Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anti lop Talk

estephan

If the large notes where to lopped they would still have to include the 50, which would end up with a usd value of $.0000043 to by a $5.00 widget you would need this many 50 igd notes: 1,162,790.

With an "all plastic" economy as some Iraqi officials are pushing for, that would be a mum issue. Those who are in the lop loop (clever, I know ;) ) also are pushing to have all Iraqis on a money card.

• Upvote 3

If the large notes where to lopped they would still have to include the 50, which would end up with a usd value of $.0000043 to by a $5.00 widget you would need this many 50 igd notes: 1,162,790.

They would "only" lop the 000's currencies......I hope it won't happen.

If they LOP they could most likely at the same time raise the purchasing power or the exchange rate, so lets say they do that for this example and come out at 1 USD....your 50 dinar note basically becomes a nickel.....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I feel your math is incorrect...

the current trade value is 1 to 1170 so... 1/1170 = 0.00085 with the dropping of the 000's, the value still stays the same at first. where you got $.0000043 i have NO idea.

but with this math, you would need 5850 dinar, divide that by 50, and you would have 117 50 dinar notes to purchase a 5.00 item... still an absorb number, but NOOOOOOwhere near your million stack o'cash

• Upvote 3

I feel your math is incorrect...

the current trade value is 1 to 1170 so... 1/1170 = 0.00085 with the dropping of the 000's, the value still stays the same at first. where you got $.0000043 i have NO idea.

but with this math, you would need 5850 dinar, divide that by 50, and you would have 117 50 dinar notes to purchase a 5.00 item... still an absorb number, but NOOOOOOwhere near your million stack o'cash

thank you ,but please try that again by taking the zeros off the currency LOP

If they LOP they could most likely at the same time raise the purchasing power or the exchange rate, so lets say they do that for this example and come out at 1 USD....your 50 dinar note basically becomes a nickel.....

Thank you Keep , you acknowledge that all currency would be subject to this .

• Upvote 1

They would "only" lop the 000's currencies......I hope it won't happen.

am I wrong, the lop is not off the bills 1000, 5000, 10.000, 20.000, 25.000 it's off the current .00085 It was told here I believe by a guru months ago that it was a new ploy to get people to buy smaller notes "AVOID THE LOP" At a much higher cost. Go to ebay now a 25.000 dinar note goes for around $25 bucks. Try to buy 25.000 in 500 dinar notes. You will be paying close to $100. Back to the point the 3 zeros are off the current .00085 dinar, ANYONE ANYONE

• Upvote 1

am I wrong, the lop is not off the bills 1000, 5000, 10.000, 20.000, 25.000 it's off the current .00085 It was told here I believe by a guru months ago that it was a new ploy to get people to buy smaller notes "AVOID THE LOP" At a much higher cost. Go to ebay now a 25.000 dinar note goes for around $25 bucks. Try to buy 25.000 in 500 dinar notes. You will be paying close to $100. Back to the point the 3 zeros are off the current .00085 dinar, ANYONE ANYONE

I wish they were talking about the exchange rate lol then this would be a done deal!! The articles of deleting the zeros is off the currency itself....and they explain it as a way to reduce the money supply (27 trillion, if they arent lying about those numbers) which there is no other way to do that other then by lopping.....and yea I think your right about the whole ploy to buy smaller denoms :lol: no matter which bills you hold if they lop they are all affected....Ali seems to be pretty sure that if they delete the zeros then the exchange rate will have to change as well which does make sense and points to a lop/rv.....we will still make a good profit but not the millions we all hope for!!!

• Upvote 2

This whole LOP thing is just so stupid, I can't believe anyone believes that this thing will happen because it won't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I have 1,000,000 Dinars and they decide to do a LOP and go against the laws and regulations of the IMF, then it is possible they can do this and cheat us of our investment and money, other than that.......they have to honor the value of the currency...........If they revalue at $1.00 and if I have a 25K Dinar not, then they have to pay me $25,000 USD when I cash it in.........those are the rules, check it out yourself and do some real research.

RV 2010 !!! :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This whole LOP thing is just so stupid, I can't believe anyone believes that this thing will happen because it won't !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I have 1,000,000 Dinars and they decide to do a LOP and go against the laws and regulations of the IMF, then it is possible they can do this and cheat us of our investment and money, other than that.......they have to honor the value of the currency...........If they revalue at $1.00 and if I have a 25K Dinar not, then they have to pay me $25,000 USD when I cash it in.........those are the rules, check it out yourself and do some real research.

