Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam's Email

ctoddy

I was asked by a friend to make a comment on this post so I will. I will make this short. The Kuwait and Iraqi 22bil deal will be worked out behind closed doors on or around the 17th of Dec with the UN and it is more than likely that they will reach an agreement on how this 22 Bil will be paid. On other matters it is assumed Iraq will agree to work with Kuwait to find missing people and missing artifacts still missing from Kuwait. The border dispute is all but done and waiting for final touches. Kuwait and Iraq will be (guided) into an agreement and I look for their differences to be settled within days which will be one more step closer to the RV. Remember that Kuwait depends on the US for security in the region and they know what we want. It is all coming together and should be totally done by the end of this year pending no severe blow up at this point.

There's the rub......IF there is no severe blow-up???????????? That's all we've had for the last few years...one hitch in the proceedings after another :(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

at 200 million barrels/day times $80/ bbl that's 16 billion a day. 5% of 16 billion is EIGHT HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS A DAY. shouldn't take long to get their 22 billion dollars....23 days.

oops. 27.5 days.

If you dont know of what you speak best to educate your self until you do. Current Iraqi oil production is at 2.4 million bpd. Here is a link to back that up. http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/12/news/international/iraq_oil/index.htm

Now rework your math calculation and tell up how long it will be now.

• Upvote 2

I was asked by a friend to make a comment on this post so I will. I will make this short. The Kuwait and Iraqi 22bil deal will be worked out behind closed doors on or around the 17th of Dec with the UN and it is more than likely that they will reach an agreement on how this 22 Bil will be paid. On other matters it is assumed Iraq will agree to work with Kuwait to find missing people and missing artifacts still missing from Kuwait. The border dispute is all but done and waiting for final touches. Kuwait and Iraq will be (guided) into an agreement and I look for their differences to be settled within days which will be one more step closer to the RV. Remember that Kuwait depends on the US for security in the region and they know what we want. It is all coming together and should be totally done by the end of this year pending no severe blow up at this point.

Nice, concise synopsis, thanks Viper. Here's to an RV/RI before Christmas.

• Upvote 1

why would Kuwait care what Iraq's exchange rate it?...they are being paid in US dollars...the only thing they are worried about is where the border is...where the missing bodies are and getting repaid by Iraq. Kuwait has nothing to do with the exchange rate of the dinar...nor do they care what it is....why would they?

jmw,

I think the assumption is that they want to get paid in ID. Which should not be the agreement. The agreement was made in USD (imo) and would be paid in such, unless politics comes into play and someone wants to grandstand.

Lets hope Viper is correct and they take care of this quickly.

WBC

Does anyone know if Kuwait has been receiving the 5% dfi funds on an ongoing basis or is that saved for them and waiting to be released? It would seem that quite a bit of that $22billion has already been paid back or is sitting in a savings account for them already? I'm sure this has been explained in detail already, but I just don't remember. Thanks, come on RV!

why would Kuwait care what Iraq's exchange rate it?...they are being paid in US dollars...the only thing they are worried about is where the border is...where the missing bodies are and getting repaid by Iraq. Kuwait has nothing to do with the exchange rate of the dinar...nor do they care what it is....why would they?

The rumor is kuwait wants to be paid in dinar ( instead of u.s dollars) the 22 billion owed and they want it now before they r.v. They know dinar will be worth alot more than the U.S dollar after the R.V So if true "thats telling us that the dinar will r.v alot higher than 1.00.

Thanks for your take on ti Viper.

God Bless

Blanc

• Upvote 1

The fact that the USA is security and big brother for the region is a VERY big point. It is also good to know that as long as we are around , Iran wont get any big ideas about expanding west.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The rumor is kuwait wants to be paid in dinar ( instead of u.s dollars) the 22 billion owed and they want it now before they r.v. They know dinar will be worth alot more than the U.S dollar after the R.V So if true "thats telling us that the dinar will r.v alot higher than 1.00.

The problem is the rumor just doesn't add up....they are owed 22 billion which equates to around 23 trillion dinar...which would double their M2 money supply and not really feasible.....not to mention that Kuwait has no need for a currency that isn't tradable....now how long will it take to pay them at the 5% of revenue?....well they currently produce about 2.5 mbpd and let's say they could get $80 per barrel....that would gross 73 billion per year and 5% of that would get them 3.6 billion per year...so it will take them several years to get this cleared up.

I was asked by a secret agent to post this so I will. In a nutshell… Look at the left hand and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

V,

Hey welcome back! :D

Will you post the link or the reasoning that led you to this assumption?

I am sure that with a claim like that you would have something to vindicate it for these fine people besides your unscathed honor.

