Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What do you feel about Phoenix's Time limits ?

Phil b

HI All,

what do you make of the phoenix post and the time limit to cash in ??

theiraqidinar.com/2010/11/25/phoenix-post-dinar-vets-112510-heads-up/

The more I think about it and the rates he has stated, the more realistic this becomes. This scenario would really throw the s*** into the fan. The rates are good enough and very very realistic but the time frame is not. It's not realistic if you expected the popluation to have time to cash in their Dinar. But very realistic if you wanted to cheat them, I have no qualms in expecting the authorities to try and cheat us.

I hope this is not the case, but can imagine something like this happening to screw the private investors. Gee they could really screw us, if we have just 7 days to cash in, and those 7 days are over xmass and new year

I am getting worried as I see this coming about as Phoenix explains it, the new currency will be around for the 1 jan 2011 and the old will be gone for good. They will have settled their own accounts abut leave the private investors in the crap or having a very hard time to get cashed in in time. Makes perfect sense to start fresh in a new financial year with a new currency doesn't it ?

We can call the time limit unreasonable, we can cry all we want, but that wont make one bit of difference to the outcome. The iraqi's will have no problem exchanging and thats good for them they deserve it, but the westerners will have problems that's for sure.

I sincerely hope that someone can come to the fore and tell me that this wouldn't or can't happen, hopefully someone will tell me that my problems are unfounded.

Here's to hoping !!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's exactly why I am worried !! They probably can't intentionally screw us over in full view of the world. But they can give us impossible time frames which is the same as screwing us.

Don't forget the big banks and govts are safe and covered for, it's only the commoners that will get hurt. Don't say that they give a monkeys about the small people in this world.

The IMF and WORLD BANK don't care about us -PERIOD only themselves and their future gains.

• Upvote 2

HI All,

The more I think about it and the rates he has stated, the more realistic this becomes. This scenario would really throw the s*** into the fan. The rates are good enough and very very realistic but the time frame is not. It's not realistic if you expected the popluation to have time to cash in their Dinar. But very realistic if you wanted to cheat them, I have no qualms in expecting the authorities to try and cheat us.

I hope this is not the case, but can imagine something like this happening to screw the private investors. Gee they could really screw us, if we have just 7 days to cash in, and those 7 days are over xmass and new year

I am getting worried as I see this coming about as Phoenix explains it, the new currency will be around for the 1 jan 2011 and the old will be gone for good. They will have settled their own accounts abut leave the private investors in the crap or having a very hard time to get cashed in in time. Makes perfect sense to start fresh in a new financial year with a new currency doesn't it ?

We can call the time limit unreasonable, we can cry all we want, but that wont make one bit of difference to the outcome. The iraqi's will have no problem exchanging and thats good for them they deserve it, but the westerners will have problems that's for sure.

I sincerely hope that someone can come to the fore and tell me that this wouldn't or can't happen, hopefully someone will tell me that my problems are unfounded.

Here's to hoping !!

For goodness sake how long does it take to go to Ali or your bank and exchange ........ You are worring over nothing.

• Upvote 1

EMMMM - that's not too comforting to people who don't live in The US or UK or where ever he has offices. It wont be easy to travell with millions of IQD after they have RV'D, We can't exactly just shove them in our pockets and travell willy nilly can we.

Have you spoken to a bank recently about the IQD ??? do you think they will have things ready for you between xmass and new year when they haven't got time to listen to you about it today ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He only said the 7 day deal was possible because North Korea did it. Iraq is not North Korea. The world wasn't watching then like they are now. It was only a possibility. Chances are you will have much more time. Trust me. :lol: Reread his post, CLOSELY. You have a better chance of it coming in at $3 with months to turn it in. Plus, in my book, Phoenix is one of the top investigators in this deal but just because he's good, don't make him right. Don't turn a molehill into a mountain. Besides, what's all this fretting gonna do anyway besides churn your guts up. Is it gonna change anything? B)

Edited by JugDawg1
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

The 7 day window was the North Korean Finance Ministers big idea to screw the large black market in that country. The plan failed so miserably and disrupted the economy so badly (it was pretty sick already), that they releived him of his post.

His reward for his big idea? He was executed for his great plan......

