Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Please explain the biblical references

DeadGuy

OK, I kid around a lot, but I'm serious about this question. I keep reading in different post about all of this has been prophitized (sp) in the Bible about all of this happening.

Is this true? I know that Iraq is the place where the garden of Eden was suppose to be. Mesopotamia I think it was called.

Someone explain to me the connection between Iraq's independence and the end of the world or where it's written in Revelations.

I'm very curious.

Thanks in advance

Chuck

• Upvote 1

OK, I kid around a lot, but I'm serious about this question. I keep reading in different post about all of this has been prophitized (sp) in the Bible about all of this happening.

Is this true? I know that Iraq is the place where the garden of Eden was suppose to be. Mesopotamia I think it was called.

Someone explain to me the connection between Iraq's independence and the end of the world or where it's written in Revelations.

I'm very curious.

Thanks in advance

Chuck

If your in this investment you know the world as a whole and every nation on the planet has a intrest in Iraq why ? They all use oil and natural gas...Its the wealth of Iraq that will allow it to become the type of nation it needs to be in order to fulfill prophecy.

Its happening right before peoples eyes yet most are blind to the reality much like people in Jesus time were blind to prophecy about him.

Jesus appeals to the Scriptures as validity and proof...

(John 5:39) "Search the Scriptures; (O.T. Scriptures); they are they which testify of me."

(Luke 24:27) "Beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them, in all the Scriptures (O.T.Scriptures) the things concerning himself."

(Luke 24:44) "...all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets and in the Psalms, concerning me".

Failed understanding of the prophetic Word lead to Jesus death.

...We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory..1Cor 2:6-8.

Yet many today remain just as blind to the facts when it comes to Babylon it has a divine destiny and the world and its rulers will only make that reality happen many not even knowing it.

Babylon will Be Rebuilt

http://www.cobblestoneroadministry.org/2006/Iraq_BabylonEndtimesBibleProphecy.html

• Upvote 3

Hi Chuck,

I also have read some of the posts on here about what you are questioning and personally I think some of the references to certain scripture could be off in there interpretation.

So I could not personally quote the references you asked about. But there is a couple of scriptures that I am standing on in my life and I can share them with you.

The first one is Isaiah 60 and 61

I don't consider myself to be a theologan by any means but here is a general and basic understanding of part of these scriptures.

In Isaiah 60, Isaiah is a prophet speaking about a time in the last days where God's people come into there spiritual inherentance in Him.

You will notice many things that we will have in abundance when this happens.

The main part about money in this scripture is in Isaiah 60:5 which states "The wealth of the nations shall come to you". ESV version

Isaiah 61 continues the theme of the restoration movement in verse 4: "They shall build up the ancient ruins".

This refers to the church in the book of Acts that moved in great signs and wonders.

While many have the possibilty to become wealthy, those that the Lord has prepared will be able to get a foot hold on walking out these promises from the Lord.

Blessings

• Upvote 6

Hi Chuck,

I also have read some of the posts on here about what you are questioning and personally I think some of the references to certain scripture could be off in there interpretation.

So I could not personally quote the references you asked about. But there is a couple of scriptures that I am standing on in my life and I can share them with you.

The first one is Isaiah 60 and 61

I don't consider myself to be a theologan by any means but here is a general and basic understanding of part of these scriptures.

In Isaiah 60, Isaiah is a prophet speaking about a time in the last days where God's people come into there spiritual inherentance in Him.

You will notice many things that we will have in abundance when this happens.

The main part about money in this scripture is in Isaiah 60:5 which states "The wealth of the nations shall come to you". ESV version

Isaiah 61 continues the theme of the restoration movement in verse 4: "They shall build up the ancient ruins".

This refers to the church in the book of Acts that moved in great signs and wonders.

While many have the possibilty to become wealthy, those that the Lord has prepared will be able to get a foot hold on walking out these promises from the Lord.

Blessings

The bolded part is what I think this is all about. God promised that in the last days the wealth of the world would be transferred to believers. That's why so many involved in this are Christians. I trust and believe in God promises.

Edited by GaPeach

I'm getting a better grip on it now. I never knew that Babylon, Mesopotamia and Iraq were all 3 the same place.

So, from my reading (I'm no theologian either.) That Babylon will come back to being a very rich and fruitful place now that they are free and have all of the wonderful resources the land has always had.

The great city will be rebuilt and a new 'Tower of Babel" will also be rebuilt. (I am guessing that would be like a tall monument or great high rise like they built in Dubai.)

That is what starts the last days in motion?

AND, if that's on the mark then wouldn't something about everyone's money being the same (people thought the Euro was this when it came out).

Also, (now I'm going off of memories from years ago) if all of this comes to pass the shouldn't the anti-Christ come out of all of this also? Or do i have my wires crossed?

Fascinating discussion and lessons. Thank you all.

Great link Dogmatic1 Thanks

chuck

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In my opinion of Babylon there certainly is valid scriptural references to Babylon being restored. Rather than looking at a Babylon having to have the same physical location. I think the part about World dominion is what

we should pay attention too. A one world order and a one world currency. I believe that the important part of the tower of Babel was the scatering of the languages. This only comes back by a body of believers moving

into an experience like that of the day of penticost when they heard everyone in there own language. The building of a psysical monument like Babel could never be done without a restoration of language and a body

of believers who have encountered the Lord like that of the day of penticost would never build it because our focus is on building the spiritual temple to a place of restoration so the Lord could rest in fulness upon us.

As far as the begining of the last days I believe that the Lord is the only one with the power to decide when to start the last days. Jesus tells us the signs to look for that show us we are living in those days right now.

(rumors of wars, various earth quakes and many other signs).

• Upvote 1

ues, this is one of the Events of the End Times. The dollar will be dead soon.America has to go back to the gold standard- or else. For those of you that don't know, we aren't in the bible. For what we've done, we are not part of what happens after the rise of Babylon. But what many of you are saying about this is completely legit.

cool.gif

The bolded part is what I think this is all about. God promised that in the last days the wealth of the world would be transferred to believers. That's why so many involved in this are Christians. I trust and believe in God promises.

Tnis iz when we start looking 4 placez 2 put $ N2 so when we RV we give 2 TRU charitiez... This will take place it iz just up 2 God on when wink.gif Go RV>>> cool.gif

• Upvote 1

DeadGuy ...

Regarding your thought on the Tower of Babel ... I am no thologian but did some comparative religion studies in University.

Although those who rewrote the Bible into readable terms when the old languages began to disappear from use, used the Tower analogy to signify a very tall building, it was most likely not in fact a very tall building. Each "storey" of the "building" would have been a layer of understanding in the communications between nations. The tower was a meeting place,and if it is revived today would be also. But what made it "towering" was the number of languages used, and what caused it's destruction was the misunderstandings ... people could not understand each other.

Today, we have the opportunity to rebuild that tower, but with people understanding each other. It wouldn't be a tower in Dubai. In fact it could, with the internet, be just the computers in our homes and offices. It may be we already have it. It could be forums like this one where we all speak of a common goal but with different "languages" ... Yes, in this case it is mostly English we use but our opinions are different, and our way of seeing and feeling things are different, and we don't all think in the same box though we all want to think outside the box. What our tower of Babel may be, is right here ... what you are reading ... and you are contributing to it every time to access your keyboard. Before the invention of the computer it was thought that the modern tower of Babel would be a place like the United Nations where all "languages" could get together and discuss the world and the "word" and be understood. It hasn't really worked so far. But the computer may just be making it real.

So, that's it ... my thoughts on the Tower of Babel.

smee2

The Jehovah's witnesses destroyed any faith I had in a God.

That iz all Good, God has faith in U :) Many friendz i hang with dont believe and they get a kick out of me :) But having known them so long and knowing my God and he doez many workz thru them! They are Great People so believer or not i still got luv 4 ya :) i have had some JW stop by my house late @t night and it alwayz iz interesting wink.gifcool.gif Go RV>>> PoZiTiVe ViBeZ...

• Upvote 1

WOW I REALLY DON`T WANT TO COMMENT ON THIS, CAN YOU STILL BE CRUCIFIED FOR HAVING AN OPINION CONTRARY TO THE MAINSREAM,, I ASK ONE QUESTION OF THE RELIGIOUS, WHY ARE THERE SO MANY DIFFERENT RELIGIONS WHEN WE ALL STARTED OUT AS CATHOLICS?? (INCLUDING MUSLIM SECTS)

THIS AUGHT TO BE INTERESTING.

snee2... Great way of looking at it. i always thought the Babel story was kind of like people TRIED to reach heaven, but were stuck without a way to communicate. Maybe I look too 'definite' into it. I always considered the 'tower' as a true structure like a pyramid or a tower like the Washington monument and God scrambling their language to end it because they should going forth instead of going up.

Imagine recreating the hanging gardens? Wouldn't that be a tourist destination.

buds

chuck

PS: great discussion. Going to bed. I'll check back in tomorrow

WOW I REALLY DON`T WANT TO COMMENT ON THIS, CAN YOU STILL BE CRUCIFIED FOR HAVING AN OPINION CONTRARY TO THE MAINSREAM,, I ASK ONE QUESTION OF THE RELIGIOUS, WHY ARE THERE SO MANY DIFFERENT RELIGIONS WHEN WE ALL STARTED OUT AS CATHOLICS?? (INCLUDING MUSLIM SECTS)

THIS AUGHT TO BE INTERESTING.

actually we didn't all start out as Catholics you had many churches from the apostles, The Church of Rome as you know now as the Catholic Church, and since if I'm not mistaken you had the Church of Antioch which is now known as Greek Orthodox. I'm trying to recall off the top of my head but there was also the Constantine church which was a rival power to that of the church of Rome so no we didn't all start out as Catholics.

Edited by DmsC

THESE WERE ALL CREATED AFTER CHRISTIANTY ,AND THEN DEGRADED INTO MANY,MANY OFF SHOOTS. THERE WERE MANY BEFORE CHRIST BUT ,THIS WOULD OPEN UP A WHOLE DIFFERENT DISCUSSION.

WAS NOT ST PETER A CONTEMPORARY OF JESUS , TRAVELED TO ROME, THE SEAT OF CHRISTIANTY,(CATHOLISIUM)

CONSTANTINE, CAME AROUND IN THE 4TH CENTURY.

BY THE WAY, AS YOU MENTION THE CHURCH OF ANTIOCH WAS ALREADY STARTING DOWN A PATH OF IT`S OWN MAKING?