Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Heads UP! November 25th 2010

Phoenix

In My Humble Opinion there is no need for a time limit on cashing in the large denoms due to the fact that Iraq mentioned some time ago, the large and small denoms would circulate right along side of each other until all of the large denoms are removed. And if Iraq revalues the currency at a reasonable rate then all is good, there will be no need to worry about bring in the large denoms, period. People will be break their necks to cash-in!

I agree with and appreciate all of your comments here, I'm glad all of you here on this site has a brain and can think and speak up for yourselves.

wink.gif Cheers to everyone!

• Upvote 5

I must have really missed something somewhere back. Where did we come up with cashing in only 100,000 per day?

The quote was 500,000 people turning in Dinar 100,000 a day ( people not dinar ) is what I got from statement.

;)

I don't believe any of this time limits stated above.........rate could make sense but will have to see. B)

Good Grief people....... Phoenix was only giving his OPINION in which we are ALL entitled too.

I am starting to believe what others have said.... when someone gives you info you like, you say great things about them..... When they say the opposite, you want to BASH them.

Another reason I do NOT give my OPINION.

What a disappointment.

Matt

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

Some of you need to read my post again.

Did I say the exchange window was only 7 days?

No I did not....what I said was:

"2. There will be a time limit to exchange and that time limit will be no more than 45 days but no less than 7 days."

Also...to all who think that is an unreal time frame you need to keep up with current events...just one year ago North Korea revalued their currency and guess what the time limit was on the exchange for the whole country?

7 days.

Also you need to keep in mind the most recent historical actions of the Central Bank of Iraq when they recalled all of the 25 and 50 dinar coins in January of 2008.

At that time the CBI gave a time limit of 30 days for the exchange...after that time limit was up the 25 and 50 dinar coins were no longer accepted as legal tender and are now only sold as collector items.

And that is not speculation...that is not rumor...that is 100% historical fact.

Like it or not.

Link to 7 day exchange time limit in N. Korea: http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2009/12/north_korean_currency_reform_s.html

Link to CBI 30 day time limit on exchange:

"A source from the Regional Ministry of Financial Affairs, in condition of anonymity, said “the ministry decided to exchange the 25, 50 and 100 Iraqi dinar coins. Banks are going to receive these coins from the citizens and to be exchanged with a paper currency.”

“The decision starts to be implemented from 3-1-2008 to 1-2-2008”, the source added."

http://pukmedia.com/....=2603&Itemid=1

And from VOI

Central Bank decides to withdraw coins and replace Bourguih

(Voice of Iraq) - 10-12-2007 [Dec 10th 2007]

Send this topic to a friend

The Central Bank of Iraq, Monday, coins withdrawn from classes (100, 50, 25) dinars and replacement of paper currencies.

The statement said the National Information Center of the Council of Ministers, received Independent News Agency (Voices of Iraq) a copy of it on Monday that the Central Bank of Iraq announced that he "will be replaced Akiem currency mineral equivalent paper currency to the banks and branches scattered in Iraq without charge or commission."

The Central Bank, according to the statement, that "the period of replacement beginning on the date of 3 / 1 / 2008 until 31 / 1 / 2008," saying that "currency mineral void and will not be accepted or circulation in the Republic of Iraq after the expiration of the term replacement."

The Central Bank of Iraq issued a mineral in these categories in January of the year 2004, consists of the category (25) dinars, (50) Dinara made of metal-coated steel to copper in the form of a circular motion, and as a map back to Iraq, and General (100) dinars manufactured from Nickel metal-coated steel in the form of circular cap, as the back map of Iraq, but these groups have not been used widely, and disappeared from the daily dealings of the market effectively for a long time.

Looks like the links may be dead...but these were saved from Puk Media and VOI

Like I said...just a "word to the wise".

But for some it appears to be "Fodder for fools"

Best of luck to all!~

Phoenix

• Upvote 19
  • Downvote 5

Phoenix I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment of the situation. It doesn't makes sense to give such a short period of time to turn in the large denominations. In fact I agree with Ali when he said quite some time ago that there would not be a time period on removing the large notes; they just would be put out of circulation when the CBI got them back. As far as the rate, I believe it would not be to Iraqs advantage to come in at close to our dollar. Contracts have already been signed using the $3.20 rate and also the $2+ rate. The times I've disagreed with you I can count on 1 hand, however this is one of those times. Thank You very much for all your time and effort you put in to informing us about what is going on. May your holiday season be happy and safe.

I would agree with your position, and certainly not Phoenix's. Ali works very closely with the CBI and you have to reason that his statement on time to cash in would be based on more solid ground that that of Phoenix. Don't panic. Remember we expected there would be much chaos and disinformation right before the RV.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Seems I have the some of the very same people saying the same rude remarks as when I came on months ago to let everyone know that the next PM was going to be Maliki and not Allawi.

Too funny! :lol:

Um....so how did that "Allawi is the next PM" thing work out for ya? :blink::lol:

Later.

Phoenix

Matt. 7:6

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 5

Phoenix - thanks for the post...I do remember the "exachange grace period" being presented to the local Iraqi's when they first learned of the new denominations - so I went back in to the DV history and back in March of 2010, I shared with the DV family that they were told of the grace period - their assumption was a 60 day grace period - but again the number of days doesn't matter - I wanted to share the link from "way back when" I first had heard that YES there will be a grace period....sorry for the harsh response of others. Just remember if its not what they want to hear, you are going to receive negative comments but I know you have been around long enough to let it roll off your back darlin.....

I did find the link: with the conversation I had with several DV family members.

Phoenix I am thankful to have people like you in me life that shares your knowledgable with stangers.....Please keep sharing as I love to read what you have to say....

Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving....

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 2

Have A suspision. Why when posts like this pop up the poster never responds. I have noticed before and found it odd. C'mon why post something so contriversal but not stick around to even give an insite, opinion, an argument. Why?

He did respond a few times....check again

• Upvote 3

You are 100% CORRECT ....

Pheonix aka Ranger77 aka Secret Key aka who knows how many other names...should absolutely NOT be regarded as a "dependable source"....he has been spouting this kind of drama along with Toto and Dorothy and Kansas and a whole host of other garbage for 7 yrs now. This clown's credibility was lost long LONG ago....fwiw...

Thank you for exposing Pheonix aka Ranger77 for what he really is. He is no guru but a c... artist. I thought he was above everybody else. Pheonix revealed himself by this post , as a pretender, he is now cut with his pant down for what he is, ordinary pretender. l shall never read his post again. However, if Pheonix is right on what he said here today, l shall wholeheartedly apologies to him and to my fellow investors.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 16

I was just wondering if you are aware of the contractors rate that was recently exposed to us. This rate was placed in their agreements that have now been written in english and arabic. If you are aware, please explain to me how you came to your conclusions about the new rate. Thank you in advance for your help and info regarding this.

• Upvote 1

Phoenix, thanks for the post, i appreciate your post and look forward to reading them. I for one remember when many said Allawi then flipped and said Maliki,then only to waffle back again. You always stood by your post that Maliki wood be the PM. Also it is apparent that you research your findings with great diligence.Please do not let off base opinions deter your efforts on posting. I can see a window of exchange as well.Things are moving fast right now as the Iraqi government needs this thing to be on a fast track. And hey if you don't make the time line they do not have to pay. That too works in their favor. In any case it is one possible scenario. Thanks again and have a great thanksgiving.

• Upvote 5

Phoenix - thanks for the post...I do remember the "exachange grace period" being presented to the local Iraqi's when they first learned of the new denominations - so I went back in to the DV history and back in March of 2010, I shared with the DV family that they were told of the grace period - their assumption was a 60 day grace period - but again the number of days doesn't matter - I wanted to share the link from "way back when" I first had heard that YES there will be a grace period....sorry for the harsh response of others. Just remember if its not what they want to hear, you are going to receive negative comments but I know you have been around long enough to let it roll off your back darlin.....

I did find the link: with the conversation I had with several DV family members.

Phoenix I am thankful to have people like you in me life that shares your knowledgable with stangers.....Please keep sharing as I love to read what you have to say....

Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving....

that is not the same scenario.

• Upvote 2

I was just wondering if you are aware of the contractors rate that was recently exposed to us. This rate was placed in their agreements that have now been written in english and arabic. If you are aware, please explain to me how you came to your conclusions about the new rate. Thank you in advance for your help and info regarding this.

Show me proof of this "contractors rate".

You cannot because there is none.

Also...if you read my post again you will see that that information was given to me over 2 years ago.

I was just repeating the same thing I have said many times over the last 2 years...thats all.

But the key piece of information that I shared was that no one knows the date, rate or terms of exchange for that is all classified.

The validity of the information I shared is yet to be seen...but soon enough it will be known to all.

Phoenix

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Show me proof of this "contractors rate".

You cannot because there is none.

Also...if you read my post again you will see that that information was given to me over 2 years ago.

I was just repeating the same thing I have said many times over the last 2 years...thats all.

But the key piece of information that I shared was that no one knows the date, rate or terms of exchange for that is all classified.

The validity of the information I shared is yet to be seen...but soon enough it will be known to all.

Phoenix

Show me proof of an exchange period. :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Why would they need to replace the currency again with new currency?

unless there was a "Redenomination".

To remove the lager denominations off of the street.

They will be replacing the old currency with the lower denoms.

They will both be on the street at the same time but there will be a time window to get the old exchanged for new.

Out side of Iraq you will not be able to exchange for the new and will only be able to exchange for your local currency.

The announcment of the introduction of the lower denoms (new currency) and the RV will be one and the same.

Phoenix

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Wow, I can't believe people would call out Phoenix for posting some pretty basic stuff here. I interpreted his "7 Day" angle EXACTLY how he explained it later on in this thread... It's a possibility and I think all Phoenix was trying to do is raise awareness that once the "RV" hits - you have to TAKE CARE of business...

Granted I'm newer to the forum, but I'm sure more people APPRECIATE Phoenix posting than those that DIDN'T appreciate his comments...

I always wonder - if you don't like someone's "style" of posting - why even click on their threads or respond to their comments within a thread... just keep moving along and don't waste everyone's time.

This thread could have been a LOT more productive for most of us AND Phoenix had we tried to stay on point early.. You know ask questions you are unsure of - maybe you will get an answer from Phoenix or someone else that may chime in to shed light on something...

Happy Thanksgiving!

- Fresh :twothumbs:

• Upvote 10

Thank you, Phoenix. I have always followed and appreciated your posts and I too have felt there would be a time limit on the exchange. It was one of the first things I read about revaluations when I was making the decision to invest. I wish I had the link to the information I had read on this a few months ago. I had no idea how valuable those little links would be today. :) This thought has always been in my mind as far as creating my cash-in plan. I hope I've taken the necessary steps regardless.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours~

• Upvote 3

In the fall of 2003, the Iraqis was given 90 days to exchange the Saddam dinars for the new IQD. I know first hand that many did not make that timeline as they was not informed. Same situation now! The only ones that will get the info to exchange are the ones in the bigger cities. Maybe some in the smaller villages IF their cleric or elder comes back with the info. The ones out in the outskirts has no chance of getting the info in such a short time. The standard of living has not improved that much since 2003. Electricity, as other services is still spotty. So how would their govt think a 7-45 day window would work?

I would not think anything less than a 60 day turn in would be deemed. Common sense is key here. Just as cashing in or sending your dinars to a faceless individual. Can you imagine a bedouin coming in to a town after months, dinar in hand, and it be worthless? Gunfire will follow.

• Upvote 2