I would not recommend you spend any more time hand-wringing over this dubious information. Too many people and countries have invested in IQD for this to happen. The IMF would veto this in a nanosecond. Not the way to get out from under Chapter VII either.

Deep breathing exercises. Relax. Enjoy the ride. I've been at this investment since arriving in the Baghdad Green Zone in the summer of 2004. I think we can see the finish line from here.

Semper Fidelis,

Gunner

• Upvote 2

HI All,

Here's to hoping !!

Stop getting worked up over nothing imo. What will be will be and i don't think it will. :)

Edited by djwebby
  • Upvote 1

He only said the 7 day deal was possible because North Korea did it. Iraq is not North Korea. The world wasn't watching then like they are now. It was only a possibility. Chances are you will have much more time. Trust me. :lol: Reread his post, CLOSELY. You have a better chance of it coming in at $3 with months to turn it in. Plus, in my book, Phoenix is one of the top investigators in this deal but just because he's good, don't make him right. Don't turn a molehill into a mountain. Besides, what's all this fretting gonna do anyway besides churn your guts up. Is it gonna change anything? B)

Jugdawg is spot on with this and besides Phil b, did you just now think about this scenario? I had thought about this when I got back into the investment so if your diversified in how you bought IQD ie bank account then either way your fine. Also, I remember a great response doc31 had about this subject and basically what I got out of it was conditions such as this do not promote trust for the Iraqis. They need foreign investors to get their country going again. They need foreign investors trust. How can they expect trust from the world when they place conditions that screw those who have already invested in their country?

They want their currency to be internationally traded so relax, we will be fine. ;)

Edited by quadraph0nic
  • Upvote 3

Phoenix did not say that it will be 7 to 45 days to cash in. He said that that's what he was told. The main point that he was making was to be ready for anything. Have a plan. Don't be caught offguard by a lower rate or a shorter time frame if it turns out that way. I think that's good advice.

I will one more time repeat what I was told and please feel free to forward this info and or repost anywhere you like.

1. The rate will be higher than the Dollar, lower than the Pound and at or near the Euro.

2. There will be a time limit to exchange and that time limit will be no more than 45 days but no less than 7 days.

After the time limit is up the dinar we now hold will be deemed worthless and no longer legal public tender but will remain legal tender for non private bank to bank and nation to nation accounting and transfer.

Note: As of today November 25th Maliki has 30 days to seat the Iraqi government and that deadline is December 25th 2010 which leaves 7 days until the end of the year.

There is a very good chance that when the Iraqi Dinar is revalued the deadline for exchange will be December 31st 2010 and on January 1st 2011 the current Iraqi Dinar in circulation will no longer be accepted from the public for deposit or exchange.

The date, the rate and the terms of exchange are all classified and unknown to the public at this time and the validity of the information I have presented above is yet to be seen but I once again extend this information as a word to the wise to have a plan...and plan to act.

Those who fail to plan....plan to fail.

Edited by MrRich
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Yeah!!! What JugDawg said :blink: . I've always watched for Phoenix's post as they seemed to be loaded with good old-fashioned research. However, I really have to disagree with him here. New currency you spoke of, no. Lower denoms - Probably more likely <_< . Phoenix's timeline is to short (IMO) and rate is a little low (IMO). I won't quote a rate or date because I am not part of the Iraqi "CLICK" in the know. All I know is that it is now-

RRRVVVVVVVVVV B) T T T T T T T T T I I I I I I I I I I M M M M M M M M E E E E E E E E E E E B) B) B)

• Upvote 2

I just now read the post by Phoenix. If the RV does not happen until the 30th day after Nov 25, which would be Dec 25, the date by which Maliki has to form his gov completely, that would be on the short side of the 7 to 45 days Phoenix mentioned... not necessarily his thoughts... but what he heard.

But who says they will wait until Dec 25 to announce the RV? I don't recall anywhere that the RV could not happen until ALL seats and positions were filled. Now correct me if I'm wrong.

So if the RV happens before EOM to coincide with the completion of the budget, then if Dec 31, 2010 happens to be a date that is set for the cashing in of all higher denom, that would still give 30 days, some of which are holidays and weekends, but planning could surely be expedited to fit that schedule. And what it the RV happens later today, Nov 26. That is getting closer to the 45 days.

