Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ChiefV ... from another site

KCT

An email I received via facebook from one of my guys in Iraq who was transiting through the BTC in Baghdad:

I told you I am at the BTC, transfering to Delta. Still here, meet at 730 again to find out when I fly, flying out today. Unless of course it was to RV this weekend while still here then hell no, I’m out.

Anyways… I went to the PX area last night to grab some chow. Found out this bus goes back there, so I get on, sit and wait. Being on there for about ten mins. I came from the gym right before this. While on the bus this kid comes on also. Damn those unibrows, haha.. So I start talking to him. How old, where you from, why out here, etc.. This Iraqi kid said him and his family all live on Stryker and his dad works here. “How does he get paid, American(dollars) or Iraqi?” They pay him in dinar instead of our money for one.

And I also found out that they do have small denomination in circulation that they use to buy stuff. I would have gotten some from him, but he didn’t have any money on him. I asked in America say… a gallon of milk will cost us in dollars like $3-4. How much in Iraqi? He said like 22. “22??” Yes 22.

I asked, “here soon the dollars will equal the dinar. Do you know how much? Do you know when?”

He said, “1.” “1?” “No no…not big small.”

So, “1 Iraqi?” “Yes”

I took that as he meant one for one. I was wishing he had some money on him. I would have given anything I had on me for exchange, so I can send you a pic of it. But had that is everything I found out last night. Tried to get a hold of ya asap to let ya know!!

I also had a Skype chat with one of my other guys at Baghdad last night and he mentioned to me that through an Iraqi contact that he has that the retired and elderly have already been paid, not through the Smart Card program but by check. Just sharing information that I have been given.

ChiefV

• Upvote 7

Stryker is closed however cropper is not...Which used to be included in stryker...All of stryker is now considered "cropper". Some contractors ( I know this to be fact) Still live and work on stryker. There are Iraqi Nationals (Mostly higher military families) (also a fact) that do live on stryker/cropper/surrounding area. So Just because it said Stryker does not mean anything.

The original post was dated 12/28/10. I tried to post a link to original in my firstpost, but maybe I didn't do it right. Never mind, it says tt I am trying to post a link to a site that the administration won't allow. But I did go back and check the date of the original post. You can find on DD website. (I hope that's okay to say!)

An email I received via facebook from one of my guys in Iraq who was transiting through the BTC in Baghdad:

I told you I am at the BTC, transfering to Delta. Still here, meet at 730 again to find out when I fly, flying out today. Unless of course it was to RV this weekend while still here then hell no, I’m out.

Anyways… I went to the PX area last night to grab some chow. Found out this bus goes back there, so I get on, sit and wait. Being on there for about ten mins. I came from the gym right before this. While on the bus this kid comes on also. Damn those unibrows, haha.. So I start talking to him. How old, where you from, why out here, etc.. This Iraqi kid said him and his family all live on Stryker and his dad works here. “How does he get paid, American(dollars) or Iraqi?” They pay him in dinar instead of our money for one.

And I also found out that they do have small denomination in circulation that they use to buy stuff. I would have gotten some from him, but he didn’t have any money on him. I asked in America say… a gallon of milk will cost us in dollars like $3-4. How much in Iraqi? He said like 22. “22??” Yes 22.

I asked, “here soon the dollars will equal the dinar. Do you know how much? Do you know when?”

He said, “1.” “1?” “No no…not big small.”

So, “1 Iraqi?” “Yes”

I took that as he meant one for one. I was wishing he had some money on him. I would have given anything I had on me for exchange, so I can send you a pic of it. But had that is everything I found out last night. Tried to get a hold of ya asap to let ya know!!

I also had a Skype chat with one of my other guys at Baghdad last night and he mentioned to me that through an Iraqi contact that he has that the retired and elderly have already been paid, not through the Smart Card program but by check. Just sharing information that I have been given.

ChiefV

KCT,

this does not sound right, I just checked the Central Bank of Iraq site. The lowest denom in circulation is 50 dinars. How was some able to purchase something for 22 dinars?

check it out yourself www.cbi.iq

• Upvote 1

ChiefV has done this dance before....

rd

Sure did....I believe it was back in July?? He made a huge post about the smaller denoms being out and being used yet of course no evidence to be found anywhere!! And I was one who questioned him on it and got attacked just because I didnt believe him....as if just because he is doing his part for our country that I must take his word as the voice of god......he said over and over that he would get the evidence to prove to everyone and guess what?? He never spoke of it again.....

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 5

Note: If "He was" referring to the world famous KBR-BTC… only certain buses may enter that compound. ;)

Those particular busses are not permitted to carry anyone that is not a first tier contractor (with hat and lanyard also). Iraqis would without question be prohibited. :o

Nice try… thanks but no thanks I don’t like Kool-Aid. :blink:

Edited by Incountry
  • Upvote 2

I dont mean to get off topic but i usually ask about small denoms every time i go over to northbank which is the only iraqi bank we have that's open on camp (bank of baghdad infront of the big px to my knowledge is not.). So if it hasn't RV'd yet, :D I'll stop in there and ask them and see if they sell any iraqi milk. lol but yeah i dont expect see nothing. A month ago I got some small denoms but they didnt have anything lower than 250.

I was hesitant to put this out before but I spoke with some laborers cutting some high grass near a lake, they confirmed that it will be 1 to 1 with the dollar but it will be later in 2011. I just started to ask the question and they were already nodding their head and saying yes. Its also the same info I got before from a friend of mine who was working here and is now back home in kuwait. He's is pakistani and according to him that's the word on the street there. All of this goes along the same info that was posted here by another member (contractor) who is working with LNs that said they saw it announced 1 dinar 1 dollar on tv. I forget the person's name it was a few days ago in the rumour section.

Even with that, I say take it with a grain of salt. I'm not all that excited. We want this to be done. Sick of waiting...but if I have to wait all of 2011 then so be it...

• Upvote 1

Note: If "He was" referring to the world famous KBR-BTC… only certain buses may enter that compound. ;)

Those particular busses are not permitted to carry anyone that is not a first tier contractor (with hat and lanyard also). Iraqis would without question be prohibited. :o

Nice try… thanks but no thanks I don’t like Kool-Aid. :blink:

you can ride whatever bus you want on this camp unless its private. you can catch at the big px or wherever there is a bus stop on camp. ie gym or whatever

Edited by quadraph0nic

Good Point BUT reading and comprehension tell us that “only certain buses may enter that compound”. :blink:

Just Sayin.....

"Anyways… I went to the PX area last night to grab some chow. Found out this bus goes back there, so I get on, sit and wait. Being on there for about ten mins. I came from the gym right before this"

:lol: reading and comprehension says he was at the gym and he went to the px, he was not at the btc when he went to the px. being at the gym, he could have cought a different bus that was not the btc bus. i know what your saying but trust me we have many bus routes for this base and its a rumour that i'm kinda like ehh...

Anyway I thought I provided a better rumour. I forgot to add to that rumour that a coworker of mine here on base has a friend that works at the turkish restaurant and he was told the same thing somewhere in 2011 1dinar to 1 usdollar. So that would make 4 sources for one rumour. i guess no one cares probaby because i didnt put a date or rate to it. :lol:

• Upvote 1