Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

More Okie Stuff

spy

Take it for what it is:

Kaperoni Chat: Blaino & Okie 12/29/10

December 29, 2010 By Fred Wilson Leave a Comment

[10:42:26] kaperoni : Let me prove my theory

[10:43:07] kaperoni : Lets say they were going to LOP the “3 zero notes” as some have speculated…(and there wrong..lol)

[10:44:21] kaperoni : Ok, lets say ur an Iraqi and you own 1 million dinar and it is all in 50 notes

[10:45:36] kaperoni : now if a LOP happened, and the 25,000 note became 25

[10:45:58] kaperoni : that iraqi now has only 1000 dinar

[10:46:13] kaperoni : but the guy next door who has 50 notes still has a million

[10:46:26] kaperoni : cause his note did not LOP

[10:46:39] kaperoni : you see what i am saying? not possible

[10:47:09] kaperoni : once the introduction of the note with less than 3 zeros came into play at the current exchange rate, there cannot be a LOP

[10:50:02] kaperoni : i keep looking at Shabibi’s words…i truely feel (this is my opinion) he wants to see the GOI offical which includes Allawi. Though i am optimistic we may see it by the end of the year, i am setting my sites on mid Jan now.

10:47:33] Blaino : Okie did not get calls re: Intel through the night! This is a very good sign as you consider his sources! If they have “No Changes” stance …. well, That is VERY GOOD news! The news is NOT a delay! The news is NOT a change in rate! The news is there is NO NEWS! Rejoice!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

In theory a 50 note would become a nickel. I don't see why this is so hard to comprehend. Pumpers pumping. Makes me sick.

If a LoP would only affect the three zeros as has been mentioned in articles (delete the three zeros) then the fifty note would not be affected! Talk about bad comprehension! There will be no LOP

You know what makes me sick? People that can't read and rely on everybody else to do it for them

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

People often say "the 3 zeroes" because it is illustrative of how the bigger notes would be redenominated. What is really meant by a LOP though is moving the decimal 3 places to the left. So in theory the values would become:

25000 IDQ becomes 25.000 IQD

10000 IQD becomes 10.000 IQD

5000 IQD becomes 5.000 IQD

1000 IQD becomes 1.000 IQD

500 IQD becomes .500 IQD

250 IQD becomes .250 IQD

100 IQD becomes .100 IQD

50 IQD becomes .050 IQD

I don't want a LOP to happen, but that's how it would effect each note.

• Upvote 18
  • Downvote 3

If a LoP would only affect the three zeros as has been mentioned in articles (delete the three zeros) then the fifty note would not be affected! Talk about bad comprehension! There will be no LOP

You know what makes me sick? People that can't read and rely on everybody else to do it for them

That makes absolutely no sense. It doesn't even justify a response, but anyways here goes. How could you reduce the value of a currency, but just some of the bills. Let's take a 100 dollar bill, 50, 20, 10, 5, and 1. Lop a 0 off the 100 now its worth a 10. Makes a lot of sense. Have you ever heard of a fil?? It's 1/1000th of a dinar. Imo what we are holding now will eventually be fils regardless of the size. 25000 will be 25000 fils or 25 dinar, 1000=1000 fils, or 1 dinar, 250=250 fils or .25 dinar, etc. I know its hard to see since its logical but maybe someone here might figure it out.

PS: I do think the IQD will increase against the USD and quite well I might add. BUT it will not be overnight, please prove me wrong!!

Edited by Seff
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

People often say "the 3 zeroes" because it is illustrative of how the bigger notes would be redenominated. What is really meant by a LOP though is moving the decimal 3 places to the left. So in theory the values would become:

500 IQD becomes .500 IQD

250 IQD becomes .250 IQD

100 IQD becomes .100 IQD

50 IQD becomes .050 IQD

Finally!! Some more people who understand how a lop/redenomination works!! Seems there is only a handful here that actually understand the process because the rest rely on ONLY the words of some guru...... I usually like to hear what Kaperoni says cause normally he doesnt spout off BS from the mouth but this chat he made is WAAAYYYYY off base.........

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

Oh yeah, I also failed to mention that in the LOP scenario, the purchasing power of each dinar would be multiplied by 1000, effectively canceling out the decimal shift. The point of the LOP would be to simplify things from a number standpoint, and bring their currency back in line with the rest of the world. No one would lose money under this scenario, but you wouldn't gain anything either. That is, unless the currency rises in value on the open market or is RV'ed from the redemoninated value, which is a strong possibility.

