Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bought at 5/3 today - have questions

DeadGuy

Hi guys..... I have been reading for a while and last night I decided in my own mind that it's getting close to actually happening so I made up my mind to jump in with you guys.

I went to my 5/3 bank (I have an account there - Columbus, Ohio) and the lady looked up the rate. It was 0.0010661000 So I ordered 250,000 Dinar and it came to 266.53 with no fees of any kind. My questions is ::: I have been seeing exchange rates and places saying you can get 25,000 for about 21 to 23 dollars. I ended up paying 26 straight from my bank.

Does it fluctuate minute by minute? Any ways. Thanks for all of the information you guys have been putting out here. I bit my tongue as long as I could and i got scared that it was going to RV and I was going to miss the boat. I want to get to about 1 or 2 million Dinar before the big day happens.

One last question. She listed the currency as Iraq - BN ... Does that stand for Iraq Bank Notes? I made sure to ask for 25,000 bills, new if possible.

best to you all

Chuck

Edited by DeadGuy
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Welcome!! I myself joined up with these fine people not too long ago. I hope you get brand new notes. It's nice that you could buy the exact amount you wanted on the spot. There has been talk on this site (and others apparently) about the quality of banknotes (BN). Some peoples notes don't look too good I guess and that may make exchanging currency difficult. When you exchange your dinar for USD or another currency, the bills get run through a De La Rue machine. From what I hear, this is the only machine that can verify the authenticity of the IQD. I'm not sure what condition the bills will have to be in but the newer the better.

As far as your other questions, I'll leave those to people smarter than myself. In any case, welcome!! :)

I didn't get my notes on the spot. They are ordered and I'll have them around Friday she said. Sorry if it sounded that way.

To me, when I tell family and friends about what I'm doing some of them say it's not for them and then say it's "too risky".

i don't understand this because you can always exchange back right? I mean you might lose bit back to exchange rate, but it's not like penny stocks where the company can fold, right?

To me, it's like putting money in a savings account. Like I said I have been reading a while and I just have that 'gut feeling' something is going to happen soon and i didn't want to be left out. My Mom wants 25,000 for Christmas (she's 80) and said she's never held that much money...LOL

Where is 5/3 getting their exchange rate from? That's what I don't understand. I thought buying from a bank would have to be cheaper than buying from a middle man.

Thanks for the warm welcome. You might know me if you ever saw me.

If you Google Dead Guy and CHUCK I think I'd be there somewhere.

Thanks again and best to us all in BOTH countries

Buds

Chuck

there rate at 5/3 has been buy@.001066 and sell .00066 for a few weeks now. Don't feel bad about the rate as with shipping from (Dinar trade 20.00) it ends up being apx.00111.

Happy Holidays All , :D

Hopefully We Will Have THE BEST Christmas EVER !

FYI ... Talked To Dinartrade The Other Day .... To Cash In .. They Don't Need Receipts ..

BUT ... They Want ONLY Uncirculated Notes .. OR ..With Very Little Sign Of Wear ..

HOPE THIS HELPS

Bless Your New Day !

Gary - aka Invest4later :rolleyes:

my 5/3 branch (Berrien springs MI) said they don't have a machine, but they don't send any currency off for verification either, they said "we have have all the specs and do it on the spot, it wouldn't be very good if we sent it off would it? nobody would go for that"

They get there rate form being a business..... sell hi (above market) buy low( below market) its still better then mail ordering and they have two day delivery :) FYI as far as I know all bills will be circulated...... all mine have been so far.

(and we should probably move this thread from news) :)

Good day, I also have purchased my Dinar from 5/3 (Cincinnati, OH). Someone pointed out earlier about the condition of the Dinar when its time to cash in.

I simply exchange the money at the bank, they call me when the Dinar arrives, and I pick it up. How can I control what condition the money is in? It's coming straight from 5/3. The people I spoke with there, said as long as I can bring in the Dinar, proof of my purchase, I won't have any problems cashing in. Is that incorrect?

Edited by weavey323

and P.S. yes Iraq can fold, just as it did with the first gulf war, so never think it's safe as a savings account. But all of us don't think it will other wise we wouldn't be here. Also since they are a business, they change the rate to cover employee cost, if they sold market value to you, they wouldn't make any money, so yes you can exchange right back, but for a loss, since it take some work for them to get money from Iraq and hand it straight to you. so it is still cheaper then buying else were, and you know they probably checked for it been legal currency (not counterfeit) before they bought it. all in all a good deal :)

Good day, I also have purchased my Dinar from 5/3 (Cincinnati, OH). Someone pointed out earlier about the condition of the Dinar when its time to cash in.

