Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Slappenu intel

Snickers77

I don't know who gave you a neg mark, but I like this info. Sounds good to me.

Know Moral Eyes

I gave a positive mark to offset the neg, but somehow my orig post did not make its way to the forum. I guess I previewed and forgot to hit the add reply button. I would think any place that has a large gathering would be a good way to inform citizens.

Can you imagine not having power over 4 or 5 hours a day? Hope it is the same timeframe each day so they can plan ahead. This RV surely will make a huge difference to the people of Iraq in the qualify and freedom... just as soon as contracts can be signed and contractors start work to build out the infrastructure.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

[slappenu] either way guys.....tgar ...the pulpit another way to say they made the announcement during church

[slappenu] realize that most dont have tvs

[slappenu] or even power

[slappenu] but everybody goes to church

Church?

In an Islamic country?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Church?

In an Islamic country?

Not to sound negative (or too ignorant for that matter), but I was wondering the same thing....

I don't know alot about Islam, but I do know they have prayer time every four hours or so, day and night.....

Could someone enlighten if there is a weekly or routine 'coorporate' gathering in Islam?

Thx!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

their place of worship is in mosques isn't it like the one they wanted to build a block from the world trade centers and everyone made a big deal abt it bcuz it was muslim

WIKIPEDIA.....Mosque

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search

A modern-style mosque built on water in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.This article is part of the series:

Islam

Beliefs

Allah · Oneness of God

Prophets · Revealed books

Angels

Practices

Profession of faith · Prayer

Fasting · Charity · Pilgrimage

Texts and laws

Qur'an · Sunnah · Hadith

Fiqh · Sharia · Kalam · Sufism

History and leadership

Timeline · Spread of Islam

Ahl al-Bayt · Sahaba

Sunni · Shi'a · Others

Rashidun · Caliphate

Imamate

Culture and society

Academics · Animals · Art

Calendar · Children

Demographics · Festivals

Mosques · Philosophy

Science · Women

Politics · Dawah

Islam and other

religions

Christianity · Judaism

Hinduism · Sikhism · Jainism · Mormonism

See also

Criticism

Glossary of Islamic terms

Islam portal

v • d • e

A mosque is a place of worship for followers of Islam. The word entered the English language most likely through French (mosquée), from Spanish (mezquita), from Berber (tamezgida), ultimately originating in Arabic: masjid مسجد‎ — Arabic pronunciation: [ˈmæsdʒɪd].[1] The Arabic word masjid literally means a place of prostration. The word "mosque" in English refers to all types of buildings dedicated for Islamic worship, although there is a distinction in Arabic between the smaller masjid dedicated for the daily five prayers and the larger masjid jāmi‘ (مسجد جامع) where the daily five prayers and the Friday congregation sermons are held with a high volume of attendance. The masjid jāmi‘ also plays more roles such as teaching Qur'an and educating future imams.

The mosque serves as a place where Muslims can come together for salat (prayer) (Arabic: صلاة‎, ṣalāt) as well as a center for information, education, and dispute settlement. The Imam leads the prayer.

They have developed significantly from the open-air spaces that were the Quba Mosque and Al-Masjid al-Nabawi in the 7th century. Many mosques have elaborate domes, minarets, and prayer halls. Mosques originated on the Arabian Peninsula, but are now found in all inhabited continents.

Large mosques play sometime a political role as well. In Islamic countries like Pakistan, Iran and Iraq (after 2003), political subjects are preached by imams at Friday congregations on a regular basis.[2] In other Islamic countries, imams are usually banned from mentioning political issues.

• Upvote 2

Slappenu received a call from his brother who is in iraq ... this is what was conveyed to him ...

[slappenu] and remember how I told you guys the other day they were announcing the RV to the masses by way of the pulpit?

