Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Don't like the sound of this

one voice

FROM ANOTHER SITE

No Census, Will Decide Date Next Week

Happenings going on and or around Iraq

The Prime Minister, Maliki, is still pretty adamant on wanting to have a formed government by mid December.

The Al-Iraqiyah List says talks are going smoothly. They have met with National Alliance, Kurdistan Alliance, and had discussions about the portfolios distribution method. A member of the Kurdistan Alliance has recently stated that some of the portfolios that have been given to certain blocs have yet to be agreed upon. Some matters are still pending.

The draft has been completed governing the laws of the National Council for Strategic Policies (NCSP). This is the position which will be an executive position for Iyad Allawi if he decides to accept the position. Allawi has not accepted the position as of yet as he seems to think that the position will be a symbolic position instead of a position with executive powers. It is yet not known whether PM Maliki will relinquish some of the PM Powers to Allawi. The Al-Iraqiyah List will be the one who is drafting the text for this new position.

The Iraqi government has postponed the 2010 Iraq National Census, a new date will be decided during next week’s parliament meeting. The hold up is whether or not to mention the ethnic status on the census application.

The Iraqi parliament resumed a session today and discussed the unemployment rate for Iraqi’s. An invite was extended to the Acting Minister of Trade, Safa-al-Din al-Safi. The parliament also discussed the social security network salaries and support contracts. The parliament made no major advances or anything very noteworthy regarding any of the topics of discussion today. Many are anticipating and hoping that more progress will be made for next week’s meetings.

I would like it to be noted that, the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) is not independent from the Iraq government nor does it have autonomy. Think about it, If it were to be independent (which it is not) then the Central Bank of Iraq would be more powerful than the Prime Minister’s office, not a chance in that happening. If you look at the Iraqi Constitution article 110, it states the Iraq federal government shall have the exclusive authorities in the following matters: such as the issuing of currency, formulating monetary policy.

The re-denomination has been postponed until next year as the CBI and the Iraq government have decided that 2010 is not the right time.

I previously mentioned over the last several months that the Development Fund of Iraq (DFI) will be extended an additional year and likewise the Chapter VII. The Iraqi government wants the DFI extended and the United Nations is in agreement. This will be the last time it will be extended. The article supporting this will be published shortly.

In Baghdad, the Iraqi government is preparing for the Arab Summit. Hotels are in the process of being built to solely accommodate the participants of the Summit.

There is still lack of basic services here in Iraq. The common Iraqi are still experiencing electrical shortages which is very frustrating for them. However, there seems to be no shortages for the Government, who by the way, live extremely well in the International Zone. Lack of food and shortages still plaque Iraq and Baghdad continues to be a very dangerous place. I don’t see that changing anywhere in the near future.

The CBI has advised some of the Iraqi Private banks to merge in order to increase their value but we have yet to see any of this as none of them have acted upon this request. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) never received the financial documents from the Ministry of Finance as requested going back to Feb, 10.

Considering all this and other matters that still plaque Iraq I am confident in reporting that there will be no RV in the month of December 2010. My analysis on the ground here in Baghdad is 100% confirmed as well as accurate.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

The only problem I will mention with his (AC's) post is that it is purely based on his opinion, depsite the fact he states that "

Considering all this and other matters that still plaque Iraq I am confident in reporting that there will be no RV in the month of December 2010. My analysis on the ground here in Baghdad is 100% confirmed as well as accurate." 100% confirmed by whom ? And how ,exactly ,does he know with 100% certainty, what was disscused in the Parliamentary session ?

This one really bothers me as there is no articles stating this anywhere as yet .

"The re-denomination has been postponed until next year as the CBI and the Iraq government have decided that 2010 is not the right time. "

Maybe it's just me , but it just sounds like blah blah blah ( smoke and mirrors .) No one , and I mean , no one knows what will happen until it comes to pass.

Thanks for posting this One Voice .. It at least gives us something to talk about ....lol :lol:

Uncle Barkie

Edited by Uncle Barkie
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm curious as to know, what in the world is Don't Promote Other Sites???????? I keep seeing this over and over and over and over and yet i have no clue as to what that is.

When other sites are mentioned on this site the computer automatically posts it as "" Dont promote other sites"" so that we are not promoting some one elses business. Thats all. :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

You are throwing in the towel , after just 5 post, you haven't even earned the right to enter the chat room. Come on newbie, don't let this be your history.....there's so many avenues to this game . You gotta want to walk each one. Hang in there..... it may get worse before it gets better.... but the RV is coming.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Not to worry--this is an AC post. He is 50% correct and 50% wrong. Yes it could happen in January or some time later next year but then again we think it might happen in December. We will know when it happens.

;)

Thank you for the correction. I always thought he was 50% inaccurate and 50% wrong. Glad I got that cleared up. :PB)

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

Where do you get off with your 50% right, 50% wrong. You haven't a clue. None of what you're talking about is correct.

The Amer. Contractor has not been half wrong. Clearly you have not bben following from the start. You're just throwing nonsence out there.

Not to worry--this is an AC post. He is 50% correct and 50% wrong. Yes it could happen in January or some time later next year but then again we think it might happen in December. We will know when it happens.

;)

Don't follow her. She's mistaken. He's not wrong.

Thank you for the correction. I always thought he was 50% inaccurate and 50% wrong. Glad I got that cleared up. :PB)

What is wrong with you people? Are you that desperate?!

