Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The following may explain the reason or one of the reasons we have yet to see the RV

Reminder: Parliament reconvenes January 9th

Article 110: The federal government shall have exclusive authorities in the following matters:

First: Formulating foreign policy and diplomatic representation; negotiating,signing, and ratifying international treaties and agreements; negotiating, signing, and ratifying debt policies and formulating foreign sovereign economic and trade policy.

Second: Formulating and executing national security policy, including establishing and managing armed forces to secure the protection and guarantee the security of Iraq’s borders and to defend Iraq.

Third: Formulating fiscal and customs policy; issuing currency; regulating commercial policy across regional and governorate boundaries in Iraq; drawing up the national budget of the State; formulating monetary policy; and establishing and administering a central bank.

Fourth: Regulating standards, weights, and measures.

Fifth: Regulating issues of citizenship, naturalization, residency, and the right to apply for political asylum.

Sixth: Regulating the policies of broadcast frequencies and mail.

Seventh: Drawing up the general and investment budget bill.

Eighth: Planning policies relating to water sources from outside Iraq and guaranteeing the rate of water flow to Iraq and its just distribution inside Iraq in accordance with international laws and conventions.

Ninth: General population statistics and census.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Yes, on the Third item; the GOI has the right to approve issuance of currency. So, if CBI wants to release smaller denominations and/or anything to deal with currency, they must get approval from the {Parliament (GOI). Since parliament is away and will not be back in session until 1/9, this could be the reason of RV delay....

• Upvote 4

Article 110: The federal government shall have exclusive authorities in the following matters:

First: Formulating foreign policy and diplomatic representation; negotiating,signing, and ratifying international treaties and agreements; negotiating, signing, and ratifying debt policies and formulating foreign sovereign economic and trade policy.

Second: Formulating and executing national security policy, including establishing and managing armed forces to secure the protection and guarantee the security of Iraq’s borders and to defend Iraq.

Third: Formulating fiscal and customs policy; issuing currency; regulating commercial policy across regional and governorate boundaries in Iraq; drawing up the national budget of the State; formulating monetary policy; and establishing and administering a central bank.

Fifth: Regulating issues of citizenship, naturalization, residency, and the right to apply for political asylum.

Eighth: Planning policies relating to water sources from outside Iraq and guaranteeing the rate of water flow to Iraq and its just distribution inside Iraq in accordance with international laws and conventions.

With the reasons highlighted in red and smart cards being loaded on the 10th of January. I really like the 10th for an RV!

;)B):D

Edited by inheritance
  • Upvote 4

Yes, on the Third item; the GOI has the right to approve issuance of currency. So, if CBI wants to release smaller denominations and/or anything to deal with currency, they must get approval from the {Parliament (GOI). Since parliament is away and will not be back in session until 1/9, this could be the reason of RV delay....

The government doesn't decide if a currency is internationally traded, nor does it determine the value of a currency ... just the issuance of a currency .... totally different action/responsibility than re-valuing the currency.

its saying that parlament must sign off on the RV

no its not .... policy and the value of a currency are two different things.

• Upvote 1

Missing the point Cap....

IF the CBI is waiting to RV the currency (and make it trade-able in synchronous with RV) but feel that perhaps they need more smaller denominations released in country first OR need approval to RV from Parliament regardless, then they need to wait for Parliament to adjourn to vote on the request.

• Upvote 1

The government doesn't decide if a currency is internationally traded, nor does it determine the value of a currency ... just the issuance of a currency .... totally different action/responsibility than re-valuing the currency.

Since they will be issuing lower denomination currency at the time of RV, then this article says that the GOI (i.e. parliament) must be involved. 'Formulating monetary policy' is also listed which would encompass the RV/RI. Other stuff I've read says the CBI can do whatever it wants in this regard. However, official articles about removing the 000s usually talk about the government making that decision, not the CBI.

So...in so many words, There's a ton of things that still need to be taken care of. hahaha,

First: Still

Second: Not

Third: Ready

Fourth: As

Fifth: A

Sixth: VERY

Seventh: "YOUNG"

Eighth: Government

You mean to tell me they couldnt take care of years of oppression, dictatorship, war, neglect and sanctions in 1 month?!?!?!

;)

Quit stressing.

It's going to be done on January 4th, 2011.

How do I know this?

What is the source of my intel?

Just Hopin.

We all know how superstitious the Iraqi people are.

What could be better than a partial solar eclipse...?

is this supposed to be funny? Cause if it was a sarcastic comment, damn hilarious!!!

If not...I think thats the most reaching I've seen since Van Dam tried to leverage for the leading role in Shaft.

Then why don't you enlighten them with your vast wealth of knowledge? I for one would love to hear it..

cause he doesn't have any, just needs a reason to ***** and complain, misery loves company and there are a few people who think what he says is funny. I say, If you don't have anything constructive to add, SHUT UP.

is this supposed to be funny? Cause if it was a sarcastic comment, damn hilarious!!!

If not...I think thats the most reaching I've seen since Van Dam tried to leverage for the leading role in Shaft.

Yes, that was sarcasm.

I remember back when the lunar eclipse was

going to happen.

People were saying that the Iraqi's were big on

celestial occurrences and that the eclipse could

be a sign...