Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What if the UNSC votes NO?

Upgradable

Okay, just trying to put some of the pieces together here.....

Rumor has that the government slots have been filled, but formal announcement has not been made. Goal was for the 15th, but deadline is 25th. Could it be the postponed parliment meeting (now set for 18th) is when the GOI will be formalized?

UNSC meeting to VOTE on removal of Chapter 7 (no discussion, just vote?) is set for the 15th, and no GOI is established, WHY would the Security Council vote to withdraw? Wouldn't they vote NO, and reset another meeting for after the GOI is in?

Some are saying that in order to be released from Chap 7 they HAVE to RV. They also say that they have to have a GOI before they can RV. Others say that in the release of Chap 7 is just a formality at this point. It's basically decided they will be released, Biden would haul his hinney to Iraq and not get this done.

So let's think this through. Unless they announce a GOI tomorrow and then RV tomorrow the meeting on the 15th is a waste? If those things have to happen then why wouldn't you have it done before they have the meeting in your freaking country. I know the vote for release is like the 18th, but still. I'm expecting BIG things tomorrow or no things. I'm with Adam that it won't happen until sometime in 2011. A NO vote in my mind is basically screwing us.

Ctoddy, this is what I'm wondering. Why haul ass over there if it's not in the bag? But the postponement of the Parliment meeting leads me to think that they're not ready to announce GOI yet, and that won't happen until at least the 18th. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a postponement of UNSC mtg. :angry:

Upgradable, seems we have the same topic going twice. Anyway, in my somewhat uneducated opinion I don't see the meeting getting pushed at ALL. I see that things get postponed. Like really postponed. Hard to stay positive right now, too much to get done too fast. Unless, as has been stated it's already done and we just don't know about it yet, which doesn't make much sense to me. If the GOI is the catalyst why would they keep that secret?

Biden isent going over there for nothing....CH7 will be removed with the exception of the protection on the CBI....but we will still need to wait for the govt to be seated before they can pass the necessary reforms needed to RV the currency which will take a little bit of time....look for first quarter 2011 for this to go down....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Forget it people......this is another typical hurry up and wait scenerio that is all too coomon in Iraq. Sorry, but this looks like another one of those times that were supposed to happen, but didn't over there. Don't hold your breath, it will happen but not in the next five minutes. Hey, I'm a Cubs fan and very used to the term "wait until next year!' Anybody in this thing for the long haul should be used to it, also.......I said used to it, not like it. :(

Ctoddy, this is what I'm wondering. Why haul ass over there if it's not in the bag? But the postponement of the Parliment meeting leads me to think that they're not ready to announce GOI yet, and that won't happen until at least the 18th. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a postponement of UNSC mtg. :angry:

The whole postponement issue is just weird. Sounds more like the military 'hurry it up and wait' type of thing. At this point I am just hoping this is just smoke and mirrors, and its a done deal behind closed doors waiting for them to announce. They do like to hold their cards close until the last possible moment. JMO.

What IF the CBI RV's, but the chapter 7 is NOT lifted?.......wouldn't that be a killer, we would all see a nice rate, but would NOT have access to it because without chapter 7 release, they cannot trade thier currency on the forex....making it no good to us. We need the chapter 7 lifted. :P

Biden isent going over there for nothing....CH7 will be removed with the exception of the protection on the CBI....but we will still need to wait for the govt to be seated before they can pass the necessary reforms needed to RV the currency which will take a little bit of time....look for first quarter 2011 for this to go down....

Hey Wine cooler drinker, I think the meeting is here in NYC....

You just lost CRED brother, how can you not know the meeting is in NYC? With the dress you have to wear to the party, you now are shopping for fishnet hose to wear with it... :P I can understand these new people not knowing but YOU? Come On Man!!!!!

You just lost CRED brother, how can you not know the meeting is in NYC? With the dress you have to wear to the party, you now are shopping for fishnet hose to wear with it... :P I can understand these new people not knowing but YOU? Come On Man!!!!!

Last I read Biden was heading to Iraq....is he not at all?? Im not talking about a meeting here taking place....Im just talking about him going over there period....thats what I read in a couple articles.....if i got that a$$ backwards my bad lol its been a long day.....oh well.....point is Biden isent getting involved for nothing..... lol

Edited by keepmwlknfny
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The UNSC holds their meetings in many cities around the world. Something this important to Iraq I can only assume it will be held in Iraq.

Anything can happen that is for sure.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=davutoglu-to-attend-un-security-council-meeting-on-iraq-2010-12-13

<BR class=clearfloat>Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu. AFP photoForeign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu will attend a U.N. Security Council meeting Wednesday that has been convened to discuss progress in Iraq.

The meeting will be chaired by United States Vice President Joe Biden and attended by U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.

The meeting will consider terminating trade restrictions on Iraq under Chapter 7 of the U.N. Charter, which were imposed in response to the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990. Washington is seeking agreements on three draft resolutions; one is to lift trade sanctions imposed on Iraq to prevent achieving materials that could be used for chemical, biological or nuclear weapons. Other resolutions are for extending U.N. protection for a six-month period on Iraq's $800 million oil revenue from potential creditors and for closing the accounts for the oil-for-food aid program.

Iraq sought continued U.N. immunity for the Development Fund for Iraq, or DFI, which is set to expire Dec. 31, 2010. The DFI was established by the U.N. in 2003 to keep the proceeds of oil sales from Iraq and meet the country's humanitarian needs. The U.N. Security Council extended the fund’s immunity from creditors for a year in December 2009 and said then that it was the last time such protection would be granted. The United States and the United Kingdom resisted the requested extension of immunity, but a six-month period extension is expected due to the delay in forming a new Iraqi government.

“The negotiations on draft resolutions are still ongoing. I can say that the majority of the members are in agreement on them,” a Turkish Foreign Ministry official told the Hürriyet Daily News & Economic Review on Monday.

Davutoğlu will travel to the U.S. on Tuesday morning, when he is expected to meet with Biden and the foreign ministers of the U.K. and Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Turkey holds one of the nonpermanent seats allocated to the Western European and Others Group on the 15-member U.N. Security Council for the 2009-2010 term. Turkey will make a bid for another nonpermanent seat on the U.N. Security Council before 2020.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=davutoglu-to-attend-un-security-council-meeting-on-iraq-2010-12-13

Thanks for the post Upgradable

GoRV.gif