No one is getting paid to write anything. Stop with the baseless lies. Greedy? For what? What have you brought to the party or contributed? Nothing!

the iraqi's pay ac very well now that were on to his bs he fails to identify himself greedy bastard

Edited by Ha Ha Ha
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

One needs to look no further than what AC said two years ago. His 100% correct sources said that IQD investment was a scam. He and his "sources" said that it was illegal for anyone outside of Iraq to own dinars. If anyone is this ignorant, he/she can't be trusted. Funny how he/she is proven wrong constantly, yet never acknowledges that he/she is wrong. He/she just moves on like nothing ever happened. Please don't respond to this post with "AC is the only one who has been right". That would be verifiable BS.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

first i included the articles of the constitution which do talk about the cbi. then i listed article 110 which has absolutly nothjing to do with finance. furthermore the articles that do refer to the central bank are at odds kinda but i report you decide.dry.gif

Article 100:

First: The Central Bank of Iraq, Board of Supreme Audit, Communication and Media Commission, and the Endowment Commissions are financially and administratively independent institutions. A law shall regulate the work of each of these institutions.

Second: The Central Bank of Iraq is responsible before the Council of Representatives. The Board of Supreme Audit and the Communication and Media Commission shall be attached to the Council of Representatives.

Third: The Endowment Commissions shall be attached to the Council of Ministers.

Article 107:

The federal government shall have exclusive authorities in the following matters:

First: Formulating foreign policy and diplomatic representation; negotiating, signing, and ratifying international treaties and agreements; negotiating, signing and ratifying debt policies and formulating foreign sovereign economic and trade policy;

Second: Formulating and executing national security policy, including creating and managing armed forces to secure the protection, and to guarantee the security of Iraq's borders and to defend Iraq;

Third: Formulating fiscal and customs policy, issuing currency, regulating commercial policy across regional and governorate boundaries in Iraq; drawing up the national budget of the State; formulating monetary policy, and establishing and administering a central bank;

Fourth: Regulating standards, weights and measures;

Fifth: Regulating the issues of citizenship, naturalization, residency and the right to apply for political asylum.

Sixth: Regulating telecommunications and mail policy.

Seventh: To draw up the general and investment budget bill.

Eighth: Plan policies relating to water sources from outside Iraq, and guarantee the rate of water flow to Iraq and its fair distribution, in accordance with international laws and norms.

Ninth: General population statistics and census.

Article 110:

The following competencies shall be shared between the federal authorities and regional authorities:

First: To administer customs in coordination with the governments of the regions and governorates that are not organized in a region. This will be organized by law.

Second: To regulate the main sources of electric energy and its distribution.

Third: To formulate the environmental policy to ensure the protection of the environment from pollution and to preserve its cleanness in cooperation with the regions and governorates that are not organized in a region.

Fourth: To formulate the development and general planning policies.

Fifth: To formulate the public health policy in cooperation with the regions and governorates that are not organized in a region.

Sixth: To formulate the public educational and instructional policy in consultation with the regions and governorates that are not organized in a region.

Seventh: To formulate and organize the main internal water sources policy in a way that guarantees fair distribution. This will be organized by law.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

AMER. CONTRACTOR IS CORRECT.

I'm going to have to 'call you out' on this one troyster1100.

Not sure why didn't didn't post the full Article 110.

You somehow left out the part where Amer. Contractor posted about.

Article 110:

The federal government shall have exclusive authorities in the following matters:

First: Formulating foreign policy and diplomatic representation; negotiating,

signing, and ratifying international treaties and agreements; negotiating, signing,

and ratifying debt policies and formulating foreign sovereign economic and trade

policy.

Second: Formulating and executing national security policy, including

establishing and managing armed forces to secure the protection and guarantee

the security of Iraq’s borders and to defend Iraq.

Third: Formulating fiscal and customs policy; issuing currency; regulating

commercial policy across regional and governorate boundaries in Iraq; drawing

up the national budget of the State; formulating monetary policy; and establishing

and administering a central bank.

Fourth: Regulating standards, weights, and measures.

first i included the articles of the constitution which do talk about the cbi. then i listed article 110 which has absolutly nothjing to do with finance. furthermore the articles that do refer to the central bank are at odds kinda but i report you decide.dry.gif

• Upvote 7

I picked up on that too SMathews.

Thanks for clarifying that and posting the correct information on Article 110.

AMER. CONTRACTOR IS CORRECT.

I'm going to have to 'call you out' on this one troyster1100.

Not sure why didn't didn't post the full Article 110.

You somehow left out the part where Amer. Contractor posted about.

Article 110:

First: Formulating foreign policy and diplomatic representation; negotiating,

signing, and ratifying international treaties and agreements; negotiating, signing,

and ratifying debt policies and formulating foreign sovereign economic and trade

policy.

Second: Formulating and executing national security policy, including

establishing and managing armed forces to secure the protection and guarantee

the security of Iraq’s borders and to defend Iraq.

Third: Formulating fiscal and customs policy; issuing currency; regulating

commercial policy across regional and governorate boundaries in Iraq; drawing

up the national budget of the State; formulating monetary policy; and establishing

and administering a central bank.

Fourth: Regulating standards, weights, and measures.

Edited by TAE
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

why do people here like to misquote or twist info people post is beyond me.

doesn't troyster1100 (up above) know that the Constitution is made public and anyone of us could confirm or deny that info.

in this case troyster1100 is exposed for leaving some choice words and sentences out that could confirm what the AC stated.

Wonder what the motive was troy? To discredit? Hmmmmm.

Edited by Ha Ha Ha
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

why do people here like to misquote or twist info people post is beyond me.

doesn't troyster1100 (up above) know that the Constitution is made public and anyone of us could confirm or deny that info.

in this case troyster1100 is exposed for leaving some choice words and sentences out that could confirm what the AC stated.

Wonder what the motive was troy? To discredit? Hmmmmm.

Go back and read troy's post...... What y'all are saying "hed id not post in Article 110", he posted in Article 107......... Sure doesn't look to me like he was trying to manipulate anything....... Come on guys, READ everything he posted and stop jumping to conclusions......

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5