This isn’t from one of those people that for the safety of mankind can’t be revealed… is it?

Just sayin…..

Viper needs no link. He has proved that many times. His info comes directly from Baghdad.

As far as being paid in IQD, the RV will HAVE to happen before they pay Kuwait in IQD. $22 Billion USD worth of IQD = 25,740,000,000. That amount is rumored to be the amount of IQD in total circulation.

As I've stated many times, Kuwait knows what's going on, and is giving us the clues.

Thanks,

Know Moral Eyes

The problem is the rumor just doesn't add up....they are owed 22 billion which equates to around 23 trillion dinar...which would double their M2 money supply and not really feasible.....not to mention that Kuwait has no need for a currency that isn't tradable....now how long will it take to pay them at the 5% of revenue?....well they currently produce about 2.5 mbpd and let's say they could get $80 per barrel....that would gross 73 billion per year and 5% of that would get them 3.6 billion per year...so it will take them several years to get this cleared up.

This is NO RUMOR. There is an article to back this up.

Click here to read this article.

UNITED NATIONS — Iraq’s return from the isolation into which it was cast by Saddam Hussein will be ended with less of a bang than a whimper here, as Vice President Biden chaired the proceedings but Kuwait held out out for a substantial payday.

The emirate of Kuwait blocked the American-led attempt to readmit Iraq, a budding democracy, into “the international fold” by ending restrictions imposed here during the last two decades as punishment for Saddam Hussein’s transgressions.

The Kuwaiti holdout was the only blemish on a day when, under the chairmanship of Vice President Biden and with as much pomp as possible, the United Nations Security Council posthumously endorsed Saddam’s removal from power. The council did so by lifting most of the punishment it had imposed on the Saddam regime in the lead-up to the 2003 Iraq war in several resolutions under Chapter 7, which allows nations to enforce the council’s will.

As one diplomat put it, the council in effect officially closed the book on President Bush 43’s war to liberate Iraq, but failed to end the 1991 war that his father, President Bush 41, led to liberate Kuwait.

Several diplomats here tell me Kuwait was hoping that the next government in Baghdad will give it an advance payment – as high as $20 billion –in exchange for agreeing to lift the outstanding Security Council Chapter 7 resolutions, which were imposed in the aftermath of Saddam’s 1990 invasion that led up to the first Gulf War.

Under the existing resolutions, Iraq pays 5% of its oil proceeds to Kuwait; it must clearly mark the border between the two countries and vow not to cross it; and it is required to locate and return persons and archives that have disappeared during the invasion and the consequent 1991 war.

Diplomats say that the two countries are negotiating how to lower Iraq’s payment to 2% of the oil proceeds. Kuwait also insists that the those missing in action and lost archives be returned, although most observers agree that they are unlikely ever to be found. The border issue has more to do with Kuwait’s past fears of Saddam than with its concerns about the future rulers of Baghdad.

Iraq’s foreign minister, Hoshyar Zebari, denied that Kuwait was demanding an advance payment. “Not true,” he told me. But several diplomats who spoke on condition of anonymity say they believe that Kuwait would only agree to end the outstanding disputes in exchange for Iraqi cash.

Mr. Zebari acknowledged that although the “technical issues” between the countries have mostly been resolved, the dispute with Kuwait remains. It is a “top challenge” for the government that Prime Minister-elect Malaki intends to present soon, Mr. Zebari told reporters here. “We need to address these issues promptly after the formation of the government,” he said.

Meanwhile the Security Council approved three American-backed resolutions, lifting a ban on Iraqi arms and approving its right to develop nuclear technology for civilian use; terminating United Nations supervision of the country’s economy; and officially closing the Oil for Food program.

France reverted to its role as spoiler by abstaining on the resolution that ended the troubled U.N.-based Oil for Food program. Several French officials and companies were implicated by an independent committee of inquiry into the program led by the former chairman of the Federal Bank, Paul Volcker.

Mr. Biden, who joked that his frequent Iraq visits along the years entitle him to citizenship there, told the council that “as a founding member of the United Nations, Iraq seeks and deserves the opportunity to resume its rightful role in the community of nations.” Although Mr. Biden ignored the role the previous administration played in overthrowing Saddam, he acknowledged in his speech that he believed that Iraq’s “best days are ahead.”

For now, however, Mr. Biden and other council members merely welcomed Iraq’s “return to the international fold,” as Britain’s undersecretary of foreign affairs, Alistair Burt, defined it.

“Today we close a dark chapter,” Mr. Zebari said, adding however that the dispute with “our brotherly neighbor Kuwait” leaves Iraq under chapter 7 and therefore denies it a membership in good standing at Turtle Bay.

Thanks,

Know Moral Eyes

• Upvote 3

It says Iraqi cash....not Iraqi dinar...all oil is purchased in US dollars...they are owed 22 billion in US dollars...they are receiving 5% of the oil revenues...it's all in US dollars....there isn't enough dinar in the world to pay them in dinar...it's really not that complicated.

People are using to hype the rv.....

• Downvote 1

Seems to me it would behoove Iraq to Rv then settle with Kuwait in US dollars as the dinar would be higher in value based upon the $8.67 USD per dinar exchange rate (Link - little birdie told me). That would make up that 22 Billion gap pretty quickly....and exactly how does one go about finding missing people (presumed dead I would think)? The artifacts is an easy one...just look in the unmarked boxes in Maliki's kitchen storage room...a high probability of finding them there.

I sure hope you are just joking about that rate of $8.67 - that's just crazy talk! Newbies, don't get your hopes up on this rate - you will surely be disappointed!

It says Iraqi cash....not Iraqi dinar...all oil is purchased in US dollars...they are owed 22 billion in US dollars...they are receiving 5% of the oil revenues...it's all in US dollars....there isn't enough dinar in the world to pay them in dinar...it's really not that complicated.

People are using to hype the rv.....

You're not too bright, are you? Iraq only has one type of "cash." It's called dinar. The term "cash" means paper currency. The US has one type of cash, and it's called the Dollar.

IRAQI cash is the payment specified. I don't believe our dollar can be considered Iraqi. Iraq has their own currency, and Kuwait knows that it will be worth more very soon. You're right, it's not that complicated.

Open your eyes before your mouth,

Know Moral Eyes

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

They use both the US dollar and Iraqi Dinar in Iraq. It appears the context of the words used were meant to create confusion. Why not just come out and say Iraqi dinar....It leaves it open for speculation....The other context refers to possession....Iraqi cash....could still be dollars.... just sayin

I know that they use both currencies. Which one BELONGS to Iraq? If they meant the USD, don't you think they would've said, "US Dollar or US Cash?" Iraq's CASH is dinar. US's CASH is dollar.

I don't think they would have specified which "cash" to pay in if it were so obviously the USD, being that they have been using USD for so long. If they weren't referring to the IQD, they would've just said, "pay us."

Deuces,

Know Moral Eyes

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You're not too bright, are you? Iraq only has one type of "cash." It's called dinar. The term "cash" means paper currency. The US has one type of cash, and it's called the Dollar.

IRAQI cash is the payment specified. I don't believe our dollar can be considered Iraqi. Iraq has their own currency, and Kuwait knows that it will be worth more very soon. You're right, it's not that complicated.

Know Moral Eyes

Wow….surely you are big enough to have a discussion based on the merits of your argument without resorting to childish name calling….but maybe your right and I am just stupid….Here is an article that states that Iraq has already paid over $27 billion US dollars and owes Kuwait another $25 billion…notice that it doesn’t say Dinar anywhere.

http://www.isn.ethz.ch/isn/Current-Affairs/Security-Watch/Detail/?ots591=&lng=en&id=102558

Now the next article talks about Kuwait’s Dinar being pegged to a basket of currency instead of being pegged to the dollar. What this means is the value of their Dinar is based on assets consisting of various currencies from their trade partners….of which it is estimated that the US dollar consist of 75% of the basket.

Now since the Iraqi Dinar isn’t an internationally traded currency they would not have any Dinar in this basket.

Now the more US dollars they can bring in the stronger the value of their currency…so do you really think they would want to be paid in Iraqi Dinar?

http://www.arabtimesonline.com/RSS/tabid/69/smid/414/ArticleID/152131/Default.aspx

Since Iraq’s currency isn’t internationally traded they pay all of their debts and contracts in US dollars

If Iraq were to pay Kuwait in Dinar they would have to convert it to US dollars in order to use it and if they owed them $25 billion US dollars they would have to pay them roughly 25 TRILLION Dinar and if they told them they had to RV first that would mean they would have 25 trillion to 75 trillion US dollars worth of Dinar…who would be able to convert that?

As bigfoot stated…they use US currency as cash as much if not more than they use the Dinar…do you have anything else to substantiate they want to be paid in Dinar?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Know Moral Eyes

That's just simply uncalled for!

You're on other boards and you don't act like this over there do you?

Why... because they'd kick you in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Wow….surely you are big enough to have a discussion based on the merits of your argument without resorting to childish name calling….but maybe your right and I am just stupid….Here is an article that states that Iraq has already paid over $27 billion US dollars and owes Kuwait another $25 billion…notice that it doesn’t say Dinar anywhere.

http://www.isn.ethz.ch/isn/Current-Affairs/Security-Watch/Detail/?ots591=&lng=en&id=102558

Now the next article talks about Kuwait’s Dinar being pegged to a basket of currency instead of being pegged to the dollar. What this means is the value of their Dinar is based on assets consisting of various currencies from their trade partners….of which it is estimated that the US dollar consist of 75% of the basket.

Now since the Iraqi Dinar isn’t an internationally traded currency they would not have any Dinar in this basket.

Now the more US dollars they can bring in the stronger the value of their currency…so do you really think they would want to be paid in Iraqi Dinar?

http://www.arabtimesonline.com/RSS/tabid/69/smid/414/ArticleID/152131/Default.aspx

Since Iraq’s currency isn’t internationally traded they pay all of their debts and contracts in US dollars

If Iraq were to pay Kuwait in Dinar they would have to convert it to US dollars in order to use it and if they owed them $25 billion US dollars they would have to pay them roughly 25 TRILLION Dinar and if they told them they had to RV first that would mean they would have 25 trillion to 75 trillion US dollars worth of Dinar…who would be able to convert that?

As bigfoot stated…they use US currency as cash as much if not more than they use the Dinar…do you have anything else to substantiate they want to be paid in Dinar?

I want you to go back through my post, and find where I "called you a name." I read it a few times, and can't seem to find any childish names!!

Know Moral Eyes

I want you to go back through my post, and find where I "called you a name." I read it a few times, and can't seem to find any childish names!!

Know Moral Eyes

"You're not too bright, are you?" and "Open your eyes before your mouth" were slap downs....and if you can't see that, then I will have to quote...You're not too bright, are you?

Edited by singaporesling
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

That's just simply uncalled for!

You're on other boards and you don't act like this over there do you?

Why... because they'd kick you in a heartbeat.

No, I don't act like that elsewhere, because people don't answer your theories with rudeness. I don't fire until fired upon. When I saw someone ask Viper for a link, it set me off. Viper has NEVER needed a link to prove himself. Yes, I admit that my reply was a bit uncalled for.

If you talk to me "off the boards" you know that I give plenty of info. I give more info in PMs than on the boards for several reasons, and this is one.

When you get to the other place you've seen me, hit me with a PM, bro. I'll tell you more.

See you there,

Know Moral Eyes

"You're not too bright, are you?" and "Open your eyes before your mouth" were slap downs....and if you can't see that, then I will have to quote...You're not too bright, are you?

I actually don't account myself as to being bright at all. There are several other people that rely on me for information, but I see myself as an ordinary individual who has done an extremely large amount of research into every aspect of this investment.

As I stated in another reply in this thread, I do admit that my reply was uncalled for. If the person that reply was directed toward meant no harm in their reply to me, then I formally apologize for my candor. Also, as I said, I only fire when fired upon.

I'm actually a very peaceful fellow!! Slapdowns... yes. Name calling... no. I don't name call.

Accept a public apology from me to all who were offended. I apologize. We're all in this together.

Know Moral Eyes

• Upvote 3

No, I don't act like that elsewhere, because people don't answer your theories with rudeness. I don't fire until fired upon. When I saw someone ask Viper for a link, it set me off. Viper has NEVER needed a link to prove himself. Yes, I admit that my reply was a bit uncalled for.

If you talk to me "off the boards" you know that I give plenty of info. I give more info in PMs than on the boards for several reasons, and this is one.

When you get to the other place you've seen me, hit me with a PM, bro. I'll tell you more.

See you there,

Know Moral Eyes

I actually don't account myself as to being bright at all. There are several other people that rely on me for information, but I see myself as an ordinary individual who has done an extremely large amount of research into every aspect of this investment.

As I stated in another reply in this thread, I do admit that my reply was uncalled for. If the person that reply was directed toward meant no harm in their reply to me, then I formally apologize for my candor. Also, as I said, I only fire when fired upon.

I'm actually a very peaceful fellow!! Slapdowns... yes. Name calling... no. I don't name call.

Accept a public apology from me to all who were offended. I apologize. We're all in this together.

Know Moral Eyes

Ok, I'll buy that...peace.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wonder just how much US dollars Iraq has at their disposal. It would seem logical (?) that Iraq muster up the $22 billion in 'our' money to hand over to the United Nations who would then pay back Kuwait on Iraq's behalf. If it were only that easy! I can't see how the United Nations could turn down that offer from Iraq and then we could say "end of story"!!