Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

GOI FORMATION QUESTION and the UN

ishihara

OK, we have all been reading the postings over the last few days. The newest posts as of 11:30 am EST 12/13/10 say M will form his government later this week (Thursday or Saturday). Well, that is great, but, with the UN meeting to approve Chapter 7 removal, DFI, etc. I thought the GOI had to be at least seated for a positive outcome of these votes. Not to mention a RV. Please, tell me why I am wrong to now assume that the UN votes will be put off until a later date when Iraq can comply with what they are to do, to uphold their end of the UN stipulations for removal from Chapter 7, DFI etc. Otherwise, why have the UN meeting? Thanks for your help.

OK, we have all been reading the postings over the last few days. The newest posts as of 11:30 am EST 12/13/10 say M will form his government later this week (Thursday or Saturday). Well, that is great, but, with the UN meeting to approve Chapter 7 removal, DFI, etc. I thought the GOI had to be at least seated for a positive outcome of these votes. Not to mention a RV. Please, tell me why I am wrong to now assume that the UN votes will be put off until a later date when Iraq can comply with what they are to do, to uphold their end of the UN stipulations for removal from Chapter 7, DFI etc. Otherwise, why have the UN meeting? Thanks for your help.

I said the same thing, nothing makes sense. :(

I've been wondering the same thing. I am just hopeful that there is more going on behind the scenes that will allow this to work out in our favor and soon.

I thought for sure the GOI would be seated prior to the UNSC meeting on the 15th. Now I just hope that the UNSC realizes the seating of the GOI is close enough.

Great question, I think that we are all just hoping that everything is set to go for Wednesday. If they have everything in place and just don't announce it to the world before Wednesday I think that we'll be okay. If they are still fighting over positions then we may be waiting a while for them to meet again to release them out of Chapter 7.

I personally just don't see Biden setting up this vote without the strong possibility of them being released.

• Upvote 1

Some are saying that in order to be released from Chap 7 they HAVE to RV. They also say that they have to have a GOI before they can RV. Others say that in the release of Chap 7 is just a formality at this point. It's basically decided they will be released, Biden would haul his hinney to Iraq and not get this done.

So let's think this through. Unless they announce a GOI tomorrow and then RV tomorrow the meeting on the 15th is a waste? If those things have to happen then why wouldn't you have it done before they have the meeting in your freaking country. I know the vote for release is like the 18th, but still. I'm expecting BIG things tomorrow or no things. I'm with Adam that it won't happen until sometime in 2011.

I can't help but think they are sitting on this. I have this nagging in the back of my head telling me that they have everything lined up and ready to go, but they are just taking their time exposing it. I really feel that something will be done before this meeting and until this meeting gets postponed or canceled, I think we are right on track. Something has to give sooner or later. This is starting to llok like a great cover up for what is really happening. Time will tell.

• Upvote 1

I can't help but think they are sitting on this. I have this nagging in the back of my head telling me that they have everything lined up and ready to go, but they are just taking their time exposing it. I really feel that something will be done before this meeting and until this meeting gets postponed or canceled, I think we are right on track. Something has to give sooner or later. This is starting to llok like a great cover up for what is really happening. Time will tell.

From your lips.........

Well, we've got roughly 40 hours between now and the time that the UNSC is scheduled to meet in NYC. So let's look at all the possible things that could happen between now and then...

1. IQD RVs and the UNSC approves the removal of Chap VII and life is good.

2. IQD does NOT RV and the USNC approves the removal of Chap VII from Iraq. I think this would be bad considering that the value of the dinar is one of the last big carrots that we have to motivate Iraq with.

3. IQD does NOT RV and the USNC does NOT lift the Chap VII. I think this would put the most pressure on the GOI as it shows that the UN, IMF, WTO, and everyone else is not playing with Iraq anymore and will do what they must.

4. IQD does RV and the UNSC does NOT lift the Chap VII. Personally, I think this would be entirely too damned funny and a bit of poetic justice. I suppose that's just the bastard in me being frustrated with Iraq's incompetence and apparent lack of concern by the GOI for it's citizens.

IMHO but the reality of the matter is that none of us really know...

Well, we've got roughly 40 hours between now and the time that the UNSC is scheduled to meet in NYC. So let's look at all the possible things that could happen between now and then...

2. IQD does NOT RV and the USNC approves the removal of Chap VII from Iraq. I think this would be bad considering that the value of the dinar is one of the last big carrots that we have to motivate Iraq with.

3. IQD does NOT RV and the USNC does NOT lift the Chap VII. I think this would put the most pressure on the GOI as it shows that the UN, IMF, WTO, and everyone else is not playing with Iraq anymore and will do what they must.

4. IQD does RV and the UNSC does NOT lift the Chap VII. Personally, I think this would be entirely too damned funny and a bit of poetic justice. I suppose that's just the bastard in me being frustrated with Iraq's incompetence and apparent lack of concern by the GOI for it's citizens.

Well, I vote for #1, but #3 gets Miss Congeniality! :P

I'd hate to see #3 happen but it sounds feasible. My question is, how is Iraq going to back up an RV at this point?