I simply exchange the money at the bank, they call me when the Dinar arrives, and I pick it up. How can I control what condition the money is in? It's coming straight from 5/3. The people I spoke with there, said as long as I can bring in the Dinar, proof of my purchase, I won't have any problems cashing in. Is that incorrect?

correct, shouldn't even need proof of purchase...... you don't for any other currency.....

• Upvote 1

I have been reading all of the reports and how everyone is saying that the RV will increase our money, but realistically do any of us REALLY think this could possibly

X1000 our investment?

I mean 5 times or more would tickle me. Is there any examples in HISTORY where a country's currency worth has increased 100 times? Much less 1000?

Don't jump me. I'm just asking. ;)

buds

chuck

Spend all the time you can on this site & educate yourself to what's happened to date. There are many Posts that are written just for "Newbies" to help you get up to speed. :D There are some very educated & inteligent Moderators & posters on this site, that do a great job of helping new folks.

Your gonna have a ball!! Go RV!!!

Well, I went back to 5/3 today and got 250,000 more and it was a DIME cheaper.

We both laughed and I told her to make it go UP not down.

BTW, the tellers out my branch are very friendly and 2 out of the 3 have Dinars.

I see UAE, Dubai, Saudi and other oil rich countries building beautiful, clean and massive resorts. I'd love to see Iraq get organized and become a world leader in oil and tourism. I know it's pipe dreams, but they have the resources. They just need to get the value up and be paid for what they trade.

Heck, no one had even heard of Dubai 15 years ago. Now it is the cleanest, prettiest spot over there.

buds

chuck

I bought my first dinar from 5/3 rd in Toledo ohio. It took 1 week and all of the notes were used and some scribbled on.(lightly in ink) .... Ever since then I used a Dealer. I wont promote any one dealer but I was very happy with the one I used and I ordered on Friday ...Delivered Monday morning. All of the notes were perfect and new. GO RV

Heck, no one had even heard of Dubai 15 years ago. Now it is the cleanest, prettiest spot over there.

End Quote

Correct. They're the most tourism-drawing Country in the Gulp Area with spectacular growth along with Abu Dhabi .

Edited by umbertino

Welcome to DV Deadguy ! :) Glad you could join us on our grand adventure. To answer your question of whether a currency has ever done what the IQD ( Iraqi Dinars ) may possibly do, the answer is no (at least not in recorded history .) This is a life changing event that may well never be repeated in history again.... ever ! This differs from Kuwaits situation in the fact that they had to replace all of their currency , because Saddam Hussein had stolen the printing plates for their currency. As a result they were forced to issue all new currency in exchange for the old printed notes ( with short exchange period to boot.)

The possibility is there for 1000 to possibly even ( dare I say it ?) 3000 % ROI. Would you invest a little over $1,000 to possibly make $3 million , or maybe even more? I think that deserve a big HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL YYYYYYYYYYYEEEAHHHHH !! :lol:

Either way, Welcome and enjoy the ride my friend !

Uncle Barkie

Welcome to all you NEWBIES posting on this thread. Some call this an adventure (like a Safari ) or a roller coaster ride (like wild amusement park stuff), some call it a video game (actually only 1 that's me).... some call it entertainment at its best....... however you choose to look at it this will indeed be the most exciting thing you've been a part of in your lifetime. Welcome aboard..... this train, boat, airplance, scooter, trolley car is picking up speed.

Well, I have to be honest and say no matter WHAT happens with all of this, I am learning quite a bit. International news, offshore banking, the cost of living in Aruba hahaha

BTW, it's too high, find another warm spot. It's fascinating to say the least. I've had a pretty exciting last couple of years by doing some movies and things, but this takes the cake.

By listening, learning, and some luck we all might be able to see how the other side lives.

Best to us all and I'll still be reading and browsing scuba and swim wear. LOL

buds

chuck

• Upvote 1

Well, I have to be honest and say no matter WHAT happens with all of this, I am learning quite a bit. International news, offshore banking, the cost of living in Aruba hahaha

BTW, it's too high, find another warm spot. It's fascinating to say the least. I've had a pretty exciting last couple of years by doing some movies and things, but this takes the cake.

By listening, learning, and some luck we all might be able to see how the other side lives.

Best to us all and I'll still be reading and browsing scuba and swim wear. LOL

buds

chuck

I am a newbie to dinar vets, but I've been reading posts since June, I've also learned alot, maybe more than I should lol, its about over, whooo