Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The current value of the Dinar is approx .0008 per dollar. Wouldn't it make more sense to revalue at .360 per dollar. Even at that value our investment would have paid substantial returns and for those willing to hold past 2012 would most likely see a minimum of 100% ROI. The imbalance of the world economy cannot support a huge overnight RV....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

The current value of the Dinar is approx .0008 per dollar. Wouldn't it make more sense to revalue at .360 per dollar. Even at that value our investment would have paid substantial returns and for those willing to hold past 2012 would most likely see a minimum of 100% ROI.

At whatever rate the CBI and IMF decide to revalue to I will be happy .. but .36 IQD / $1 would be an unbelievable dream. That would bring in $2,780,000 / 1 million IQD. However, I believe you meant to say $ .36 / 1 IQD ( that would be $360,000 / 1 million IQD.) What ever you intended to say , just hang in there and relax ... It will happen when it will happen and not a moment before or at a penny less than it is meant to.

Uncle Barkie :)

• Upvote 1

Just an observation nothing more.....Sorry if I hurt your feelings or diminished your seniority status, didn't mean to.. Thanks for the correction

Don't sweat the haters Wingsof hope , you have the right to ask any questions just like anyone else ( reguardless of how long ago you joined .) Keep the faith and enjoy whatever this investment bring to us!

Uncle Barkie :)

• Upvote 2

Hold on a minute. Wingsofhope made a legitimate point and it's in the proper forum (Opinions ... etc.) Why couldn't the new rate be $.36? Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Qatar are all around $.27. They could RV in this range and then slowly raise it up to $3 in a managed float over a period of years. Why not? I think $.36 is more likely than $3.60 to be honest. My guess is that it will be over a dollar because they want their people using dinars instead of USD but who knows how this thing is going to unfold?

Edited by MrRich
  • Upvote 7

If the only thing that Iraq cared about was giving the people on Dinarvets a reasonable rate of return, then your statement might have some merit.

I am pretty sure they will be a little more concerned about what is best for them. So I will guess $8.00 just to balance this post.

I love it when someone joins this site days ago and posts! Keep you opinion to yourself! Lets see facts!

I'm with you. Do your research before you post your opnion.

Excuse Me!!!!!

For those of you who are telling this poster to keep his opinion to himself, and do his reasearch ...

First of all this IS the opinion forum. If you don't want to listen to an opinion, go elsewhere!

Second, this poster IS doing his reasearch, in part by asking the opinion of other investors who perhaps have more on which to base an opinion.

I am really surprised at the amount of intolerance and disrespect that gets shown here. Especially in a group of people I thought were mainly Christian defender of freedom. What? Once you are a vet, out of the service, you no longer have to uphold anyone's freedom ... to have and opinion, to post it, to ask questions? That's not the kind of military person, active or vet, I am used to and I suspect a lot of others find it insulting to other military vets too.

smee2

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

THANK YOU...AS A BUSINESS OWNER AND FINANCIAL OFFICER, RUNNING A COUNTRY IS NO DIFFERENT THAT RUNNING A BUSINESS. IF YOU HAVE THE APPROVAL TO VALUE AT 3.22 WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU COME OUT AT A SELL PRICE EQUAL TO THE APPROVAL. YOU WOULD START AT .30 OR .50 AND GET AS MANY SELLERS AS POSSIBLE. ONCE YOU SEE IT LEVEL OFF RAISE IT BY 20 OR 30% AND SO ON UNTIL YOU ACHIEVE THE APPROVED RATE. BUILD YOUR RESERVES AND RISK NOTHING, ITS SIMPLE MANAGEMENT 101........

I'm sorry if you guys get your feelings hurt but this site is meant to engage in discussion. If you have undisputed verifiable facts on the established rate, I would love for anyone to post it. Otherwise please provide me with an educated argument as to why you disagree with me and please stop with the bashing as it serves nothing.

