Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

YES, OR NO

Oil4life

HERE IS MY OPINION: SMALLER DENOMINATION BILLS COMING OUT: IMO YES.... A REVALUATION: IMO YES.... WILL WE EXCHANGE FOR SMALLER NOTES: IMO NO... WE WILL MAKE A DEPOSIT INTO OUR BANKS AND NEVER SEE OUR DINAR AGAIN ...WE WILL WITHRAWL USD.... WILL IRAQ PAY FOR THIS: IMO YES, BUT THRU THE BANKING SYSTEM VIA RESERVE BANK , OUR DINAR WILL NOW BECOME PART OF OUR FOREIGN RESERVES IN WHICH WE WILL USE TO PURCHASE OIL FROM IRAQ........ KEEP IN MIND THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE TO PAY OUT RV X 27TRILLION: IF THEY HAD TO PAY THE FULL 27TRILLION X RV THAT WOULD MEAN THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY DINAR ON THE STREETS OF IRAQ.. IF THEY HAD NO DINAR ON THE STREETS THEY WOULD HAVE TO PRINT MORE: IMO THEY WILL NOT MAKE MORE.... THIS ALL IS JUST MY OPINION NOTHING MORE........... REDRV

• Upvote 1

From an article we all have read:

"Will allow the deletion process "to reduce the size of the cluster of cash currency, ie, that the paper of a thousand dinars turn to one dinar, and this means reducing the 21 trillion dinars to 15 billion with coins, metal, and small groups." Saleh pointed out that the strategy, which purports to Central taken "in line with the Constitution and the economic life of good and facilitate internal transactions "

This article supports a trade in or exchange... paper for paper, 25k for 25 iqd in smaller denoms. The 000’s would not be “tradeable” in the market place, only good for exchanging at the bank for the newly available smaller notes. Then you could go to the market and buy goods and services.

Like making change In the US… we can go to the bank and exchange large notes for smaller ones... $100 and will be exchanged for 5 $20 dollar bills. We do not gain or lose value.

We have all been brain washed by visions of exponential wealth and we don't want anyone to take that dream away. What would you do if you financially managed a country that had 25k notes in circulation and 1k notes in your bank vaults? You would reasonably say to everyone "turn in your existing 25k notes for the equivalent value of 25 iqd in smaller more functional notes. Then RV the new lower denoms of dinar. The "non RV'd" zeros are removed (000's notes), the RV has taken place and the CBI has not had to pay the higher rate to any large note holders, citizens or speculators alike. The new smaller bills are now usable since the larger unmanageable denominations are gone. We exchange our big 000's and get a 3+ rate of exchange. we should be very happy.

It is their "in country" currency, their country and their decision... have they worried about what we think or how much IQD we hold or about anything...ever... no.

Possibly that is why there will only be a $150 USD charge per million IQD post RV. there just won't be that much made on this... adequate but not overwhelming.

the sequence could be...

1. removal of non tradable 000's by exchanging for usable lower denoms

2. in parallel RV the new denoms, not the old 000's.

call this what you want... just don't count on the CBI to pay your rent or for your mansion.

BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY..."I WANT TO BE DEAD WRONG"

Read more:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let's follow this logic all the way through to its conclusion. You say that the 25,000 Dinar notes will be forfeited in exchange for 25 Dinar notes. Let's assume I have 40 25,000 Dinar notes (1,000,000 Dinars) and I exchange them for the new 25 Dinar notes as you suggest. I will receive 40,000 25 Dinar notes in exchange for my 40 25,000 Dinar notes. I will still have 1,000,000 Dinars. When they revalue, (we'll use 1:1 to make the math easy) I will have $1,000,000 US. What am I missing?

If you are suggesting Iraq will only give me (and everyone else holding 25,000 Dinar notes) one 25 Dinar note for each 25,000 Dinar note in hand, then you are missing an important point. What about all the other notes currently in circulation? Will they hold their value while the bills with the three zeros get devalued by 1,000 percent? I think not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you are suggesting Iraq will only give me (and everyone else holding 25,000 Dinar notes) one 25 Dinar note for each 25,000 Dinar note in hand, then you are missing an important point. What about all the other notes currently in circulation? Will they hold their value while the bills with the three zeros get devalued by 1,000 percent? I think not.

Thats what a redenomination is......it happens.....other notes get dropped face value as well.......

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Should be finding out before too much longer but I'm thinking a modest RV (around a buck or a little less) then removing the large bills from circulation is the best way to go. That would make pretty much everyone happy and give their currency a lot more purchasing power. Guess we'll keep beating this dead horse until we find out something for certain.

From what I understand is that, when we exchange our big bills for US currancy that's when our big bills with all of those 0's will be removed from circulation. I have been known to be wrong before but I have been right before too, I just don't know anything about this dinar stuff. I feel that nobody knows anything about this and we are all grasping for answers. Heck everybody says this and that needs to get done before a RV can take place nobody has the correct answers. I have been carrying my dinar since 2005 and the predictions of RV's have been coming out constantly ever since. When it happens we will have all of our questions answered.

• Upvote 1

Like making change In the US… we can go to the bank and exchange large notes for smaller ones... $100 and will be exchanged for 5 $20 dollar bills. We do not gain or lose value.

Read more:

Seems like the relevant point is "We do not gain or lose value." Isn't it?

Edited by sogoddess

Read more:

Seems like the relevant point is "We do not gain or lose value." Isn't it?