I think Phoenix was simply trying to prepare us to be prepared for anything. It is still my feeling that there will not be a stringent date like that for the cashing in of the larger denominations, but as Phoenix, who has done a LOT of research, has said... BE PREPARED.

P.S. Just read another thread on here of a news article that says Maliki will complete the forming of the gov in 3 weeks., but I still don't think that the RV is tied to the 'complete' gov.

• Upvote 5

If you go back and read his post and READ it carefully, he DID NIOT say anything about 7 days to cash in. He stated that the time frame was 7 days MINIMUM and 45 maximum. Please read carefully before you start thingd like this!

M oe :(

Yeah, actually he did. If you act on the minimum (7 days to cash in) and there is no maximum (45 days to cash in), what are you left with = 7 days to cash in.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If you go back and read his post and READ it carefully, he DID NIOT say anything about 7 days to cash in. He stated that the time frame was 7 days MINIMUM and 45 maximum. Please read carefully before you start thingd like this!

M oe :(

Sorry, I don't understand the difference. Doesn't that mean there is a chance for us to only have 7 days to cash in? Yes there is a chance it will be 45 too, but the 7 is what is working people up. Heck, could the time frame even be anything inbetween? Say 10 days? But didn't he mention something about cashing in by January 1st too? So he did in fact insinuate we have a possiblity of having only 7 days to cash in, and I understand people's confusion.

I do however wholeheartedly agree with him, that we can do this in 7 days, if that is the time frame, if we plan accordingly and to be prepared for anything! People need not panic, especially about the unknown.

BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING!!!!

very good advice!!

• Upvote 2

Not worried as long as my Bank of America will accept the Dinars at that time. The banks can just credit your checking or savings account shouldn't take more than 15-20 min for the whole transaction to take place.

If not I will have to setup a account at Third Federal bank since in Florida they are only bank that is selling dinars now at this time I am aware of

But I could see the Iraq govt trying to screw the small person out why would they want to give us 90 days to cash in If a RV ever takes

we won't have much time.

Look at the common thread in many of your response posts, particularly from Jugdawg1, Scooby Doo, quadroph0nic, Solutions, & Yogi-Donnie. That is to BE PREPARED for anything. Don't panic. We all will have unique challenges in front of us at cash in time. Think through what has to be done for YOU to succeed. Think of a backup plan. If you have to travel across borders to cash in and are, rightfully, worried about carrying millions of dinar, consider positioning your dinar, pre-RV, at or near your cash in location, if possible (safe deposit box, close friend's safe, shoebox buried next to bank). Try to work out the complications and make it as simple and expedient as possible when the RV comes. Advice here is certainly one resource you have been wise to tap.

My point is, while we do all have common concerns and challenges in front of us, only you can come up with solutions for the problems unique to your situation.

I, personally, feel like a crouching cat shifting his feet back and forth, ready to pounce. :)

• Upvote 3

The bottom line is the Cashin Window is all speculation as is the Rate and Date.

Pheonix is simply saying be ready for anything.

It does not matter what anyone thinks the Cashin window will be or should be .

It will be what it is- at that time you alone are going to have to make the decision what you are going to do.

It you have not got a plan on what you are going to do when the time comes then you may be in trouble.

Just be prepared for anything that comes along is what all these people are saying - and have some kind of idea what you plan to do when it does happen.

That's it. Just be ready for anything is all that is being said. JMHO

Please do not worry about it. All the worrying in the world is not going to change what is about to happen.

God Bless All

GoRV.gif

• Upvote 3

The challenge will be dealing with al of our banks because they have daily limits (around $2,000) on how much foreign currency they are willng to exchange accordng to their policies. The majority of banks do not deal in exchanging large sums of currency exchanges on a daily basis. Myself and other Dinar investors have brought ths topic up to the bank we deal with for their consideration in being prepared to deal with this should it happen. Hopefully they've taken it seriously and hopefully the leverage which we will all represent (large new depositors) will lead them to creating temporary procedures for dealing with what we all hope happens. I guess there is always Ali if you can make that work, hopefully there will be reasonable time periods to cash in. Good luck all! :D

• Upvote 1