Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Okie? TK? and some things for EACH of us to think about

Don Paul

True story. Before our son's friend left for Iraq a few weeks ago, (he is in the army), his Eagle card (like a credit/debit card) was loaded with dinar, not U.S. dollars. He was told they are not allowed to use U.S. dollars in Iraq. So, the rumor of the loading of soldier's cards with dinar is correct.

True story. Before our son's friend left for Iraq a few weeks ago, (he is in the army), his Eagle card (like a credit/debit card) was loaded with dinar, not U.S. dollars. He was told they are not allowed to use U.S. dollars in Iraq. So, the rumor of the loading of soldier's cards with dinar is correct.

But they are not getting paid in dinar....they get paid in USD and then have the option of having dinar for use in the marketplace and they can exchange for them....but they are initially paid in USD....not dinar....they don't want them making purchases with USD off base which is correct....which is why they take the USD and get it exchanged for dinar

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

But let's look at the facts as adults and be logical!

1 - If the R/V doesn't occur by the latest hour of December 31, 2010, Iraq will be liable for $1+ Trillion worth of foreign debt. If they R/V before then they will only owe $200 Billion. These guys know what's at stake! S!

2 - People are saying that we're right back where we were 9+ months ago (even years ago). Not true. This is the first time since 1991 that the UN Sanctions (Chpt 7), or at least the important sanctions have been lifted, which were preventing this from taking place.

3 - One of the sanctions lifted was the Oil for Food program. Without that program the leadership of Iraq can no longer feed their people in exchange for oil. This means that they must start importing goods to feed the population, meaning they need an internationally recognized, tradeable currency. And in order to do that they need their official currency to be worth something, and that means revalue the dinar. If this doesn't happen, the GOI will become unstable (possibly fall apart), the people of Iraq will start rioting and the situation will get out of control.

4 - Everyone is worried about the GOI going on a 10 day vacation, and not having this all done by then. We must understand there are powers that be (waaaaaay above the GOI parliament) *cough* high counsel/Talibani *cough* that would not let anyone go if this issue wasn't resolved. There is TOO MUCH AT STAKE! Meaning that either the Dinar is going to R/V before this planned vacation or before the end of the year. Or this 2 week vacation thing is just another bunch of smoke being blown up our @$$!! Remember Maliki saying that there would be smoke floating around prior to the R/V? That and the GOI has worked too hard to let this all fall apart!

I think I chose this comment to pay attention to. It used to be that I would try to figure out who was right and who was wrong or in this case more right and more wrong because it seems to be a metter of degree. There are really so few absolutes. Every time I think we have discovered an absolute, something that must be, it isn't. Iraq has no concept of "must" or "have to" ... they will wiggle their way around and through and make a mockery of what is supposed to be the democratic process. Anyway ...

I like this post because it is makes more sense to me. Not that it has to make sense, when Iraq doesn't seem to have the ability to see sense when it is presented. But I am sick and tired of trying to make it make sense to the parties involved and give them the benefit of the doubt. They have not proven any reliability. What they are saying is all contrary, and what they are doing is selfish, and what they are aiming for in reality is anyone's guess. So, to heck with them. Me, me, me. For a while at least I think I'll look at things as I want to see them. Looking at things on a basis of should is just getting me more confused and frustrated. So, if I say the sky is pink, then my sky is pink. Period. I don't know why I continue to put myself through this grinder when I know full well that what will be will be and it will be when it is meant to be. What I feel I need, or even just want, is of no consequence in the greater, nay, the greatest, scheme of things.

I love the input here, and the energy with which people defend their views. But when it all comes right down to it, we, you and I, have absolutely no say in it, no way to influence this RV or anything else that seems part of it. So, as an exercise in dispelling stress this forum is a great place to be. As a place to air and read rumours it is a great place to be. As a place to pick up news items from the media, thanks to those who bring in these great postings, it is a great place to be. But for it to be truly a great place to be for me it has to be a little less stressful ... for me, not for anyone else. And that's it. I am not going to take "date and rate" so seriously that I can't sleep over it. enough of that. I am just going to enjoy watching you guys and agree with what feels good at that moment. hahahahaha

smee2

p.s. THANKS to all of you who take the time and make the effort to add to this forum in all the way that you do. It is appreciated more than you know.