[slappenu] i received confirmation of that a little while ago

[slappenu] ladies gentlemen.....enjoy your next week...dont know what day it will hit the forex, but im hoping it will be sunday at 5 est or monday

[slappenu] either way guys.....tgar ...the pulpit another way to say they made the announcement during church

[slappenu] or even power

Well first off you are assuming that they have some sort of church service on sunday when actually sunday is the first day of the work week in Iraq. There is not one contractor or US solider in Iraq that knows anything as far as a rate or date. Not even the US ambassador to Iraq even knows.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Thanks 'jmo74789' for the post containing the definition of a mosque. Glad to know that it has many uses and purposes. Sounds like a perfect place to give information about the changes in Iraq.

It's interesting how we get pictures in our heads of various people, places, or things and then over time we either meet the person, visit the place, or check out the thing and find it quite different than we had envisioned. TV and the Internet has given us much broader views also.

• Upvote 3

Islamic culture is way different than ours. reminds me of stories my great grandma used to talk about when she was little. there were no phones or computers and everyone in town used to meet at churches and spend sundays together. Shows what state this country is in technologically and hopefully we all see why they need a complete overhaul of their infrastructure. This rv should be a big step for them and hopefully brings them into the modern era.

• Upvote 2

Slappenu received a call from his brother who is in iraq ... this is what was conveyed to him ...

[slappenu] and remember how I told you guys the other day they were announcing the RV to the masses by way of the pulpit?

[slappenu] i received confirmation of that a little while ago

[slappenu] ladies gentlemen.....enjoy your next week...dont know what day it will hit the forex, but im hoping it will be sunday at 5 est or monday

[slappenu] or even power

OH REALLY :lol::lol:

• Downvote 3

We as Americans know little about the cultures, customs and practices of our own neighbors who literally live next door, we have less than a clue about those in the culture of our investment.

Muslims follow the Islamic faith and worship on their holy day of the week which I believe is sundown fri to sundown sat.

I finally have something to agree with pleasantvalleySunday on. Just kidding... ;)

Their culture is so different than ours. You see for them, they would see it as a massive mistake to do anything having to do with work, business, talking about the economy on a holy day. :o

Iraq is a little more modern then you would think unless you never been there. I think there would MANY other ways to get the message across before desecrating what they consider a holy day. :blink:

• Upvote 1

They have Mosque's over here.. yes I am in Iraq right now plus if you travel thru the airports over here in the middle east there are prayer rooms.. So to be blunt yes they have a church over here just not the kind of church we are use to.. But please read below.. Because everything you read on here is hype.. from what I have read

I like reading these threads .. It brings up my happy level when I am down, But than I bring myself down by asking myself, how many of these people out here are financial advisors? Another question is if these people on these threads actualy knew when the RV would happen than we would be rich right now, because somebody said it was going to happen Thanksgiving night or the day after. Plus here is one for you, If everybody who post things like the value ranging from .31 to 2.81 and some above 3 dollars perdinar, WHO DO WE BELIEVE? I know everybody has their idea of when and how much and why, but we all must be prepared to let ourselves come down from the high of reading the possibility of the RV happening tonight or 2 weeks or 4 weeks from now.. Nobody actualy knows of when or even how much it will RV. The possibility of anybody knowing is unlikely.. So please don't get yourself caught up on this happening anytime soon I would hate for somebody to go out and max out his credit card becasue he read something on the threads. Don't go spending the money till it's in your bank account. I have had my dinar since 2005 and back than it was supose to RV in Sept than Oct than Nov, that's when I realized that I won't believe anything till it happens.

I hope I didn't make anybody mad by posting this and sorry about the grammer and spelling if it is bad, I am very tired and need some sleep.

this is my 2 dinars worth take it for what you want

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 2

Just adding a little info... the mosque is used for many things and not just prayer...it is used for communication from all sectors as a means to disperse important things to the masses. We have neighbours who go to mosque daily....so being sunday or thursday...it doesnt matter.... if its important enough it can be heard there!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

After having lived and done business in Iraq and Kuwait for the last 5 years, I totally

agree with the comments here.