Keep....School this guy and the rest. Wow.

• Upvote 1

:lol: Seems you have not done your homework before jumping in this.....you should really read up on how redenominations work....just so you know thats the same thing as a LOP.....your right if they straight up RV at 1 dollar you will get 25k for your 25k dinar note.....IF they lop, and depending on how they do it your 25k note will only be worh 25 new dinar....you will have to exchange it and thats all you will get is 25 dinar.....I think you might be mis-interpreting what you read about the IMF laws and regulations....I did the same at first until I went back over it.....there is NO rules against them lopping the dinar.....you think they care about you buying dinar as an investment? nope....and its not cheating you out of anything either.....worst case scenerio you break even.....trade ur 25k dinar for 25 dinar and they raise the value to 1 dollar....you just broke even and no one got cheated out of anything.....redenominations are real....lops are real......Im hoping they dont but its still a possibility.....they cant raise the value of the dinar if they have 27 trillion in circulation......they have to cut the money supply first.....again, hopefully those numbers are crap and are not real.....I know reality can be hard to swallow sometimes....especially when it has to do with telling yourself your not going to be an overnight millionare but its the reality of things.....Im trying to be as nice as possible especially with you trying to call someone out about doing real research because its pretty transparent who has and who has not done enough reading on the subject.....we will make money off this investment no matter what happens....but how much is goin to depend on what Iraq does with the currency.....those IMF rules are basically just stating that Iraq cant come out and say that the bills we have now are no good and that they nor anyone else will take them or exchange them for newer bills should the time come....they still have to honor the currency they print but its up to them and the CBI what those bills are actually worth.....

Keep....School this guy and the rest. Wow.

:lol:

• Upvote 4

I plan on making millions of dollars whether this dinar pays off like we all hope it will or not. I want to help millions of PEOPLE and I care about people more than I do money. But Hey,, I figured if I bought dinar whats the worse that can happen? But whats the best that can happen... I will not ever regret the decision I made to make this investment and soon we will all see EXACTLY whats going to happen. To me it isn't that far fetched that the world can actually have new millionaires... the money will be spent and boost the economy, and If I am Iraq I would like for my 25,000 dinar note to be worth 75,000 usd. I bellieve that Iraq wants to have major purchasing power. Stay encouraged and have joy in your hearts... A cheerful heart does good like medicine!

Because we are seeing the use of both class of denoms in the budget, it is a safe assumption that there will be no LOP. In the event of a LOP, they would simply demonetize the 000 notes and disseminate the lower denoms. In this case, both currency denoms are indicated in the budget so as to properly recycle the 000 notes within a reasonable time frame, they will utilize both currency denoms lending to the deduction that the value of the Dinar will not be pre-emptively decreased as a LOP would facilitate.

I understand the arguments for a LOP and they make sense, but they don't add up when looking at the big picture. I still don't comprehend why or how a LOP would take place after the US Government spent $250 million (or more) per day to liberate Iraq. Say the US Government has indeed acquired trillions of IQD...that automatically becomes billions with a LOP and far less than what was actually invested to take control of Iraq. Unless our government has some sort of special deal in place that will still give them a monumental return on their IQD should a LOP occur, it makes dealing with Iraq pointless from an economic perspective. There's a reason we help countries like Kuwait and Iraq...oil and $$$. A LOP would not coincide with "The Plan" that many speak so adamantly about. Feel free to enlighten me on what I'm missing or contribute to what I've said.

Edited by jttexas05
  • Upvote 1

I understand the arguments for a LOP and they make sense, but they don't add up when looking at the big picture. I still don't comprehend why or how a LOP would take place after the US Government spent $250 million (or more) per day to liberate Iraq. Say the US Government has indeed acquired trillions of IQD...that automatically becomes billions with a LOP and far less than what was actually invested to take control of Iraq. Unless our government has some sort of special deal in place that will still give them a monumental return on their IQD should a LOP occur, it makes dealing with Iraq pointless from an economic perspective. There's a reason we help countries like Kuwait and Iraq...oil and $$$. A LOP would not coincide with "The Plan" that many speak so adamantly about. Feel free to enlighten me on what I'm missing or contribute to what I've said.

Except "the plan" is just rumor and conjecture. Just like the "fact" that the US Government holds trillions of dinar. The Haliburtons and other corporations who had the Bushies in their pockets have already made their billions off the situation. Like Dubya said on the aircraft carrier, mission accomplished ;)

The $40-$50 barrels of oil that Iraq has to send us (when it's regularly selling for $90-$100 a barrel) is where the US is going to recover most of the costs of the invasion.

