beginning of the year stuff, but if its not then I might have to do a repeat of new years eve!

We can hope that Monday is the day - or maybe some day next week. I will say though that rumors, speculation, "theories" have worn me OUT! Im putting it away - I'd rather jump out of a perfectly good airplane over and over than bang my head against a wall every day it does not happen when it is supposed to!

Cheers! :lol:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't we be encouraged with fewer banks selling dinars? I believe I mistakenly thought "the greater the volume must equate to a greater interest in the dinar." Now I believe I had it all wrong. I should be more excited about what I now perceive as a greater reliance on the dinar (locally, within Iraq), yes? Please help! My tea leaves have dried up and scattered in the wind! Happy New Year!! C'mon RV, come on baby!!

We can hope that Monday is the day - or maybe some day next week. I will say though that rumors, speculation, "theories" have worn me OUT! Im putting it away - I'd rather jump out of a perfectly good airplane over and over than bang my head against a wall every day it does not happen when it is supposed to!

Cheers! :lol:

I understand that there were no sales Jan 1 in previous years ... that's a given holiday ... but if you will look at the 2nd in previous years it hit on Friday or Saturday in both 2010 and 2009 ... 2008 was still a bit of "wild west" atmosphere and they didn't have auctions for a week!

• Upvote 1