Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Okie? TK? and some things for EACH of us to think about

Don Paul

Im not here defending Okie or TK, but many of the people here have almost demanded to be told dates and rates, and some of these guys have done the best possible to give the 'masses' what they clamor for. Even though they post it in the rumor section, they get nailed when the 'date' doesn't arrive, but yet people keep feeding back at the rumor 'troff"

Why don't you see for YOURSELF what we have in hand and make your own INFORMED decision?

like some of the apparent facts below:

THE MINISTER OF FINANCE ONLY TOOK OFFICE THURSDAY--

THE BORDERS ARE SEALED--

THE BANKS STOPPED MAKING LOANS--

CURRENCY IS NOT BEING LET IN OR OUT OF IRAQ--

OUR SOLDIERS HAS BEEN PAID THE LAST 3 MONTHS WITH DINAR AT AN EQUIVALENT RATE OF 3.22---

PARIS CLUB DEBT REDUCTION EXPIRES 12-31

What does the above "feel" to you its really about?

Im sorry but they ARE misleading people to a degree. They must back it up with viable FACTS relating to the rates and dates they predict. They are CLUELESS.

Edited by ceaser
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I have been out of the military for severals yrs now but I can say with absolute certainty that soldiers are getting a direct deposit into their account like they always have....... Why in the world anyone would say US Soldiers were being paid in IRAQ Dinar is beyond me and really far fetched IMO......

• Upvote 8

let's see...i'm not in the military and never have been, but i'm certain soldiers aren't and never have been paid in dinar. come on people. use your heads. absolutely stupid...it's worthless at this point. remember when the iraqis weren't even using their own currency? they had to be made to use the dinar. usd is what's preferred over there. they're not gonna pay the troops with worthless money. ugh. this is getting silly.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

let's see...i'm not in the military and never have been, but i'm certain soldiers aren't and never have been paid in dinar. come on people. use your heads. absolutely stupid...it's worthless at this point. remember when the iraqis weren't even using their own currency? they had to be made to use the dinar. usd is what's preferred over there. they're not gonna pay the troops with worthless money. ugh. this is getting silly.

You are correct. Everything is direct deposite but if you need local currency you can exchange on base.

Im not here defending Okie or TK, but many of the people here have almost demanded to be told dates and rates, and some of these guys have done the best possible to give the 'masses' what they clamor for. Even though they post it in the rumor section, they get nailed when the 'date' doesnt arrive, but yet people keep feeding back at the rumor 'troff"

Why dont you see for YOURSELF what we have in hand and make your own INFORMED decision?

THE BORDERS ARE SEALED--

OUR SOLDIERS HAS BEEN PAID THE LAST 3 MONTHS WITH DINAR AT AN EQUIVALENT RATE OF 3.22---

Not sure what you mean about the borders being sealed and currency not being let out of Iraq.....they havent been letting regular people out of the country with large amounts of dinar for a long time now.....nothing new....not sure how you can verify that the banks stopped making loans....one of the reasons they pulled in the excess liquidity was in fact to put it back into the hands of the citizens through loans and things of that nature.....our soldiers have not been getting paid in dinar....they never have been.....they are just able to exchange on base for dinar if they want to use in the marketplace....but i have verified that through soldiers on the ground over there.....none are being paid in dinar....and the whole paris club thing is not an expiration date for when they must RV.....they will not get all the debt back if they dont RV by 12-31.....these are exactly the reasons why people need to stop listening to Okie and TK because they have absolutely NO clue what they are talking about......may I ask you where you got this info??? If you got it from their sites then there is no reason to respond because that is what I am suspecting anyway.....

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

Being a VET myself ,, US soldiers are only allowed to have so much DINAR on them at one time. The gov. regulates this because if the DINAR goes up in value and the soldiers have a lot of it ,,,,thats not good. They say rich soldier is no longer a good soldier. Pure B.S. and I dont believe in it , BUT its the truth. If you win the lottery while in the military , they will give you a choice to get out. So i find it hard to believe that there paying them in Dinar before a revalue or after one for that matter... But I see truth in a lot of other things you have said.. I do believe that they have to RV before the end of the year..