• Upvote 11

THANK YOU...AS A BUSINESS OWNER AND FINANCIAL OFFICER, RUNNING A COUNTRY IS NO DIFFERENT THAT RUNNING A BUSINESS. IF YOU HAVE THE APPROVAL TO VALUE AT 3.22 WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU COME OUT AT A SELL PRICE EQUAL TO THE APPROVAL. YOU WOULD START AT .30 OR .50 AND GET AS MANY SELLERS AS POSSIBLE. ONCE YOU SEE IT LEVEL OFF RAISE IT BY 20 OR 30% AND SO ON UNTIL YOU ACHIEVE THE APPROVED RATE. BUILD YOUR RESERVES AND RISK NOTHING, ITS SIMPLE MANAGEMENT 101........

I'm sorry if you guys get your feelings hurt but this site is meant to engage in discussion. If you have undisputed verifiable facts on the established rate, I would love for anyone to post it. Otherwise please provide me with an educated argument as to why you disagree with me and please stop with the bashing as it serves nothing.

Very well said!

Now, for a question ... is there anything in the "rules" which we all know Iraq will follow to the letter (cough, cough) that restricts how soon they can change the RV value up or down? or by how much? or how often in a given timeframe? It sems to me I read something about that some time ago and cannot remember where, or when, or the details.

Hope you don't mind me asking a question on your question ...

smee2

Hello Smee2, thanks for the response.

Unless there are some recent restrictions that will follow the RV I can see nothing that will prevent the Bank of Iraq from setting there own rate below that approved by the IMF. Once their currency goes "public" there will be no restrictions on exchange even if they issue new currencies. They will do as everyone else and that is to destroy the old currency notes as they are submitted and replace them with the equivalent in new currency regardless of denominations.

I wanted to provide a viable plan to other vets and that is to exchange a small amount at the first running.

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question. They can adjust daily based on sales and orders which are posted on Forex and many other currency sites. Just as the stock market, these currency rates adjust continually throughout the day on all three (3) world markets. There are many day currency traders that make thousands every day trading currency and trust me we all have our eyes focused on the Iraq Dinar and its relation to the Kuwait Dinar and each surrounding country. Kuwait especially since they both share oil wells on the border. Share the oil and share the currency rate we say.

The current value of the Dinar is approx .0008 per dollar. Wouldn't it make more sense to revalue at .360 per dollar. Even at that value our investment would have paid substantial returns and for those willing to hold past 2012 would most likely see a minimum of 100% ROI. The imbalance of the world economy cannot support a huge overnight RV....

Remember, we dinar speculators are only a gnat on the elephant's back in this whole RV. It's mostly about world governments and the trilliions of dinar they hold, and the ultimate balance of power that will result from a successful revaluation. If that calls for $3.86, you can be sure that's what will happen IMO.

I would accept .36 in a heartbeat and never look back. Like the old saying goes...a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. With the volitile atmosphere in the middle east these days, holding on could go "POOF" and then you lose out. Then again it most probably would rise and many would be saying...." if only".

pp

Hold on a minute. Wingsofhope made a legitimate point and it's in the proper forum (Opinions ... etc.) Why couldn't the new rate be $.36? Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Qatar are all around $.27. They could RV in this range and then slowly raise it up to $3 in a managed float over a period of years. Why not? I think $.36 is more likely than $3.60 to be honest. My guess is that it will be over a dollar because they want their people using dinars instead of USD but who knows how this thing is going to unfold?

point well taken,

one thin dime and i'm gone like yesterday

This site is funny. It almost seems like a study on the level of intolerance of others who maybe have a different view than the "majority" at anything in life. This "newbie" vs "senior member" thing sorta sounds like high school where seniors pick on freshmen.

I completely agree with Wingsofhope and a couple days ago posted a simple breakdown of the cost for Iraq to RV at a high rate vs coming in low and increasing in steps over a 3 year period based on the leveling off of the sellers. The cost was threefold to come in at a RV over $3 vs coming in at $.50 and increasing it $.50 every 6 months. From a business persons perspective it makes more sense to come in low and the best part is that coming in low still gives us all the ability to cash out enough to make this a successful investment while sitting on the rest until we feel it has reached it's full value.

Many seem to stand by those who claim they have solid information from high level contacts even those from what we can see they are wrong over and over again but immediately jump all over anyone who simply ask a question to begin a discussion in hopes of gaining knowledge that maybe others possess who have been in this investment longer.

Now who needs a hug? :lol: