Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kuwait Welcomes UNSC Iraq-Related Resolutions

carlablum

Kuwait Welcomes UNSC Iraq-Related Resolutions

Politics 12/16/2010 5:23:00 PM

KUWAIT, Dec 16 (KUNA) -- The State of Kuwait welcomed here Thursday the approval of the United Nations Security Council of some Iraq-related resolutions, including 1956 on Iraq Development Fund, 1957 on mass destruction weapons and 1958 on oil for food program.

Further, the State of Kuwait expressed its happiness over the statement made by the UNSC presidency which calls on Iraq to fulfill its remaining obligations as quickly as possible, and it also hailed the speech given by the Iraqi Foreign Minister in which he affirmed his country's commitment to carrying out all its remaining obligations in relation to Kuwait, stressing that these obligations will be on the top of the priorities of the new Iraqi Government.

All the previous remarks were made in a cable sent by Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Dr. Mohammad Sabah Al-Salem Al-Sabah to Iraqi Foreign Minister Mr. Hoshyar Zebari in which Sheikh Dr. Mohammad extended Kuwait's congratulations to Iraq on the latter's success in fulfilling the requirements embedded in the above-mentioned UNSC resolutions.

Further, Sheikh Dr. Mohammad voiced his aspirations for Iraq's cooperation on completing other remaining files and at the top of them are the project of border signposts maintenance between the two countries, disclosing the destiny of Kuwaiti Prisoners of War and the Missing and giving back the Kuwaiti National Archive.

Additionally, Sheikh Dr. Mohammad expressed Kuwait's readiness to help Iraq fulfill all its obligations in order to come out of Chapter VII of the UN Charter.

http://www.kuna.net.kw/NewsAgenciesPublicSite/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2131905&Language=en

• Upvote 7

it's only lip service if kiuwait is going to hold out until after the RV so they get a lot more money than they deserve and Iraq wants to minimize the remaining payouts.......it will become a stare down contest between the 2 countries because neither side wants to give in to the others time table.

so we sit and wait and wait and wait....until when? who is going to force Kuiwait to get on withit....they keep playing the " we're the victim" card and the rest of the world goes....AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :(

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

The Kuwaitis were the victims--victims of unspeakable atrocities! I spent two years in Kuwait after Sadam’s evil forces were driven out and no Kuwaiti family I came to know was unaffected. Man’s inhumanity to his fellow man was never more graphically demonstrated.

Just when i think humanity is on a downward slide someone such as yourself shows compassion.

it's only lip service if kiuwait is going to hold out until after the RV so they get a lot more money than they deserve and Iraq wants to minimize the remaining payouts.......it will become a stare down contest between the 2 countries because neither side wants to give in to the others time table.

so we sit and wait and wait and wait....until when? who is going to force Kuiwait to get on withit....they keep playing the " we're the victim" card and the rest of the world goes....AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :(

I agree it is just lip service. Kuwait has sufferred but has also been heavily compensated up to this point.

MEMO to Kuwait.

Pigs get fat Hogs get slaughtered.

Look we will throw in a draft pick and future considerations. Just so everybody can feel like a winner.

--------------------------

sign here

signed...Uncle Sam

I need to come up with something that doesn't have pork in it but the concept seems sound

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I agree it is just lip service. Kuwait has sufferred but has also been heavily compensated up to this point.

MEMO to Kuwait.

Pigs get fat Hogs get slaughtered.

Look we will throw in a draft pick and future considerations. Just so everybody can feel like a winner.

--------------------------

sign here

signed...Uncle Sam

I need to come up with something that doesn't have pork in it but the concept seems sound

YOU ARE A PATHETIC, IGNORANT MORON!

How can one be justly compensated for the brutal slaughter of a father and mother in front of their children?

How can one be justly compensated for having 220 volts of electricity surging through their genitals for endless hours?

And on, and on, and on!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

<_< Some of you have too much time on your hands.....also, don't take everything so "litterally"......I mean of course all that happened in the past war was terrible, BUT SADAAM IS DEAD.....DEAD....DEAD. And of course no amount of money can ever remedy murder, torture and the like.....but again, what would you have the NEW goernment of Iraq do? Kill some of their own to show how sorry they are and as some sort of sick perverted payback......of course not. The new Iraqi government has made much reparations and has said they will continue to work on the other issues until they are resolved....so my point is....LET IT GO. It's over....move on as a country.

And as for "any" of you who think I meant something other than the above....you're idiots!

Dirt Road....so if I apply the way you interpret things....I get you are an animal hater, maybe an abuser. Probably not, but that's the mentallity you applied to my comments....see how stupid that is?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I don't know why TimS got negs on his post.

And Dirt Road, while I'm not a cat lover, I really hate it when people make Georgians look like idiotic bumf*cks. So rather than bash a senior member for a profile pic, try and develop some civility.

Thank you...appreciate the comment ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

My brother fought to liberate Kuwait and he saw first hand the evil that was done to Kuwait, but 200,000+ gulf war vets like my brother are paying for Kuwait's freedom everyday they suffer from Gulf War Syndrome! So let's remember and honor the vet's, not the ungrateful cowards who chose to waste billions on extravagance instead of a military to defend themselves. I say we warn Kuwait not be greedy or next time when Iran invades them we will not come to the rescue and they can fight for their own freedom.

• Upvote 4

<_< Some of you have too much time on your hands.....also, don't take everything so "litterally"......I mean of course all that happened in the past war was terrible, BUT SADAAM IS DEAD.....DEAD....DEAD. And of course no amount of money can ever remedy murder, torture and the like.....but again, what would you have the NEW goernment of Iraq do? Kill some of their own to show how sorry they are and as some sort of sick perverted payback......of course not. The new Iraqi government has made much reparations and has said they will continue to work on the other issues until they are resolved....so my point is....LET IT GO. It's over....move on as a country.

And as for "any" of you who think I meant something other than the above....you're idiots!

Dirt Road....so if I apply the way you interpret things....I get you are an animal hater, maybe an abuser. Probably not, but that's the mentallity you applied to my comments....see how stupid that is?

its ok Tim.. most of us newer members are here to learn. So I thank you for all your input. This is a blessing for ALL invested. I also have respect for the senior members facts and opinions, how else would we learn? This IS NOT Facebook folks...

• Upvote 2

Yeap, sounds like a very good saying "cut your losses" Thanks, TimS (BTW I love cats!)