Yes, a RV would be great for the US. Look at it from the other side though. Does it really benefit Iraq? Most of the remaining 000 bills are held by foreign countries and private investors like us. An RV will make a very small percentage of Iraqis wealthy. The ones who had a lot of cash money before we invaded were out of luck because of the introduction of the new Dinars. Most people are living paycheck to paycheck and have no savings. If they RV with no LOP, it will cost their country hundreds of billions or even trillions of USD worth of natural gas, oil, gold, etc. If they LOP, they achieve their goal of making their currency stronger without having to send so much wealth out to foreign investors. From their point of view, a LOP then RV makes a whole lot more sense than just a straight RV.

I invested with the hopes that they are still not entirely in control of their own situation. Even if it's only a 10% chance that the US, the UN, the IMF, or anyone else is able to pressure them into a RV with no LOP, it's worth the risk. I've always figured there's a 20% chance I'll lose what I invested, a 20% chance I'll break even, a 50% chance it lops then RVs and I double or triple my money, and a 10% chance I get rich.

Edited by cwtrimmer

Personally, I do not think there is any reason for anyone to argue or get offended about "lop" talk

as some seem to. This was something that should have been considered from the start "before"

one jumped in and invested maybe more than one could afford. We cannot rule out anything until we actually

see what happens in reality, and not based upon hype or rumors.

It is a very realistic possibility, maybe even likely, but also a chance there will not be. My wife and I

invested only what we were able to lose as this has as much or more risk than some other investments.

It was worth the risk to us, but only what we could afford to lose. We are like everyone here...we hope for the best scenario,

but I also realize a "lop" is very plausible and should not be ignored, but understood that it just may happen.

On the other hand, we may be all surprised if it RV's without a "lop" of anything. I understood these things before we invested

and I would hope this was also taken into account before too many spent what they could not afford.

Either way, let us hope for the best for all of us, and accept the fact that a potential "lop" is indeed a very real

possibility, but should not be something people fight over or get angry. It has always been part of the overall

risk.

Thanks keep for your input, and others. Certainly we all want the same thing...a nice RV and no stripping the

zeros...but what we want is not always what we get...we simply wait and hope for the best outcome.

I think we all pray for that, but remember there is always risk for this "lopping" to happen, although it does not necessarily make sense,

Iraq is going to do what is best for Iraq...this should be no surprise. I hope they at least consider us small folk :blink:

All my best!

Jim

---

Well said Keep. Always a voice of rationale. Let's hope they don't do what Keep speaks of but it's ALWAYS A POSSIBILITY! REMEMBER THAT WHEN YOU INVEST!

Yes, thx Keepm always a pleasure, and even though you get hit you dont hit back hard. Just to clear this up, from your other posts it appears you dont feel that a lop is going to occurr but your not ruling it out (your opinion).......I GOT YOUR BACK..lol

Yes, thx Keepm always a pleasure, and even though you get hit you dont hit back hard. Just to clear this up, from your other posts it appears you dont feel that a lop is going to occurr but your not ruling it out (your opinion).......I GOT YOUR BACK..lol

Exactly!! :lol: Your one of the few that actually comprehends what Im saying sometimes....others just write it off as me being a lopster lol its just knowing all the possible outcomes....I dont want the lop and dont think thats the case here but yes Im not ruling it out completely.....and as for me not hitting back hard I promised Davhina I would behave and not rip into anyone even if they have non-intelligent and not nice things to say to me or about me :lol: So Im tryin to be nicer when replying to some of those fools.....

Exactly!! :lol: Your one of the few that actually comprehends what Im saying sometimes....others just write it off as me being a lopster lol its just knowing all the possible outcomes....I dont want the lop and dont think thats the case here but yes Im not ruling it out completely.....and as for me not hitting back hard I promised Davhina I would behave and not rip into anyone even if they have non-intelligent and not nice things to say to me or about me :lol: So Im tryin to be nicer when replying to some of those fools.....

:)

Great info Keep! Like you I'm hoping for the best but expecting anything. I've done a lot of research but still trying to figure something out. If they lop and RV at say 3 to 1 then their rate is $3.00. Or they could RV with no lop at $3.00. The net result looks the same and they have a much higher valued currency but wouldn't their purchasing power still be very low if they lopped first? I'm trying to figure out in my mind which situation benefits them most and not just us. I've read a ton of arguments from both sides and I'm thinking an RV first (even if it's below $1) would benefit them more given the costs of changing the currency.

Edited by marknet73