Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

THE GOVERNMENT IS FORMED

VIZIOIRAQI

the gov is not formed ...yet. there are at least 3 ministers still undetermined and allawi is still objecting to some of the ones already assigned. this thing is not a done deal yet.......don't forget we're talking about Iraq here and they can waffle with the best of them

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the gov is not formed ...yet. there are at least 3 ministers still undetermined and allawi is still objecting to some of the ones already assigned. this thing is not a done deal yet.......don't forget we're talking about Iraq here and they can waffle with the best of them

Or so it may seem. Smoke and mirrors. It will be done before the meeting on the 15th or there will be no release from Chapter 7. No government = No release from Chapter 7.

To all repliers on this article. The train has left the station! The article states that of 20 ministry positions are to be filled, 3 have been successfull, but, are subject to change anytime. The Nc hopes to snag 18 ministry positions out of this. Being this far into Dec., knowing that M wants to seat all Ministry postitions by the 15th and have a seated GOI. Why all the hooting and hollering? According to this article, M has less than a week to assign 17 ministry positions. Did I read this right? blink.gif This article has delay written all over it. No more cheering on this one please!biggrin.gif

You MISSED an important point -- "THE LIONS SHARE" mentioned -- is the remaining 17 -- which will be FILLED in an INSTANT -- by Malikis' henchmen -- so NO DELAY !!!!!

Edited by EBJNYC
  • Upvote 1

the article title is "... news..." reading it slowly seems to announce that they are working toward agreement, not declaring formation. the tone of the article seems to leave the reader believing they have not made much progress confirming nominations. Not discounting the importance of negotiation... they have a long way to go and a short time to get there.

lol.... Im from the Delta.. Glen Allan, Greenville area.. However been in Nashville for 12 years or so...

Good to see you moved up in the world. I'm from Adams little town noth of Nashville

Hope this is true with what you found

GO RV B)

Edited by mi17mech

Is the UNSC meeting in NYC?.. If in NYC who goes with him?? Shabibi or Allawi, Or ??

Or is it in Bagdad???

If in NYC, GUESS WHO WILL BE RINGING THE BELL ON WALL STREET THURSDAY???

Thank you and God bless..

Its in NY I read, the article saying in Iraq was a mis print according to Frank26

• Upvote 1

Keep moving forward Iraq! Don't stop! Don't look back! You can do it "little train that could!"

or should I say . . . "Little RV that could"biggrin.gif

*CHUG-A-CHUG-A-CHUG-A-CHUG-A-CHUG-A-CHUG-A-CHUG-A-CHUG-A-CHUG-A-CHUG-A!!

WOOooOooooOOOooOoOOOooOHoooOOOoOOoOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

FULL SPEED AHEAD!!

GO RV!

:P

Government Formation News Tuesday December 7

Erbil, Dec.7 (AKnews)- The new cabinet will be announced Thursday and the National Coalition (NC) will take the “lion’s share” from the ministries, a deputy from the NC said Monday.

The prime minister designate, Nouri al-Maliki was assigned Nov.25 to pick up his new cabinet in one month.

Izzat Shabandar told AKnews in the new cabinet his bloc will assume 20 ministries, including oil, planning, transportation, sports and youth.

He added the parties have agreed on the allocation of these ministries to the NC. However, electricity, education, and interior ministries as well as the ministry for higher education and scientific research are among the demands of the bloc.

He noted if they are not allotted the interior ministry, they will claim the defense ministry.

The speculations are that the interior and defense ministry will be taken over by neutral figures.

For his part, Sheikh faith Daraghayi from the Kurdistan Blocs Coalition (KBC) said so far only three ministries have been decided; foreign ministry for the KBC, oil for the NC and finance for al-Iraqiya.

Al-Iraqiya was the elections front runner but the integration of mainly Shia blocs introduced the NC as the largest parliamentary bloc. The KBC comes in the third rank.

There is no agreement as to who will take the biggest share, Daraghayi added, noting it is likely for the NC to obtain 18 ministries.

The Kurdish deputy also mentioned even the three assigned ministries may be replaced.

Reported by Karzan Karim

http://www.aknews.co...knews/4/200532/

I don't know how you got 14 pluses!!! HERE IT IS FRI AND NO GOV ANNOUNCEMENT!!! wHAT HAPPENED, SOMEBODY FORGOT TO TELL THE IRAQIS!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I don't know how you got 14 pluses!!! HERE IT IS FRI AND NO GOV ANNOUNCEMENT!!! wHAT HAPPENED, SOMEBODY FORGOT TO TELL THE IRAQIS!!

Vizio got 14+ because they he/she took the time to research some news articles and post them for us.

They actually did some research on their own. DID YOU? Did you actual read the entire article, or just the headline you wanted to see?

I read the article and its pretty clear that this was an OPINION from a member of the National Coalition. Not what I would consider a "rock solid" source.

On top of that, the article has several lines indicating continuing infighting and bickering like we are so accustomed to with Iraqi politics.

And since when was someone who posts an article for us responsible for the sanity and speed of Iraqi politicians??

Thank you again Vizioiraqi. Keep posting and ignore the haters. +1 from me! B)

• Upvote 3