Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Currency Auction 12 27 2010

Doc31

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (1802)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 27-DEC-2010.

The results were as follows:

DetailsNotesNumber of banks14

Auction price selling dinar / US$1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$-----

Amount sold at auction price (US$)127,853,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$)-----

Total offers for buying (US$)127,853,000

Total offers for selling (US$)-----

Exchange rates

Dollar's exchange rates / in Baghdad markets

Spot Oil~$91.78 ... looking solid ... also see article below

Spot Gold $1381 up after going in the toilet after the Sydney open last night ... currently running in a $4 channel

Zeroes ...

Before we post what happened with the zeroes ... let's consider some things here ... this "zero" thing started Oct 7th ... now it was days before anyone noticed it ... even longer before someone posted something about it after beginning to realize it's possible significance. Now after nearly 11 work weeks of zero or near zero cash days ... are we justified in posting anything about it?

I believe that we are and here's why ... first, unless they have another mechanism in place this is indeed the place that USD/IQD "cash transactions" are posted (the fact that we see small amounts says that there is no other mechanism) ... second, the largest reported transaction (today) was still only 1.6% of the total auction which was small with only 14 banks participating after a weekend with an unexplained CBI closure last Thursday ... third, the TOTAL of the last 53 auctions (since Oct 7th) is only 73% of a low normal cash transaction from a SINGLE auction and 50.5% of a high normal (18M-26M are the low and high norms ... although it has been as low as 3M and as high as 51M with many days in the 30'sM if memory serves).

Now whether you agree or disagree with my numbers specifically ... fundamentally, since this is the FIRST time that a single sale has broken the 1% mark, and since 10 weeks and 3 days worth of auctions over an actual 12 week period have totaled 73% or less, and since I don't believe that the Iraqis are in good enough shape to continue this indefinitely without an RI/RV ... yep, I'm going to call it a continued streak of 53 zero or near zero cash days!

I am congnizant of the fact that for the first time in that 12 weeks that a sale DID exceed 1% (where previously they were ... oh, 11%-16% ... it's hard to get an average total sale price ... they really bounce around ... I used 160M although that may be a touch high in which case the % above would be higher not lower). Because of this 1.6% again ... I think we need to keep an eye on it.

Now, I want to thank all of those who participated in the "put a smile on my friend Drox's face" marathon of conspiracies ... I spent all day with my family but periodically I checked in on DV only to end up howling with laughter and my family looking at me like I'd lost my mind ... that is, until I read them some of the posts! You folks are funny! Drox joined in and posted a brilliant piece ... a misdirect, of that I'm certain ... lol. I'm sorry if yesterday's post wasn't what folks expect but since there was simply NO information ... I thought it was a great opportunity to release the pressure a bit, if you will, on everyone's stress.

Okay, regarding the CBI website conspiracy ... nefarious vs "stuff happens" ... while it is possible that they were doing something and attempting to hide it from us ... it was apparently as I expected ... the right person becoming aware that there was a problem during the holidays and then getting a credit card in front of the right person who may or may not have been available during the holidays to get the site back up ... I know ... darn ... right ... a perfectly good conspiracy theory all shot to heck ... lol.

Oh, this morning I posted an article that XXXGator sent me this morning ... "Kuwait’s Oil Minister says, The Global economy can withstand a $100 Crude Oil price" ... that's either near $4 at the pump or $4 actual at the pump although OPEC apparently does NOT concur.

http://dinarvets.com...-100-oil-price/

A friend of mine emailed me and said that his sleep has been disturbed of late in anticipation of an RI/RV ... I'm going to tell you what I told him ... I am relaxed, very peaceful ... I need this to happen just like most of you but I am prepared to go the distance regardless ... but to me, I feel just like I did in the locker room hours before a big game ... I've done all the prep I can do, studied, acquired IQD (and will continue to as long as possible), learned as much as I can without more $$ for post RI/RV money management ... there isn't anything that I can do or say that will help the situation ... it's like I am "suited up", relaxed, and simply waiting for the whistle to blow so that the ball can be kicked and the game begin!

Be at peace my friends ... the holidays tend to stress us emotionally but we also eat ALL of the wrong things and get less exercise so our bodies get stressed as well ... get some rest (preferably the 8hr variety) ... I believe that we will need it.

Doc31

• Upvote 14

Thanks Doc. Nice post. It's always interesting to read your take. I too am in it for the long haul. I still believe that we are in fabulous shape for something big to happen, although I am not sure of the actual timing (seems to me that we have a little while longer but hopefully not past June 30, 2011) - as none of us are. As for me, my wife is a somewhat non-believer. She believes that it is probably too good to be true. Everytime she hears from somone telling us it's a scam she gives me a cold look. But I still believe; although now she will not allow me to invest further. I, too, am very peaceful and look foward to every day. But I don't spend as much time here as I used to. Anyways I hope you had a very nice Christams or holiday break and look foward to some momentous news that will forever change all of our lives or at least put a little cash back in our pockets. Take care and I look foward to seeing you in the new year. GO RV.

lechesuerte

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

See you at the bank soon.

I like that!

New moniker for you Doc: "DocShabbibi3.66" emot-LMAO.gif

RRRRVVVVVVVVV emot-woot.gif T T T T T T T T I I I I I I I I M M M M M M M E E E E E E E E E emot-woot.gifemot-woot.gifemot-woot.gif

You guys are funny!

Do we know each other? I think it was yesterday you said something about a return to SA ...

Peace

Doc31

It is so refreshing after reading rumor after rumor to finally get a cerebral post to read. You are an intellectual who approaches this "thing" with his head, not his heart and, I can only speak for myself, it helps keep my head in the game and stay centered with my eye on the ball. OK. enough sports analogies.

Doc....you da man!

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (1802)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 27-DEC-2010.

The results were as follows:

DetailsNotesNumber of banks14

Auction price selling dinar / US$1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$-----

Amount sold at auction price (US$)127,853,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$)-----

Total offers for buying (US$)127,853,000

Total offers for selling (US$)-----

Exchange rates

Believe it or not. I was the one who brought the CBI site back online. Contacted their host and upped their bandwidth. I now have an interview scheduled next week with CBI.

Dollar's exchange rates / in Baghdad markets

Spot Oil~$91.78 ... looking solid ... also see article below

Spot Gold $1381 up after going in the toilet after the Sydney open last night ... currently running in a $4 channel

Zeroes ...

Before we post what happened with the zeroes ... let's consider some things here ... this "zero" thing started Oct 7th ... now it was days before anyone noticed it ... even longer before someone posted something about it after beginning to realize it's possible significance. Now after nearly 11 work weeks of zero or near zero cash days ... are we justified in posting anything about it?

I believe that we are and here's why ... first, unless they have another mechanism in place this is indeed the place that USD/IQD "cash transactions" are posted (the fact that we see small amounts says that there is no other mechanism) ... second, the largest reported transaction (today) was still only 1.6% of the total auction which was small with only 14 banks participating after a weekend with an unexplained CBI closure last Thursday ... third, the TOTAL of the last 53 auctions (since Oct 7th) is only 73% of a low normal cash transaction from a SINGLE auction and 50.5% of a high normal (18M-26M are the low and high norms ... although it has been as low as 3M and as high as 51M with many days in the 30'sM if memory serves).

Now whether you agree or disagree with my numbers specifically ... fundamentally, since this is the FIRST time that a single sale has broken the 1% mark, and since 10 weeks and 3 days worth of auctions over an actual 12 week period have totaled 73% or less, and since I don't believe that the Iraqis are in good enough shape to continue this indefinitely without an RI/RV ... yep, I'm going to call it a continued streak of 53 zero or near zero cash days!

I am congnizant of the fact that for the first time in that 12 weeks that a sale DID exceed 1% (where previously they were ... oh, 11%-16% ... it's hard to get an average total sale price ... they really bounce around ... I used 160M although that may be a touch high in which case the % above would be higher not lower). Because of this 1.6% again ... I think we need to keep an eye on it.

Now, I want to thank all of those who participated in the "put a smile on my friend Drox's face" marathon of conspiracies ... I spent all day with my family but periodically I checked in on DV only to end up howling with laughter and my family looking at me like I'd lost my mind ... that is, until I read them some of the posts! You folks are funny! Drox joined in and posted a brilliant piece ... a misdirect, of that I'm certain ... lol. I'm sorry if yesterday's post wasn't what folks expect but since there was simply NO information ... I thought it was a great opportunity to release the pressure a bit, if you will, on everyone's stress.

Okay, regarding the CBI website conspiracy ... nefarious vs "stuff happens" ... while it is possible that they were doing something and attempting to hide it from us ... it was apparently as I expected ... the right person becoming aware that there was a problem during the holidays and then getting a credit card in front of the right person who may or may not have been available during the holidays to get the site back up ... I know ... darn ... right ... a perfectly good conspiracy theory all shot to heck ... lol.

Oh, this morning I posted an article that XXXGator sent me this morning ... "Kuwait’s Oil Minister says, The Global economy can withstand a $100 Crude Oil price" ... that's either near $4 at the pump or $4 actual at the pump although OPEC apparently does NOT concur.

http://dinarvets.com...-100-oil-price/

A friend of mine emailed me and said that his sleep has been disturbed of late in anticipation of an RI/RV ... I'm going to tell you what I told him ... I am relaxed, very peaceful ... I need this to happen just like most of you but I am prepared to go the distance regardless ... but to me, I feel just like I did in the locker room hours before a big game ... I've done all the prep I can do, studied, acquired IQD (and will continue to as long as possible), learned as much as I can without more $$ for post RI/RV money management ... there isn't anything that I can do or say that will help the situation ... it's like I am "suited up", relaxed, and simply waiting for the whistle to blow so that the ball can be kicked and the game begin!

Be at peace my friends ... the holidays tend to stress us emotionally but we also eat ALL of the wrong things and get less exercise so our bodies get stressed as well ... get some rest (preferably the 8hr variety) ... I believe that we will need it.

Doc31

• Downvote 1

I like that!

You guys are funny!

Do we know each other? I think it was yesterday you said something about a return to SA ...

Peace

Doc31

A few months back, you hinted to being from San Antonio and I responded that I would call up my old "Team" buddies and rescue you from Florida when you were ready. Yet, once a Texan always a Texan :bow:

RRRRRVVVVVVV :woot: T T T T T T T T T I I I I I I I M M M M M M M M M E E E E E E E E E :woot: :woot: :woot:

Okay, okay, since you're not going to sign off as DocShabbibi3.66, at least sign off as Doc$3.66 :surgeon:

Edited by dinariac

LECHESUERTE - HOW DID YOU ARRIVE AT JUNE 30, 2011 AS THE NEW IQD RV DATE - PARTICULARLY ON THE DAY WHEN HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF US HAVE BEEN ANTICIPATING TO BE THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK FOR THE RV TO HAPPEN? WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR FACTS? IS THIS YOUR OPINION OR DO YOU HAVE SUBSTANTIATED, DOCUMENTED PROOF THAT IT IS GOING TO BE JUNE 30, 2011? IF NOT, WHAT ARE YOU CREDENTIALS AND QUALIFICATIONS TO MAKE SUCH A PROJECTION? ALSO, WHAT ABOUT THE PENALTIES THAT WILL BE IMPLEMENTED IF IRAQ DOES NOT MEET ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS THEY COMMITTED TO MEET BY DECEMBER 31, 2010? PLEASE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH US.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

A few months back, you hinted to being from San Antonio and I responded that I would call up my old "Team" buddies and rescue you from Florida when you were ready. Yet, once a Texan always a Texan emot-worship.gif

RRRRRVVVVVVV emot-woot.gif T T T T T T T T T I I I I I I I M M M M M M M M M E E E E E E E E E emot-woot.gifemot-woot.gifemot-woot.gif

Okay, okay, since you're not going to sign off as DocShabbibi3.66, at least sign off as Doc$3.66 smiley-sick026.gif

I remember that ... I just didn't remember that the "call up" was from you ... ok, now I'm on the same page ...

Ya' know I have a strict policy of no "rate or date" ... I'm thinking that with those screennames there would be those among the faithful who would CLAIM that (since they just scream rate) that I MIGHT have violated my own rule and subliminally suggested a rate!

Peace

Doc31

LECHESUERTE - HOW DID YOU ARRIVE AT JUNE 30, 2011 AS THE NEW IQD RV DATE - PARTICULARLY ON THE DAY WHEN HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF US HAVE BEEN ANTICIPATING TO BE THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK FOR THE RV TO HAPPEN? WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR FACTS? IS THIS YOUR OPINION OR DO YOU HAVE SUBSTANTIATED, DOCUMENTED PROOF THAT IT IS GOING TO BE JUNE 30, 2011? IF NOT, WHAT ARE YOU CREDENTIALS AND QUALIFICATIONS TO MAKE SUCH A PROJECTION? ALSO, WHAT ABOUT THE PENALTIES THAT WILL BE IMPLEMENTED IF IRAQ DOES NOT MEET ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS THEY COMMITTED TO MEET BY DECEMBER 31, 2010? PLEASE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH US.

This is not an exact date. I'm not making any predictions. If you follow all articles, info posted from the IMF, UN and the pm M they have said that there is an extention on the DFI funds until this date. So I believe that this is the furthest possible date at this point in time. Due to Iraq's, and the world's fluidity and ever changing situtations we never know exactly. I hope it is before then. If you look at my posts - I almost always ended with "GO RV in 2010!!!!" I don't have any credentials just a few years of research and reading. It seems to me that with Iraq anything is possible. But with research we can arrive at more probable dates and rate ranges but little else (this is assuming that things are not changed midstream, as they often are). Anyways Happy New Year and peace to all. GO RV!!!!

• Upvote 5

It's just another date to consider. I think that's when the IMF will release the DFI funds back to the GOI.

IMF document

Thanks Doc. Nice post. It's always interesting to read your take. I too am in it for the long haul. I still believe that we are in fabulous shape for something big to happen, although I am not sure of the actual timing (seems to me that we have a little while longer but hopefully not past June 30, 2011) - as none of us are. As for me, my wife is a somewhat non-believer. She believes that it is probably too good to be true. Everytime she hears from somone telling us it's a scam she gives me a cold look. But I still believe; although now she will not allow me to invest further. I, too, am very peaceful and look foward to every day. But I don't spend as much time here as I used to. Anyways I hope you had a very nice Christams or holiday break and look foward to some momentous news that will forever change all of our lives or at least put a little cash back in our pockets. Take care and I look foward to seeing you in the new year. GO RV.

lechesuerte

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47295-cbi-currency-auction-12-27-2010/#ixzz19KlXXQCD

I completely agree ... Wife is still sceptical, and has cut me off from buying more ... LOL

And well, Thanks again Doc31 for your continued insite into this subject.

• Upvote 1

Hey Doc,

Is there any way to get a list of the (14) banks that participated?

I know that I've seen a list ... didn't save it ... perhaps someone has a link ... I have to chuckle though because at the time I saw a list there were 19 ... so for weeks when I was commenting on the CBI currency auction I would say "14 (or whatever) of 19 banks participating" ... then one day there were 21! ... I said,"apparently, I lost count somewhere"! I was thinking ... oh, yeah they added 2 I remember that! ... a week or so later I think they reported that 24 (or something) participated ... I laughed and gave up.

So why don't you find out and then PM me with the results ... thanks Joe P

Doc31