• Upvote 1

Not sure what you mean about the borders being sealed and currency not being let out of Iraq.....they havent been letting regular people out of the country with large amounts of dinar for a long time now.....nothing new....not sure how you can verify that the banks stopped making loans....one of the reasons they pulled in the excess liquidity was in fact to put it back into the hands of the citizens through loans and things of that nature.....our soldiers have not been getting paid in dinar....they never have been.....they are just able to exchange on base for dinar if they want to use in the marketplace....but i have verified that through soldiers on the ground over there.....none are being paid in dinar....and the whole paris club thing is not an expiration date for when they must RV.....they will not get all the debt back if they dont RV by 12-31.....these are exactly the reasons why people need to stop listening to Okie and TK because they have absolutely NO clue what they are talking about......may I ask you where you got this info??? If you got it from their sites then there is no reason to respond because that is what I am suspecting anyway.....

Well said keep, thank you for that. It is a matter of folks just trying to grab at whatever straw of hope they can.

It is understandable, but also very good to understand what you just wrote. it will happen when it happens and

no one knows when that will be, but it is coming together piece by piece. It appears the "intel" "gurus" truly should not

be viewed as "fact"....it has proven time and again to be riddled with more hype than fact. This is what frustrates so many,

as it is easy to want it to be true...one day hopefully the truth will simply be when it has RV'd and hopefully at an attractive rate.

All my best!

Jim

---

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But let's look at the facts as adults and be logical!

1 - If the R/V doesn't occur by the latest hour of December 31, 2010, Iraq will be liable for $1+ Trillion worth of foreign debt. If they R/V before then they will only owe $200 Billion. These guys know what's at stake! S!

2 - People are saying that we're right back where we were 9+ months ago (even years ago). Not true. This is the first time since 1991 that the UN Sanctions (Chpt 7), or at least the important sanctions have been lifted, which were preventing this from taking place.

3 - One of the sanctions lifted was the Oil for Food program. Without that program the leadership of Iraq can no longer feed their people in exchange for oil. This means that they must start importing goods to feed the population, meaning they need an internationally recognized, tradeable currency. And in order to do that they need their official currency to be worth something, and that means revalue the dinar. If this doesn't happen, the GOI will become unstable (possibly fall apart), the people of Iraq will start rioting and the situation will get out of control.

4 - Everyone is worried about the GOI going on a 10 day vacation, and not having this all done by then. We must understand there are powers that be (waaaaaay above the GOI parliament) *cough* high counsel/Talibani *cough* that would not let anyone go if this issue wasn't resolved. There is TOO MUCH AT STAKE! Meaning that either the Dinar is going to R/V before this planned vacation or before the end of the year. Or this 2 week vacation thing is just another bunch of smoke being blown up our @$$!! Remember Maliki saying that there would be smoke floating around prior to the R/V? That and the GOI has worked too hard to let this all fall apart!

1. Show me the link or article where it states if the RV doesn'rt happen by the expiration of the paris agreement (12/31) that the forgiven debts will be null??? :blink:

2. valid point and also there is a seated GOI that has been missing for 9 months :)

3. No oil for food......so, they can now sell oil for cash since chapter 7 has been lifted. They can use that cash to buy stuff. They don't need a international currency to do business with the world since the world needs oil. B)

4. I don't know what to say about this one....other than the Iraqis have never cared about timetables in the past, why do you think they will start now :(

• Upvote 5

U.S. Banks and the Iraqi Dinar

After the signing of the SOFA agreement between Iraq and the United States government, banks world wide will soon stop selling the Iraqi Dinar for good. Banks will be distancing themselves from any liability that they have been placing themselves in since the Iraqi law forbids Iraqi Dinar from leaving its borders.

The SOFA Agreement Article 20 also states in plain English that it is illegal to export Iraqi Dinar currency. The Iraqi government placed this in there because they are fully aware of how much dinar is outside the borders of Iraq.