That is unless the (Not fully designed yet) notes are the only internationally recognized notes. :blink:

Then you can exchange them with a dinar dealer or take a trip to lovely Iraq yourself. ;)

• Upvote 1

Jiminy Christmas this LOP thing is like a bad penney that just keeps turning up. For the sake of those who insist that it is possible, a LOP is possible, but not probable. Most of the physical currency (i.e. the 000's) in C-I-R-C-U-L-A-T-I-O-N is thought to be out of country (Iraq). The people of Iraq have very little cash in circulation there. They are pretty much destitute and poor beyond our ability to comprehend (unless of course you are one of our nation's wonderful military service members or otherwise have been there). The reason a LOP is NOT P-R-O-B-A-B-L-E is because Iraq has very low I-N-F-L-A-T-I-O-N. A lop is normally undertaken by nations with extremely high (hyper) inflation. Because of these two issues (1. currency in actual circulation 2. low inflation) Iraq can support and sustain a revaluation of its currency. The removal of the zero's will most likely occur in this way: e.g. 25k notes, etc. are cashed in and thus destroyed (removed from circulation) while a contemporaneous surge of new and smaller denominations is pushed onto the streets.

There is another populist notion that the zero's of the current exchange rate may be removed. E.G. .000857 becomes .857 rounded to .86 representing an equivalent value of $1.17 USD. The bottom line is the continued propagation of the LOP theory is an argument people love to engage in because in the end when the answer is made available some will have been correct, and others will have been incorrect. The discussion of lopping is a huge timewaster because the students of either theory will never meet in the middle. It is a divisive tactic designed to discourage and divide. If you got into this investment on a whim, spent your lunch money to get in, and get your information in the wind you should probably turn your computer off and just wait to see what happens because the LOP theory will never be settled until Iraq's currency is tradeable and we make whatever we make. B)

Jiminy Christmas this LOP thing is like a bad penney that just keeps turning up. For the sake of those who insist that it is possible, a LOP is possible, but not probable. Most of the physical currency (i.e. the 000's) in C-I-R-C-U-L-A-T-I-O-N is thought to be out of country (Iraq). The people of Iraq have very little cash in circulation there. They are pretty much destitute and poor beyond our ability to comprehend (unless of course you are one of our nation's wonderful military service members or otherwise have been there). The reason a LOP is NOT P-R-O-B-A-B-L-E is because Iraq has very low I-N-F-L-A-T-I-O-N. A lop is normally undertaken by nations with extremely high (hyper) inflation. Because of these two issues (1. currency in actual circulation 2. low inflation) Iraq can support and sustain a revaluation of its currency. The removal of the zero's will most likely occur in this way: e.g. 25k notes, etc. are cashed in and thus destroyed (removed from circulation) while a contemporaneous surge of new and smaller denominations is pushed onto the streets.

There is another populist notion that the zero's of the current exchange rate may be removed. E.G. .000857 becomes .857 rounded to .86 representing an equivalent value of $1.17 USD. The bottom line is the continued propagation of the LOP theory is an argument people love to engage in because in the end when the answer is made available some will have been correct, and others will have been incorrect. The discussion of lopping is a huge timewaster because the students of either theory will never meet in the middle. It is a divisive tactic designed to discourage and divide. If you got into this investment on a whim, spent your lunch money to get in, and get your information in the wind you should probably turn your computer off and just wait to see what happens because the LOP theory will never be settled until Iraq's currency is tradeable and we make whatever we make. B)

What you are saying is correct. There is no reason for them to LOP. If it did, it would be to spite us Americans or other countries in possession of IQD. That wouldn't be biting off their nose to spite their face...that would be much worse. It would be like chopping off your yoohoo to spite your wife! The only person I think that would want that to happen is Loraina Bobbett :lol: :lol:

....sorry mods, couldn't resist :lol:

Well... correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that if you had 40 25,000-dinar notes you'd get 40 25-dinar notes in exchange.

I'm certainly no expert. It's just like this whole government thing over the past several days. You read as many stories about the LOP as you do the thing not happening.

Most of the physical currency (i.e. the 000's) in C-I-R-C-U-L-A-T-I-O-N is thought to be out of country (Iraq). The people of Iraq have very little cash in circulation there. They are pretty much destitute and poor beyond our ability to comprehend (unless of course you are one of our nation's wonderful military service members or otherwise have been there). The reason a LOP is NOT P-R-O-B-A-B-L-E is because Iraq has very low I-N-F-L-A-T-I-O-N. A lop is normally undertaken by nations with extremely high (hyper) inflation.

90% of the currency in circulation is in country which has been proven by recent documents.....and yes while countries redenominate during times of hyper inflation, they are also known to redenominate AFTER periods of hyperinflation, when it drops tremendously and stabilizes at a decent rate......anything is possible......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

90% of the currency in circulation is in country which has been proven by recent documents.....and yes while countries redenominate during times of hyper inflation, they are also known to redenominate AFTER periods of hyperinflation, when it drops tremendously and stabilizes at a decent rate......anything is possible......

But not in the hands of the common-folk and the inference is that it is not really "circulating" per se. It is but it isn't. My personal opinion is that a LOP is not the direction they wish to go. You are correct in saying anything is possible, but I prefer to deal in probabilities and I just do not believe it is the most probable scenario. The bottom line: I never put more into something than I can afford to lose. Even if a LOP were to occur, my investment will end better than a total wash and I will be relatively happier (less a bushel of aggravation and a peck of stupidity...) because I will have made a little coin... Which is why I saw this as a reasonable venture.