Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What would you ask if you could???

mlay901

So here is the deal. I was telling a family member today about this investment and found out that they have a trustworthy contact in Iraq. I don't know how much time I will be able to talk to this person so I want to have very pointed questions that will reveal any pertinent information. If you had one to three questions to ask this person what would they be in order of importance?

In case it matters I believe this contact is a private contractor in the security field. No promises, but whatever I find out I will pass along.

1. What is the average man on the streets general attitude towards Maliki?

2. Does the general employment situation appear to to be improving at all in Iraq?

3. What is the general attitude and thoughts about the economy (including RV) for the average Iraqi?

Maybe not these 3 exactly. Just questions about them. Their thoughts and hopes on the near future for them and their country. Questions that, when answered, you can put together for a better perspective. Nothing too blunt or stupid. Express real care and compassion. This will open them up better than anything. B)

Edited by JugDawg1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1. I would ask if he has seen any of the new lower notes we are all wanting to see

2. I would ask him what he knows and has heard.

3. Also maybe asking about any contracts he has with Iraq if they have had to do any changes to them regarding no longer being able to use USD after a certain date.

4. Trying to find out how the Iraqi citizens get their news and on what stations.

These are just a few suggestions I can think of this late at night and on an enormously huge belly full of food :P .....and thank you for trying to get info for all of us, it's greatly appreciated!!!

I have a good one or more!

1) There have been non stop rumors that the GOI is nearly complete.....one tall tale was that 34-39 of the 40 cabinets have been filled. I want to know if there truly has been ANY progress in the formation (if any).

2) The question on smaller denominations is an excellent question as well......I realize some claim they are out, but no one has been right about anything yet, so why would anyone believe this rumor on the small bills?

3) There was yet another RUMOR on the smart cards that were supposedly going to be issued today & then loaded Dec. 10th. I would love to know the truth about these smart cards.

Thanks

Dan

• Upvote 1

1. What is the average man on the streets general attitude towards Maliki?

2. Does the general employment situation appear to to be improving at all in Iraq?

3. What is the general attitude and thoughts about the economy (including RV) for the average Iraqi?

Maybe not these 3 exactly. Just questions about them. Their thoughts and hopes on the near future for them and their country. Questions that, when answered, you can put together for a better perspective. Nothing too blunt or stupid. Express real care and compassion. This will open them up better than anything. B)

I agree, Do some research so you know Iraq's history, it will build mutual respect if you know about his country and if they don't know their history they are doomed to repeat it.

Here's some interesting facts about Iraq:

Iraq was once a highly educated county..

Iraq established its education system in 1921, offering both public and private paths. In the early 1970s, education became public and free at all levels, and mandatory at the primary level.

The Golden Years:1970-1984

Iraq’s education system was one of the best in the region during this period of time, and highly praised throughout. By 1984, major accomplishments had been achieved, which include but are not limited to:

• Gross Enrollment Rates rising over 100%

• Almost complete gender parity in enrollment

• Illiteracy among 15-45 age group declined to less than 10%

• Dropout/Repetition rates were the lowest in the Middle East and North Africa [MENA] region

• Spending in Education reached 6% of Gross National Product [GNP] and 20% of Iraq’s total government budget

• The average government spending per student for education was ~$620

The Decline Years: 1984-1989

The 1980s brought about the war with Iran, which in turn led to a diversion of public resources towards military spending. Naturally, this resulted in a steep decline in overall social spending. With this, the education budget suffered from a deficit, which continued to grow as the years passed. There was also no strategic plan in place to address these issues at the time.

The Crisis Years: 1990-2003

Moreover, the 1990s brought about the first Gulf War and economic sanctions, which caused Iraq’s educational institutions to debilitate further. Some of the outcomes of the weakening system included but are not limited to:

• The share of education in the Gross National Product [GNP] dropped to almost half, resting at 3.3% in 2003

• As Gross Income declined, resources for education suffered

• Education came to assume only 8% of the total government budget

• Government Spending per student on education dropped from $620 in the ‘Golden Years’ to $47

• Teacher salaries dropped in real terms, from $500–1000/month to $5/month in 2002-2003

• Gross Enrollment in primary schooling dropped to 90%

• The gender gap increased [95% Male, 80% Female]

• The dropout rate reached 20% [31%Female, 18%Male]

• The repetition rate reached a figure that is double that of the MENA region, 15%, and 34% for secondary schools

[edit]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_in_Iraq

1.) I'd ask what the people think is going to go down over there and do they feel it will benefit their ecomony? I'm talking about removing 3 zeros from the currency which will have a revenue neutral effect but get the large notes out of circulation or a straight up RV where the rate of the currency is increased and then the large notes are removed from circulation. What do some of his contacts over there think is going to happen here and why?

2.) How does he feel about the prospects of Iraq having an internationally recognized currency in the near future and also a stable government?

What do the people think of these suicide bombers that come in and blow up their friends?

Why can these bombers slip among the common people so easily?

Where is Dr. Shabibi, and what is he up to?

What do the people plan to be doing once the RV comes, or do they recognize it as the same windfall that we do?

How will their particular lives improve?

Sorry...I've got lots of questions!

1. Has an RV even been mentioned to the Iraqi citizens?

2. Has any Iraqi small businesses began preparing for a currency change of any kind?

3. Has the average Iraqi citizen been told anything about possible individual wealth of any kind by the government?