Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Any links to Shabibi stating he is against the lop concept?

jimsasya

It seems to be gospel that Shabibi has stated he is against a lop. I have searched around quite a bit and can't seem to find anything that gives me the impression he is against it. I understand he is head of a central bank and per central bank job descriptions, they have to be cryptic in the way they communicate. I also understand he will not use terms like "lop." However, I can't find anything that quotes him saying anything about a lop concept in a negative light. Please don't accuse me of not searching. I have read articles that people claim are the smoking gun of his opposition to a lop but what I have seen could be intrepreted either way.

Thanks!

It seems to be gospel that Shabibi has stated he is against a lop. I have searched around quite a bit and can't seem to find anything that gives me the impression he is against it. I understand he is head of a central bank and per central bank job descriptions, they have to be cryptic in the way they communicate. I also understand he will not use terms like "lop." However, I can't find anything that quotes him saying anything about a lop concept in a negative light. Please don't accuse me of not searching. I have read articles that people claim are the smoking gun of his opposition to a lop but what I have seen could be intrepreted either way.

Thanks!

WE'VE HAD SO MANY NEWBIES OVER THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER, JUST GO TO THE PREVIOUS FORUMS AND LOOK FOR EITHER LOP OR LOPSTERS AND YOU WILL MORE THAN LIKELY FIND YOUR ANSWER. HOPE THAT HELPS

Edited by mrref
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No one "really knows" if there is or isn't going to be a deletion of the zeros on the currency or a so called lop (with the "possible" exception of the GOI). Nor do they know if there is going to be a deletion of the zeros on the nominal rate. There are so many scenerios that could happen on the currency. I am not trying to be a party poop, but lets face facts does ANYONE really know what these people are going to do? As stated today in an article, all the "infighting" could drag this out........ again! Have been in this investment for years now and it changes on a daily basis. The best thing to do is to hope for the best, but expect nothing until it comes from a reliable source.....

<_<

This might help, statement from Maliki

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said on Sunday that the process to re-evaluate the Iraqi dinar has to do with economic conditions that have to be strengthened.

�The Iraqi dinar has all the reasons to grow stronger thanks to an increase in revenues and development of the economy,� Maliki said in response to some questions through the National Information Center.

�The government would not rush matters but would rather work on finding all the guarantees to render this measure a success. The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) is currently entrusted with drawing up a study on the whole issue and would give its decision soon,� said the Iraqi premier.

The Iraqi dinar�s exchange rate is suffering from low value against foreign currencies as a result of decades of wars and economic embargo that brought the local currency�s exchange rate to the rock bottom from three dinars per dollar in the late 1970s and 1980s to 3,000 dinars per dollar after the 1990 invasion of Kuwait, followed by a 13-year crippling sanctions regime.

The exchange rate fell even more after 2003 to reach 1170 dinars per dollar due to the CBI�s policy of daily auction, in effect for more than five years now.

The policy was lambasted by several economists on the grounds that these auctions do not give the real value of the country�s local currency.

http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=127789

Read more:

Here is a statement made by Shabibi in 2008 Article Titled "Iraq on a roll "

DEC08 ISSUE102

There has been a lot of speculation that the Iraqi dinar might be revalued at some point as the economy becomes stronger as a result of increased oil revenue. Is there going to be a revaluation of dinar in the near future?

I always refrain from making any comments on the subject of revaluation. I refrain because everybody will always believe a Central Banker over anyone else on this matter, so I am not going to say anything.

http://www.cpifinancial.net/v2/Magazine.aspx?v=1&aid=1809&cat=BME&in=102

Actually, it confused me more. From the chart, it looks like the Post-RV value of 25,000 dinar is still only $21.37, instead of the $75,000 + we're all hoping for! :o

It says right above that graph with all the numbers to see the post-RV/RI value of each denomination and change this number to the expected exchange rate. The current exchange rate is .0008547 (1 divided by 1170) which is shown right above the graph. So you have to multiply the 25,000 by the new exchange rate. Say if it's $1.00 then that 25K note would be worth $25,000 instead of the $21.37 it's worth now. I guess they didn't change the numbers in the other boxes because they don't know what the new rate is going to be. So our $25K notes will hopefully be worth a lot more than $21.37 pretty soon. :)