• Upvote 1

So this is what D.D.T. are posting on there site now old stuff. See the date. http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/44019.pdf Read the date on the upper right side.

This is what I Read the date on this ad. http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=105084 So is there still a Paris Club Debt or not..

Sorry I was late in posting this. I just go away from family for the night...

Edited by ProPlayr

This is complete BS about being paid in Dinar.... the only thing I can think of to make any sense of this rumor is that the IRAQI gov't is paying the US gov't in Dinar to keep a US presence in the country to see the formation of the gov't through. Then again what do I know I'm only a Marine that worked on a general's staff for a year and pretty much has seen all of the politics involved in the monetary and combative sides of this conflict. Bottom line.....US soldiers have never and will never be paid in foreign currency. We all have direct deposit with US banks which deal in.........that's right... good old US dollars....Come on people think about some of this BS. I think some of these guys go around and pick up semi logical points from all the Dinar sites and throw them together as "good intel", I think some of what they say is good but most is just a logical guess. On another note most of these guys claim to be educated business men and can't even type 1 sentence without 3 or 4 gramatical errors...if they are educated business men, don't they email a lot and have to know how to spell and compose sentences?

• Upvote 1

But let's look at the facts as adults and be logical!

1 - If the R/V doesn't occur by the latest hour of December 31, 2010, Iraq will be liable for $1+ Trillion worth of foreign debt. If they R/V before then they will only owe $200 Billion. These guys know what's at stake! S!

2 - People are saying that we're right back where we were 9+ months ago (even years ago). Not true. This is the first time since 1991 that the UN Sanctions (Chpt 7), or at least the important sanctions have been lifted, which were preventing this from taking place.

3 - One of the sanctions lifted was the Oil for Food program. Without that program the leadership of Iraq can no longer feed their people in exchange for oil. This means that they must start importing goods to feed the population, meaning they need an internationally recognized, tradeable currency. And in order to do that they need their official currency to be worth something, and that means revalue the dinar. If this doesn't happen, the GOI will become unstable (possibly fall apart), the people of Iraq will start rioting and the situation will get out of control.

4 - Everyone is worried about the GOI going on a 10 day vacation, and not having this all done by then. We must understand there are powers that be (waaaaaay above the GOI parliament) *cough* high counsel/Talibani *cough* that would not let anyone go if this issue wasn't resolved. There is TOO MUCH AT STAKE! Meaning that either the Dinar is going to R/V before this planned vacation or before the end of the year. Or this 2 week vacation thing is just another bunch of smoke being blown up our @$$!! Remember Maliki saying that there would be smoke floating around prior to the R/V? That and the GOI has worked too hard to let this all fall apart!

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

• Upvote 1

OUR SOLDIERS HAS BEEN PAID THE LAST 3 MONTHS WITH DINAR AT AN EQUIVALENT RATE OF 3.22---

I know it sounds great but not true. The article does indeed mention that some soldiers in some region are being paid in dinar for a couple of reasons, Iraq is determined to slow the use of the USD in their local economies and ease of transactions while soldiers are deployed to a region for long periods of time. The rate however still remains at the current 1170 IQD/USD and they are being paid via plastic. Digital monetary system...remember? I do have hopes of the RV/RI happening before end 2010 and as entertaining as these rumors are, let's think about the poor saps that bathe in gullibility on the daily. Unless of course it is due to the lack of accurate research...but what are the odds of that...? RV SOON!!!!

The "Rumor" forum should really just be called , "The Troll Forum." Several people have said in this thread, "Let's look at the facts:..." and then followed that with garbage like, "U.S. soldiers have been paid in Dinar, they then turned that Dinar into millions of American dollars, bought hover crafts and went AWOL with their riches, possibly to the moon."

If I said I sold all my Dinar on Monday like I was told I would be able to by these same liars, I would not have had enough money for two Xbox games. Currently most sites sell 100k dinar for about $160, and it is worth LESS than $100 bucks.

Here we go, I want that elusive 1,200% value increase over night... or is it 12,000%? Someone with no sense of humor PLEASE calculate the EXACT mathematical miracle we are all losing so much sleep over.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2