Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The ping

The Original Spike

Sounds like TK is at it again lol he was the one that put out the first ping rumor, only time will tell thanks for the postcool.gif

Yep!

Not quite sure why someone gave you a (-) but I just leveled you out with a (+)

I got half way through this post and immediately said to myself, "TK"

Sounds JUST like him.......

Actually, I realized it was TK when I read "I got a call from a friend who's a computer guru!"

P.S.

Does this ALSO mean that "We are in 'receive mode'?" :lol:

Edited by dinarded
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Sounds like TK is at it again lol he was the one that put out the first ping rumor, only time will tell thanks for the postcool.gif

I'm not making predictions, don't know if its more than banking tests that mean nothing at all. I just thought it an odd call. I gain nothing from pumping, wish I could get an Ali cut! LOL, but really just relaying the call. He usually just works at nights on the different systems, but has been doing a lot of day work as of late. Not trying to take anything from TK or make any predictions, just relaying the conversation. B)

Yep!

Not quite sure why someone gave you a (-) but I just leveled you out with a (+)

I got half way through this post and immediately said to myself, "TK"

Sounds JUST like him.......

Actually, I realized it was TK when I read "I got a call from a friend who's a computer guru!"

P.S.

Does this ALSO mean that "We are in 'receive mode'?" :lol:

LOL, thanks for keeping me level! :)

• Upvote 13

Yeah sure, they openly ping outside of all known security protocols, outside of any encryption, outside of web and any secure tunneling protocols for some b.s. artist to just stumble upon. Total b.s.! I've been in I.T. too long to believe that fake rumor, sorry. Don't make a purchase decision based on that. Now if they started to talk about the methods of listening or decrypting traffic perhaps inside the secured networks, I might ...maybe... perk up and listen a bit... maybe...please no bashing just telling it from someone with the background to discern.

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 11

Yeah sure, they openly ping outside of all known security protocols, outside of any encryption, outside of web and any secure tunneling protocols for some b.s. artist to just stumble upon. Total b.s.! I've been in I.T. too long to believe that fake rumor, sorry. Don't make a purchase decision based on that. Now if they started to talk about the methods of listening or decrypting traffic perhaps inside the secured networks, I might ...maybe... perk up and listen a bit... maybe...please no bashing just telling it from someone with the background to discern.

I'm not IT... just relaying what I was told. Not trying to insult a veteran IT guy, and maybe he was just explaining to me in a non-IT person kind of way, I can fumble around and do a few basic applications, but have no real idea about what you are talking about with the tech talk you just addressed. So, do you explain complexities about computer protocol with people who barely know how to turn one on? I'm sure they would look at you like you were speaking an unknown foreign language. Wasn't trying to push an agenda, just found it curious is all. I wouldn't run out and buy more either right now, unless I had more disposable income that I could sit on. The kids need presents and the smile on their faces mean more than getting a little bit more dinar. So thank you for your input. :)

• Upvote 10

I'm not IT... just relaying what I was told. Not trying to insult a veteran IT guy, and maybe he was just explaining to me in a non-IT person kind of way, I can fumble around and do a few basic applications, but have no real idea about what you are talking about with the tech talk you just addressed. So, do you explain complexities about computer protocol with people who barely know how to turn one on? I'm sure they would look at you like you were speaking an unknown foreign language. Wasn't trying to push an agenda, just found it curious is all. I wouldn't run out and buy more either right now, unless I had more disposable income that I could sit on. The kids need presents and the smile on their faces mean more than getting a little bit more dinar. So thank you for your input. :)

He went on to ask me did I know anything about the process of pinging. ( I know a little bit, but didn't let him know.)

Read more:

So we go from knowing a little bit about pinging to barely being able to turn a computer on? :lol:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

So we go from knowing a little bit about pinging to barely being able to turn a computer on? :lol:

The concept of a "little bit" being a ping is a testing process of making sure when a currency updates in the market, the computers can read, translate and post correctly. (A little bit). The computer bit, surf the web, download and burn music, and a few other basic functions. Figure of speech. I'm not illiterate in all subject matter, just not as literate in the tech field as being an operator, but understand the concepts.

• Upvote 9

i think its these great rumors that make me go crazy when things are delayed or doesn't happen. But i will always stay optimistic GO RV.... I NEED IT. I just want to laugh at all the people who said it wouldn't happen

Don't laugh yet, bad Karma! Wait until it happens, THEN LYAO!

• Upvote 1

The "ping" story has been around at least since this time last year when we were convinced that the RV was going to occur immediately after passing of the election law. Maliki supposedly "had to RV" in order to have any chance at all to retain the PM position. Needless to say, it didn't happen, and if they haven't pinged enough by now to know that the system works, then they better switch to playing "pong." :P

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1