Edited by Revelation
  • Upvote 2

Wow, someone gave me a - for trying to explain how a LOP would effect each note. Not that I care, but what a jerk! :lol:

Yea, same here. I gave you a + to level out. Lots of ppl on this board live in a dream land and won't let any other ideas enter their dense skulls. If you are going to be in this investment, you need to be able to entertain all possibilities of an outcome. I applaud some on here for having a good understanding of this but others should just sell out because if it doesn't RV they are going to have a heart attack.

• Upvote 5

Finally!! Some more people who understand how a lop/redenomination works!! Seems there is only a handful here that actually understand the process because the rest rely on ONLY the words of some guru...... I usually like to hear what Kaperoni says cause normally he doesnt spout off BS from the mouth but this chat he made is WAAAYYYYY off base.........

As I mentioned in an earlier post in the "lop" section, none of this talk about "lop"

should cause so much dissension. It IS a real possibility and no one can deny it.

This is something that should have been considered before one invested, that it is possible they will redenominate

or "lop" along with an RV. It is part of the risk of this investment, but we simply hope it will not be done.

We all want a good RV. We all do not want a "lop", but no one should deny it can happen and stay in denial

by making the statement that it "cannot happen", because it actually can happen. We simply hope it doesn't.

We all need to understand both sides of this investment opportunity, then weigh the good and the possible

bad points and decide ones level of risk taking. My wife and I decided to go for it, but only with money we could afford to lose.

Simple as that, and I pray we all have the outcome we hope for, at the same time I realize it may be far from what we would like it to be.

No one knows, none of these people who try their best to comfort everyone knows. It is all speculation until the event actually occurs.

Then we will know...until then, we face the music and all the questions, and accept whatever the outcome finally is, hopefully it will

be a great outcome...but if not, then we need to accept it with grace and move on. I personally am hoping it will be good for all of us and that just maybe

we all can reach out and help others who have needs around us. Sharing and helping others is what should be the grateful response if this turns out

as good as we hope. If not, we still have so much to be grateful for!

All my best and may the new year coming up hold something special for all of us :)

Jim

---

• Upvote 3

Maybe the GURU title is up for grabs right now...

I just found an advertisement with a search engine IQD search....

Here is the link....

http://toledo.craigslist.org/sls/2134436191.html

• Upvote 3

Has anyone applied yet? :D

If not I think I'm going too sounds like a fun job 8)

Please enter Fun4me here

------------------------

------------------------

Once again LoP's are used for economies that are in hyper inflation which once again Iraq is not in.

Edited by DmsC

500 IQD becomes .500 IQD

250 IQD becomes .250 IQD

100 IQD becomes .100 IQD

50 IQD becomes .050 IQD

This would also affect the banking industry. People with accounts would have 000`s lopped off... there would be riots in the streets. The government wants to move to a cashless smartcard society and this would create distrust in the system. Not to mention that fact that they have low inflaction and the "par value" for the dinar was set artifically low in order to stablize the economy when we invaded to put them on the USD. I doubt they would have a lop, but this is Iraq, nothing surprises me.. the land that logic forgot

Edited by DgreenFSU66
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey Keep, you've certainly changed your tune since your days with Scooter. What gives? You were very optimistic for a while there. What happened?

This would also affect the banking industry. People with accounts would have 000`s lopped off... there would be riots in the streets. The government wants to move to a cashless smartcard society and this would create distrust in the system. Not to mention that fact that they have low inflaction and the "par value" for the dinar was set artifically low in order to stablize the economy when we invaded to put them on the USD. I doubt they would have a lop, but this is Iraq, nothing surprises me.. the land that logic forgot

Because we are seeing the use of both class of denoms in the budget, it is a safe assumption that there will be no LOP. In the event of a LOP, they would simply demonetize the 000 notes and disseminate the lower denoms. In this case, both currency denoms (including JD series 50 and less) are indicated in the budget so as to properly recycle the 000 notes within a reasonable time frame, they will utilize both currency denoms lending to the deduction that the value of the Dinar will not be pre-emptively decreased as a LOP would facilitate. Not to mention that the initials JD in the budget refer only to a single series of currency and that's the lower Denominated bills not yet disseminated. They are screaming revaluation to us from the Budget. I'm content.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://www.pukmedia.com/2009-10-23-12-01-47/11543-2010-12-25-06-25-52&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.pu

http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/2/204696/

Edited by Curtidayne

This is sig line material if there ever was any!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: