Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama

hf328

Even he is jumping in on the Band Wagaon....

Obama Calls Iraq Government 'Significant Moment'

In new Iraqi government, Obama sees 'step forward' and 'clear rejection' of extremism

The Associated Press

Post a Comment WASHINGTON December 21, 2010 (AP)

PrintRSSFont Size: Share:EmailTwitterFacebookMoreFarkTechnoratiGoogleLiveMy SpaceNewsvineRedditDeliciousMixxYahoo

President Barack Obama is hailing the formation of Iraq's new government as a "significant moment" in the country's history.

In a written statement Tuesday, Obama said it's both a "major step forward" and a "clear rejection" of sectarian extremism.

The government, headed by Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, a Shiite, was approved unanimously in Baghdad on Tuesday, ending nine months of political gridlock that had Washington fearing fresh political turmoil as U.S. forces continue their Iraq drawdown.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

• Upvote 2

in all of my life i have never seen so much negativity as is displayed on this site. what a bunch of sour fruits. may you all join together and rot simultaneously. more good news out of iraq and the world today than in the last 7 years, and you sit there with a smirk on your face thinking you're smarter than the president of the United States of America. granted he is not real popular right now and i wish he had lost, but he is doing what is necessary to get you paid. so if you can't say something positive, stf up.

So what is he doing to help push the RV or for that matter the formation of the Iraqi government forward? He claimed the surge was a waste when he was doing his oh-so-short tenure as a so-called senator. So I will positively say that he is a good community organizer but as far as doing anything but tear down the United States in the international arena I just haven't heard or read of anything he has done to contribute to making this event happen any faster. As far as your rather rude comments, right back at ya.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

in all of my life i have never seen so much negativity as is displayed on this site. what a bunch of sour fruits. may you all join together and rot simultaneously. more good news out of iraq and the world today than in the last 7 years, and you sit there with a smirk on your face thinking you're smarter than the president of the United States of America. granted he is not real popular right now and i wish he had lost, but he is doing what is necessary to get you paid. so if you can't say something positive, stf up.

Well said jpr1954. Some people just love to hate anyway.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If you payed attention in grade school you'd all know that the president doesn't actually make ANY real important decisions about anything. This one nor any in the future until we change things in our government. So instead of bashing him which is what they want how bout bash yourselves for even voting for any president. Change? Vote for senators and congress then you might have a shot. Presidents are smoke and mirrors people. BTW RV please and thank you!

• Upvote 2