I often hear people say, " Why can't they hurry up, and form a Government, or

R/V the dinar , Get the Oil pumping etc?

It all has to with "Enshala (if God wills it, or it was God's Will)", its just their way.

There are many things I admire in Arab Culture, their Dedication to God and

Family (two paramont things that American Culture is in danger of losing).

They do not have the American Work Ethic. It's the first thing, one must understand.

It drives you batty when conducting business, but after a while you just realise

its their way of doing things and mark it down as a cost in doing business in the

Sandbox.

Knowing all this has helped be patient, and at peace waiting for this R/V (although, today

would be a great day for it to R/V!).

Aloha!

• Upvote 6

[quote name=Tammi :)' date='28 November 2010 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1290944757' post='283807]

Just adding a little info... the mosque is used for many things and not just prayer...it is used for communication from all sectors as a means to disperse important things to the masses. We have neighbours who go to mosque daily....so being sunday or thursday...it doesnt matter.... if its important enough it can be heard there!

Ok… Like we said the CULTURE IS DIFFERENT. :blink:

In America something that wouldn’t be a foul is a death sentence there… carried out by nameless people or mobs. :huh:

You may be right in America that may be so BUT Iraq is very religiously strict. IN SOME AREAS… it is so strict that you COULD get killed just for smoking a cigarette. :o

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

their place of worship is in mosques isn't it like the one they wanted to build a block from the world trade centers and everyone made a big deal abt it bcuz it was muslim

WIKIPEDIA.....Mosque

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search

A modern-style mosque built on water in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.This article is part of the series:

Islam

Beliefs

Allah · Oneness of God

Prophets · Revealed books

Angels

Practices

Profession of faith · Prayer

Fasting · Charity · Pilgrimage

Texts and laws

Qur'an · Sunnah · Hadith

Fiqh · Sharia · Kalam · Sufism

History and leadership

Timeline · Spread of Islam

Ahl al-Bayt · Sahaba

Sunni · Shi'a · Others

Rashidun · Caliphate

Imamate

Culture and society

Academics · Animals · Art

Calendar · Children

Demographics · Festivals

Mosques · Philosophy

Science · Women

Politics · Dawah

Islam and other

religions

Christianity · Judaism

Hinduism · Sikhism · Jainism · Mormonism

See also

Criticism

Glossary of Islamic terms

Islam portal

v • d • e

A mosque is a place of worship for followers of Islam. The word entered the English language most likely through French (mosquée), from Spanish (mezquita), from Berber (tamezgida), ultimately originating in Arabic: masjid مسجد‎ — Arabic pronunciation: [ˈmæsdʒɪd].[1] The Arabic word masjid literally means a place of prostration. The word "mosque" in English refers to all types of buildings dedicated for Islamic worship, although there is a distinction in Arabic between the smaller masjid dedicated for the daily five prayers and the larger masjid jāmi‘ (مسجد جامع) where the daily five prayers and the Friday congregation sermons are held with a high volume of attendance. The masjid jāmi‘ also plays more roles such as teaching Qur'an and educating future imams.

The mosque serves as a place where Muslims can come together for salat (prayer) (Arabic: صلاة‎, ṣalāt) as well as a center for information, education, and dispute settlement. The Imam leads the prayer.

They have developed significantly from the open-air spaces that were the Quba Mosque and Al-Masjid al-Nabawi in the 7th century. Many mosques have elaborate domes, minarets, and prayer halls. Mosques originated on the Arabian Peninsula, but are now found in all inhabited continents.

Large mosques play sometime a political role as well. In Islamic countries like Pakistan, Iran and Iraq (after 2003), political subjects are preached by imams at Friday congregations on a regular basis.[2] In other Islamic countries, imams are usually banned from mentioning political issues.

It was not because it was muslims. They have plenty of mosque's all over New York. It is the location!!