The Iraqi government has put banking institutions on notice to stop this practice of selling their Iraqi currency. When you have it stated inside the text of the SOFA agreement, you know their serious about protecting their economy. I have mentioned this in this blog about currency leaving Iraq being illegal just nobody believes it.

On another note 2009 will be much the same as 2008.

Have a great day!

Posted by don't promote other sites on December 3, 2008 10:20 PM | Permalink

This was the only thing I could find on the DINAR not being able to leave the borders !!

You know, a few days ago I visited J4D and listened to the feeding frenzy going on surrounding Okies predictions. people were being band right and left who simply disagreed with the predictions. I myself tried to inject perspective but was labled a neg and band before I could present my case. What a shame, I enjoy going to all these sites and listening to ALL. I comment very little and will be more carefull in the future. NEVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ANYONE BEING WRONG. because before you can present you reasoning during the frennzy you are kicked or banned. I love facts and will continue to search for them, but will keep them to myself. I do LOVE DV, it was the first dinar site I ever followed and continues to be conducted proffessionaly.

forgive the spelling..never my strong point LOL.

• Upvote 1

Just because a soldier is in Iraq he is not being paid BY Iraq....... he (or she) is being paid by ol' Uncle Sam just like always, direct deposited into their bank like always! What would a soldiers family back home do with payment in dinar?? Just think about how ridiculous that is!

• Upvote 1

My jokee-joke shot at the information... Seeing as how I'm in a puh-retty good mood right now... Now, the RV HAS NOT OCCURRED! Just trying to lighten the mood up a bit...

THE MINISTER OF FINANCE ONLY TOOK OFFICE THURSDAY-- SO what has he been doing with his time. Probably chasing 'chai boys' and daydreaming about how great Iraq could be instead of doing something to get them there.

THE BORDERS ARE SEALED-- dont know that to be fact. Iraq's borders are worse than Mexico so sealing that one... Good luck with that one.

THE BANKS STOPPED MAKING LOANS-- Toilet paper was running short. Have you seen the sewers/sanitation over there. Yeah, TP is a pretty good comodity seeing as it isn't doing much of anything else...

CURRENCY IS NOT BEING LET IN OR OUT OF IRAQ-- Smoke -- No proof.D. Why yes, they need all the TP they can hoard. See above comment

OUR SOLDIERS HAS BEEN PAID THE LAST 3 MONTHS WITH DINAR AT AN EQUIVALENT RATE OF 3.22---False statment. Let me see, if I were a PFC and new that amassing enough of a currency currently worth, well sh*t, I would probably try to get my hands on some so I can go on my block leave and have one helluva vacation too. Or better yet, I'd save enough for a college fund so I have more options when my re-enlistment window opens...

PARIS CLUB DEBT REDUCTION EXPIRES 12-31. There's a lot of speculation on this one. I would like to believe that it is in fact true but I can't seem to find a document that alludes to "Iraq, get your crap together or else..."

Im not here defending Okie or TK, but many of the people here have almost demanded to be told dates and rates, and some of these guys have done the best possible to give the 'masses' what they clamor for. Even though they post it in the rumor section, they get nailed when the 'date' doesnt arrive, but yet people keep feeding back at the rumor 'troff"

Why dont you see for YOURSELF what we have in hand and make your own INFORMED decision?

THE BORDERS ARE SEALED--

Ok....easily this is one of the most ridiculous posts of all!!

Okie, TK, & many others do indeed give dates & rates......only because they get paid to do so!!

THE BORDERS ARE SEALED-- I doubt this!!

THE BANKS STOPPED MAKING LOANS--May not mean anything significant!!

CURRENCY IS NOT BEING LET IN OR OUT OF IRAQ--Debatable...probably not true!! After all, can still get from dealers!!

OUR SOLDIERS HAS BEEN PAID THE LAST 3 MONTHS WITH DINAR AT AN EQUIVALENT RATE OF 3.22---Moronic!!

PARIS CLUB DEBT REDUCTION EXPIRES 12-31---Still no hard evidence for this!! Most likely will receive an extension!!

• Upvote 3