Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Simple explanation of the numbers

ReachingHigher

Thanks for the post. I think Doc said it best we all have a tendancy to lookat that decimal spot as appossed to the ratio equation.I now how to do the math on paper but will confuse myself just at a glance at the numbers at the right ofthe decimal point.Kinda like the poll someone did yesterday with a math problem 65% or something got the math wrong and would have cheated themselves out of 300'000 USD.I saw the post after the fact but thought it interesting .So did Adam :lol: Nice post .I think it was well done with great intention.Go RV B)

• Upvote 1

Merry1 -

Your statement is not correct if you are talking an exchange rate of .86

That exchange rate would be strong against the dollar.

If 1:1 is in the middle/center of a number line then

For example: the Saudi Riyal is valued at: 3.69 (which sounds like more but is WEAK against the dollar and to the "right" of center on the number line)

which means 1 Saudi riyal will only buy you .26 cents US. THUS, if you wanted to buy 1 full USD you would

need 3.69 riyals to buy that $1 USD.

On the other hand -

Kuwaiti dinar is presently at 0.28 (strong against the dollar - so to the "left" of the center on the number line)

This means a Kuwaiti would only need .28 dinars (cents of you will) to buy $1 USD. SO if you want to buy

1 Kuwaiti dinar you would need $3.52 USD to buy that 1 Kuwaiti dinar.

If you go to:

http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

and go back and forth with just the Kuwait dinar and the USD

and back and forth between the Saudi riyal and the USD

you can begin to see the numbers more clearly.

Sometimes in life one has an epiphany. It is that life changing definable moment in time when a stark realization slams head-on into the frontal lobe and wow...

My epiphany is that maybe, just maybe, I'm a dumb-a$$, because all the talk about the numbers left or right on a number line doesn't change (for me) the fact that if I have 1 Kuwaiti dinar (on the left) and I want 1 USD (on the right) the number comes up at $3.53. So, are you saying the number on the right is my cost?

NEVER MIND...

I DIDN'T GO FAR ENOUGH DOWN ON THE PAGE. I SEE THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION (Not the one about being a dumb-a$$...), AND THE ANSWER SEEMS PRETTY CLEAR.

GOOOOO RV!

I LUUUUV THAT CURRENCY CONVERTER THINGY. Yeeeee Haawww! :lol: