Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

obama news related to dinar?

jericho

A friend informed me the news reported today that obama will extend tax cuts as well as continue paying

unemployment benefits to those that recently lost such payment. I didn't see or hear this for myself, but I'm

sure my friend isn't far off on this report. The question is, where will that money come from? Hopefully

he isn't using his usual formula.

Could this news be related to rv? Thoughts?

Where else can it come from... the tax monies collected from the working people of this nation of course, under the guise of 'we the government know best how to fix this country, so hand over your tax money and we'll spend it to take care of you...since you can't do that for yourself'.

Remember that the 'government' cannot give what it hasn't already taken from the people already'. Smaller government means more freedom, and what did Obama do when he first got in office, ...announced the formation of huge committees to study the post election issues... which = 'burn your money and shift accountability for the result elsewhere'. Committees are positions you give to people as rewards for being your lapdog. Congratulations on your 'Obamanation'. Sounds amazingly similar to another word...

When did America the great and the free ever become enslaved to the belief that it's governments job to 'make it all better'? Not bashing but just want to get that off my chest. You see I'm from a 'dictatorial democracy' called Canada where freedoms are taken away with each and every election. I LOVE the United States more than anyone will ever know and value the freedom that's embodied in her Constitution.

Wake up America, and don't let freedom die here, or it will die everywhere else.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

there are a lot of people out of work right now,jobs are few and far between. these people need to eat and take care of there families, you may have a job, but take a walk in there shoes. think of it this way,if they have it bad enough they may be paying you a visit for food and whatever else they may need, what would you do in there situation .

can you ever remember a time like this,I can`t and i am 70 yrs old.This should not be blamed on either party, but both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 10

there are a lot of people out of work right now,jobs are few and far between. these people need to eat and take care of there families, you may have a job, but take a walk in there shoes. think of it this way,if they have it bad enough they may be paying you a visit for food and whatever else they may need, what would you do in there situation .

can you ever remember a time like this,I can`t and i am 70 yrs old.This should not be blamed on either party, but both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks great insight and wisdom

• Upvote 2

Thank you! I think us average youngsters get caught up innthe political dance and want to attribute blame too easily.

My problem with this statement (if I understand how unemployment works) is that the extension basically goes for people who were unemployed the longest. If you lose your job today and they had not extended the unemployment benefits, then you would not instantly lose your unemployment check. BUT those people that were unemployed what, almost two years ago, would stop receiving a paycheck.

I know this may be a callous response, but keep in mind that I have never been without a job, no matter if it was pushing carts at Kroger or waiting tables while in college taking 20 hours a semester to graduate early, but if you can’t find a job in 2 years, it’s time to do something other than your field, or move. But if you used to work at McDonalds making $7 an hour and the government is willing to pay you $6 to sit at home and be with your family, you would be crazy not to take that deal. In addition, I know someone that used to make about $50k as a therapist, lost that job, went to work at Wal-Mart and got a check from the government on top of that because the new job pays a lot less than the last one.

I am all for helping people, but if you give someone an option to not provide for themselves, I think they will take it 80% of the time. Unfortunately, I think that is just human nature. If not, there would never be a sugar daddy and the hopes and dreams of 70 year old men everywhere would be crushed (hehe)!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

You bring up good points, however you are painting with a wide brush. I live in a small community in S.C.,springs textile mills were here for maybe 100 yrs,but they are now are called springs global,in china. T hese jobs are gone,these people were not college educated, hard working just the same. I wonder what all those people at GM would be doing now had we not bailed them out???

• Upvote 1

A friend informed me the news reported today that obama will extend tax cuts as well as continue paying

unemployment benefits to those that recently lost such payment. I didn't see or hear this for myself, but I'm

sure my friend isn't far off on this report. The question is, where will that money come from? Hopefully

I believe if it were related to that.. then he wouldn't have extended the Bush tax cuts to 2012, but would have extended them indefinitely! who knows... maybe O's out to lunch! We can theorize all we want... only the people behind the curtains knows what heck is going on

• Upvote 1

They money will come from the same place its coming from now, the tax payer, these cuts are not new, GW put them into place after 9/11 when the economy went into the ditch!!! How soon everyone forget what 9/11 did to our economy!!! Remember when everyone was scared to fly planes and the Gov had to bail out the airlines??? that was just one of the problems...

Edited by tampa1000
  • Upvote 1

A few years ago, Belgium's unemployment insurance was 5 years. They did several studies and found that most people were able to find work when the checks were about to stop coming in. So they cut it to four years. lo and behold most people found work when the four years were coming to a close, and so on. They are down to two years of benefits now. We are headed in the opposite direction.

• Upvote 1

We are creating a new welfare state...3 years??? That precedes the housing crash, tarp, bail outs, and the recession in general??? WOW! We are only adding to an ever-expanding deficit. Where does the money come from...NOT US AND OUR TAX DOLLARS...THE BILL WILL BE PAID BY MY CHILDREN AND THEIR CHILDREN...That's what happens when you print money 24/7.

Edited by coachsmitty

I worry about OBAMER getting in - The NEXT election isnt that far away <_< -- With the way things are going it makes me wonder of he,ll get in- Personally i hope not. JMHO--Vern :)

Edited by vern

China? We're borrowing more from china? Not good! No wonder they want to keep iraq

in ch 7. The longer that is true, the more dependant/indebted other nations like us will become.

By the time this things pops, we may just swap currencies. The dollar will go down so much

we'll need a million just to our family for a week.

amen to that brother...